What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Heard the same thing Delboy, amazing clauses. And you wonder why the NRL need to come in and take over.
Sharp and the board didn't look at the contract before it went to the NRL????
Thanks to the NRL for not registering the contract.

So what happens if Foran and his Manager turn around and say "I have a contract here, If I don't get this contract as its written in it's entirety, I will see you in court"

This is A $5 million deal. Surely he will just take the matter to court now.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the news sais the club asked the NRL not to register the contract after Anderson went over the contract and discovered the clauses

Massoud said we have now offered him another one for $300k less without the clauses

if that is true it could have only come from his agent

scumbags the lot of them

IFR33K

Coach
So what happens if Foran and his Manager turn around and say "I have a contract here, If I don't get this contract as its written in it's entirety, I will see you in court"

I'd say the contract needs to have a stamp of approval by the NRL before its bound by law....

Glenn

First Grade
My opinion - Foran will be a rooster next year.Timing is too perfect -Maloney goes too sharks-They clearing books. All of a sudden this breaks.

It is not as simple as people are making out.We are a club in CRISIS. And we are in big trouble next year.

Why should next year be any different to the last god knows how many.

Delboy

First Grade
The biggest problem is DA now involved in the negotiations,no secret he is viewed as an arrogant pri*k by most managers and players

IFR33K

Coach
The biggest problem is DA now involved in the negotiations,no secret he is viewed as an arrogant pri*k by most managers and players

Being nice hasn't helped us. Maybe we should become the arrogant type and see how it pans out. ;)

Glenn

First Grade
the news sais the club asked the NRL not to register the contract after Anderson went over the contract and discovered the clauses

Massoud said we have now offered him another one for $300k less without the clauses

I am hoping 300k over the course of the contract. But this is Massoud we are talking about, so he could've pulled that figure from his arse.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd say the contract needs to have a stamp of approval by the NRL before its bound by law....

Mate...The NRL isn't God, Queen and Country. The NRL indicating that they will not register a contract because it is two one sided to the player would get laughed at in any court room in Australia.

Further more, if Keiran Foran has entered into an agreement in good faith and an authorised representative of the Parramatta NRL club has agreed to those terms, in good faith, then no court in the land would make a finding in favour of the club.

I would imagine this will end up in court to be honest, unless both the club and the NRL agree to the terms.

IFR33K

Coach
It's becoming clear as to why we were interested in Jacob miller. It's our fall back option if foran bails.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Mate...The NRL isn't God, Queen and Country. The NRL indicating that they will not register a contract because it is two one sided to the player would get laughed at in any court room in Australia.

Further more, if Keiran Foran has entered into an agreement in good faith and an authorised representative of the Parramatta NRL club has agreed to those terms, in good faith, then no court in the land would make a finding in favour of the club.

I would imagine this will end up in court to be honest, unless both the club and the NRL agree to the terms.

By all accounts izzy signed a contract with the eels but the NRL failed to register it. Did that go to the courts?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is no one else has room for him under the cap.

Its a mess but hopefully it can be sorted as he is still going to be paid a squillion

IFR33K

Coach
Well if negotiations are still ongoing, then he still may be in the blue and gold next season.

Parra47

Juniors
Getting Mannah to front the media instead of someone on the board. Professionalism at its best.

Glenn

First Grade
Well if negotiations are still ongoing, then he still may be in the blue and gold next season.

We can but hope, it won't solve all the issues. However at least things would be a more settled on the board front.

Johnny88

Juniors
So that contract is now null and void. The EELS have to come up with a new contract from scratch. Who knows anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts