What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
He's not off-contract until 2014 though, so I daresay that his negotiations aren't affecting Folau's, though it is possible.

boxhead

First Grade
Well that source on nospam46 also says Folau will be a confirmed signing at the end of next week. When someone makes a claim like that, all you can really do is watch.

I do hope it is true, again, after calming down, I really think that this is just a minor set-back and it will all be sorted out soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But, but, but I thought our squad was in good position, cause we have plenty of cap space.

We have plenty of cap space for 2014.

How could we have cap space for next year when we already have 35 players under contract? It's November FFS.

It would be poor management if we did have room under the cap by the start of pre-season.

reading what sticky said it comes accross that he is frustrated and that for some reason because the NRL still has no CEO no one else is prepared to make the decision.
I think the Roosters have just announced SBW even thou the NRL hasn't approved him ethier. But he won't be training anyway as he is injuried so no problems thier with insurance or anything.
The ARLC was meant to streamline things and make the NRL run smoother, i'm yet to see this. The just keep sacking managers instead. How can a huge organisation like the NRL run for so long without a CEO?
This Grant bloke has too much power and IMO the rest of the board need to reel him in.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We have plenty of cap space for 2014.

How could we have cap space for next year when we already have 35 players under contract? It's November FFS.

It would be poor management if we did have room under the cap by the start of pre-season.

Do we have 35 now? Or are we at 33 after releasing Horo and Esi?

boxhead

First Grade
Agreed PM - seems like it will still be done, we just have to be patient.

A bit more positivity - Phil from nospam46 points out that this could all just be Ricky using the media to put pressure on the NRL, which would actually make sense.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
I'm inclined to believe that won't happen.

Also, how do I tell if you are serious or not? Really, your like a sphinx, I can't get a read on you.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Well hopefully the Bulldogs are serious so that if we miss out they get him.
I share Ricky's concerns about losing him to a rival code.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
No way Folau leaves AFL being dependent on Willie Tonga getting a contract somewhere else. you don't accept a 1 million dollar contract dissolving or re-morphing to something else unless it entirely suits you.

The deal has to have been done, Willie would probably have something to do with another player. Issue has to be semantic's.

84 Baby

Referee
reading what sticky said it comes accross that he is frustrated and that for some reason because the NRL still has no CEO no one else is prepared to make the decision.
This is the way I saw Ricky's comments too. On that heard a rumour yesterday on a certain person being "targetted" for the CEO position but it is heavily reliant on the future of Channel 9. If it does come about, I personally don't think it would be a wise choice

boxhead

First Grade
This is the way I saw Ricky's comments too. On that heard a rumour yesterday on a certain person being "targetted" for the CEO position but it is heavily reliant on the future of Channel 9. If it does come about, I personally don't think it would be a wise choice

Danny Weidler? The bloke would tear up.

Eels Dude

Coach
No way Folau leaves AFL being dependent on Willie Tonga getting a contract somewhere else. you don't accept a 1 million dollar contract dissolving or re-morphing to something else unless it entirely suits you.

The deal has to have been done, Willie would probably have something to do with another player. Issue has to be semantic's.

Well apparently Izzy quit before even informing his manager. Maybe he didn't think things through properly.

Suitman

Post Whore

Eddie McGuire?

Suity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.