What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hope to god it's not true. We dont need him. Would be better off with Moylan, Peachey, Cartwright and TMM in the halves should we go with Soward and Wallace at full strength and lose either to injury.

About the only thing it would achieve is making Segeyaro easier to keep since they're close mates. Not that I think we would habe any issue keeping him anyway.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
He's not up to defending in the front line. He would need to put on some size and do a lot of tackling practice.

I like Will Smith as our back up 6. He came on leaps and bounds in the back half of last season and from what I've heard, he's training the house down at the moment.

He came on leaps and bounds at fullback. He was a terrible stand-off.

Exsilium

First Grade
norman did nothing at parra why would he be any different with us

I think if you asked most eels fans "who was your stand out player" you'd find a fair few would rate Norman. He played well in a woeful side.

We don't need him but he's not bad.

Will smith to get good game time.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's not up to defending in the front line. He would need to put on some size and do a lot of tackling practice.

I like Will Smith as our back up 6. He came on leaps and bounds in the back half of last season and from what I've heard, he's training the house down at the moment.

Taylor will be backrow. Defend Moylan between him & Whare solves that problem

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Taylor will be backrow. Defend Moylan between him & Whare solves that problem

Hiding players in the defensive line solves nothing!

Moylan on one side, Soward on the other, you're are just giving the opposition options left and right.

It's simple, in order for Moylan to play 6 (and Soward 7)his defender has to improve. That's the only answer.

I'm sure he is up to it, he's a very hard worker.

The yak

Juniors
A few romours circulating that we are in talks with Para about a swap. Norman for one of the Jennings boys.

:lol:
The kind of rumour rynob would peddle. I bet he started it. He has been scaremongering us losing the Jennings bros for the past 6 months.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I don't want to believe the Norman rumors, but let's not forget our coach signed Scott Prince... Nothing is impossible.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
:lol:
The kind of rumour rynob would peddle. I bet he started it. He has been scaremongering us losing the Jennings bros for the past 6 months.

Maybe, I saw it on FB and Twitter. I asked Gus but he hasn't replied, which has me a little worried, he normally stomps the bullshit out pretty quickly.

grifter

Juniors
Segs and him live together, and there are strong rumors circulating at the moment that a "Sydney ex-Origin half has lost the faith of his team due to his injury ravaged frame" or something to that effect. I may have added the half part.

Gus rates him based on his commentary wraps, and he played for Griffin when he was at the Broncs.

Do you think Soward or Wallace could be too broken to continue and not able to let go of the game they love?

I think this could have legs.

mxlegend99

Referee
He would be an improvement on Wallace. But I would take anyone of Moylan, TMM, Peachey and Cartwright as a half ahead of him. He's really just a ball runner with no playmaking ability. Might work with Soward at halfback. But would be horrible paired with anyone else and soward won't be here much longer. Our future is Moylan and TMM. Why delay that for an average player?

franklin2323

Immortal
He would be an improvement on Wallace. But I would take anyone of Moylan, TMM, Peachey and Cartwright as a half ahead of him. He's really just a ball runner with no playmaking ability. Might work with Soward at halfback. But would be horrible paired with anyone else and soward won't be here much longer. Our future is Moylan and TMM. Why delay that for an average player?

This. Wallace/Soward. Hell even Peachey and Will Smith are good fall back options if needed. We don't need Norman have faith with the players we have

franklin2323

Immortal
Hiding players in the defensive line solves nothing!

Moylan on one side, Soward on the other, you're are just giving the opposition options left and right.

It's simple, in order for Moylan to play 6 (and Soward 7)his defender has to improve. That's the only answer.

I'm sure he is up to it, he's a very hard worker.

I didn't mean to hide him. He tackles guys fine when they break the line moreso to help him with the quantity of tackles he'd need to make

The yak

Juniors
Maybe, I saw it on FB and Twitter. I asked Gus but he hasn't replied, which has me a little worried, he normally stomps the bullshit out pretty quickly.

Usually if you ask him Gus does stamp it out if its false. But in saying that I tweeted him a few weeks ago about Adam Reynolds and got nothing in reply.

betcats

Referee
Plenty of teams play with poor defensive halves the thought that we couldn't do it doesn't make sense imo. For one thing a fit Soward is a better defender than atleast 3 of the halves that just played the GF. Soward/Moylan would be as good defensively as Hunt/Milford, possibly better. How does Morgan go defensively(I haven't noticed)? Because JT isn't even a speed bump.

It would be an adjustment but we could make it work.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Soward cant defend is a myth (ever since he got bonked off by inglis) never really seen him make many errors defensively for us.

Id take Norman for depth thats it which i doubt he will come here for that role. We have Smith as well who is pretty much the same type of player. It makes no sense.

Got it feeling it will happen. Which Jennings brother is it ?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Soward cant defend is a myth (ever since he got bonked off by inglis) never really seen him make many errors defensively for us.

Id take Norman for depth thats it which i doubt he will come here for that role. We have Smith as well who is pretty much the same type of player. It makes no sense.

Got it feeling it will happen. Which Jennings brother is it ?

+1

When Sowie first came here, I thought he'd be shit defensively because I listened to that myth - But he's been pretty solid in my eyes - Occasionally misses a tackle, but so do most players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts