What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev07

Juniors
20170912_054436.jpg
Hi champ,I'm no Australian or Origin coach but have followed the lower grades.
How far do you want to go back?

NSW CUP
2017 NSW Residents

NYC 20s
2016 Grand Final member
2016 NYC Five-Eight of the Year
2016 Junior Kangaroo
2015 Premiership member
•Also led the Premiership Panthers team in the following below
■Equal 1st in tries
■1st in tackles(300 tackles more than 2nd best tackler)
■1st in try assists
■1st in line breaks
■1st in line break assists
■1st in tackle busts
■1st in decoys
■1st in support play
●Also having played at 1,4,6,9,11 & 13.
☆A feat never done before in any elite competition☆

□In my opinion the Panthers 2015 NYC team was the best in the competitions history.

'Hey,coincidentally that team also featured all the players you mentioned in your post'

SG BALL
2014 SG BALL Grand Final member
2013 Penrith Panthers SG BALL Player of the Year
■Only player to feature in SG BALL Team of the week in 3 different positions at 1,6 & 13.
■NYC Debut that year also

HAROLD MATT'S
2012 team

GIO CUP
Member of Patrician Brothers Blacktown Grand Final Champion team of 2012
Grand Final member 2013
Grand Final member 2014
■Only player to play 3 consecutive schoolboys grand finals.
•NSWCCC Grand Final winning member

NRL
2017 debut Rd 19
■ONLY 8 Games thus far...

■Junior Club Minchinbury Jets

...But hey definitely lacks class champ as in your words "Few would think so"

Damn those Rugby League Legends!!!
Your right...they should go and check out Tyrone May's resume in the lower grades before forming an opinion on his 8 games in the NRL.

Hi champ,I'm no Australian or Origin coach but have followed the lower grades.
How far do you want to go back?

NSW CUP
2017 NSW Residents

NYC 20s
2016 Grand Final member
2016 NYC Five-Eight of the Year
2016 Junior Kangaroo
2015 Premiership member
•Also led the Premiership Panthers team in the following below
■Equal 1st in tries
■1st in tackles(300 tackles more than 2nd best tackler)
■1st in try assists
■1st in line breaks
■1st in line break assists
■1st in tackle busts
■1st in decoys
■1st in support play
●Also having played at 1,4,6,9,11 & 13.
☆A feat never done before in any elite competition☆

□In my opinion the Panthers 2015 NYC team was the best in the competitions history.

'Hey,coincidentally that team also featured all the players you mentioned in your post'

SG BALL
2014 SG BALL Grand Final member
2013 Penrith Panthers SG BALL Player of the Year
■Only player to feature in SG BALL Team of the week in 3 different positions at 1,6 & 13.
■NYC Debut that year also

HAROLD MATT'S
2012 team

GIO CUP
Member of Patrician Brothers Blacktown Grand Final Champion team of 2012
Grand Final member 2013
Grand Final member 2014
■Only player to play 3 consecutive schoolboys grand finals.
•NSWCCC Grand Final winning member

NRL
2017 debut Rd 19
■ONLY 8 Games thus far...

■Junior Club Minchinbury Jets

...But hey definitely lacks class champ as in your words "Few would think so"

Damn those Rugby League Legends!!!
Your right...they should go and check out Tyrone May's resume in the lower grades before forming an opinion on his 8 games in the NRL.

■RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP 2017
Silly me to leave out he will be playing for SAMOA in the 6 jersey.
Funnily replacing Broncos Anthony Milford who he will be up against this week.

Kid goes ok for someone who lacks class by most posters on this forum

Reactions: Bob
It has surely been a turbulent time for our club in recent weeks given the issues around Matt Moylan.

Despite the public announcements from our General Manager Gus Gould I have been of the view Matt Moylan would not be with us in 2018.

After todays team announcement I am now firmly of the view he is most definitely gone.

Notwithstanding Matty Moylan may have done the wrong thing on occasion down in Melbourne and with rehabbing his hamstring injury let's make no mistake this is all about economics.

The club offloads Matt Moylan they are far better placed to resign what they believe are higher priorities in Dylan Edwards and Nathan Cleary. At the same time they have a youngster in Jarome Luai who has been described by someone within the club as being akin to Tyronne Peachy & Preston Campbell rolled in to one but who is also a left footer with a great kicking game to boot.

Economic argument only makes sense if it's Moylan demanding more.

Obviously at that point the club has to make a decision, increase Moylan & lose others or let Moylan explore getting a bigger deal elsewhere.

Still if Moylan walks Gould is going to cop a lot of crap from the fans, particularly after his strong statement. Wether that's justified or not isn't really the question.

OldPanther

Coach
View attachment 15368

He's a good player without doubt and deserves to be a part of future plans but doesn't currently look on the same level as Cleary/Edwards. That could very well be how Griffin is using him but it's how it comes across from his time in first grade.

mxlegend99

Referee
View attachment 15368

Did anyone actually say he lacks class? Wasnt it only ever said that hes not in the same class as Edwards and Cleary? Because if so those are 2 extremely different statements.

Hes a good player. Without doubt. But as far as being a spine player at NRL level goes he isn't in their class. But not because he isnt good... Cleary and Edwards are just well above average and look like they could be Origin players in those positions sometime in the future.

May on the other hand is a good player doing a great job at playing in a position the team needs him in at the moment. He's not the best man for that position at full strength, nor is it his best position to reach his potential. Its just what is best right now.

Kev07

Juniors
Did anyone actually say he lacks class? Wasnt it only ever said that hes not in the same class as Edwards and Cleary? Because if so those are 2 extremely different statements.

Hes a good player. Without doubt. But as far as being a spine player at NRL level goes he isn't in their class. But not because he isnt good... Cleary and Edwards are just well above average and look like they could be Origin players in those positions sometime in the future.

May on the other hand is a good player doing a great job at playing in a position the team needs him in at the moment. He's not the best man for that position at full strength, nor is it his best position to reach his potential. Its just what is best right now.
May & Cleary compliment each other much more than Moylan & Cleary.
Compare the stats between Cleary playing with both players.
As you quoted May isn't the best man for that position at full strength,which his stats prove otherwise than he's surpassed expectations in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob

Kev07

Juniors
You have me confused with Umina Panther.

Your boy is a quality player no doubt about it. But, he has a fair way to go to get the same runs on the board as Moylan. A player with Moylans abilities is pretty rare.
Moylan is a superstar player no doubt about it!
But all I'm saying is compare the stats between May & Moylan atm.
Both have now played 8 games at 6

chrisD

Coach
Moylan is a superstar player no doubt about it!
But all I'm saying is compare the stats between May & Moylan atm.
Both have now played 8 games at 6
Are you going to be like that one guy who was obsessed with Anderson? Or that other Soward freak? That May should be in the team ahead of Moylan is nonsense despite how many billion f**king tries he set up in kindergarten and doesn't deserve any more consideration than a filthy look.

Kev07

Juniors
Are you going to be like that one guy who was obsessed with Anderson? Or that other Soward freak? That May should be in the team ahead of Moylan is nonsense despite how many billion f**king tries he set up in kindergarten and doesn't deserve any more consideration than a filthy look.
Not you again champion.

Let's just leave it as your previous quote that 'All May has done is not shit the bed in first grade'

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
*pointless bullshit*

You are the one saying "Look at the stats". So show me them. Otherwise, I'll just have to assume that you are as full of shit as your repetitive use of "champ" seems to suggest.

My argument is based on using my eyes and brain. I understand if that is alien to you, so I will settle for the stats to humor you.

Status
Not open for further replies.