What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Question to those in the know. Why are we now talking to Champion when SK reportedly didn't want him last year?

Because we had our roster full of centres for this year. Next year we have a bunch of them off-contract.

That's why next year is different.

Also is Dwyer really signed till 2013, I thought he was of contract this year, has he already signed an extension?

He re-signed at the end of last year.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Question to those in the know. Why are we now talking to Champion when SK reportedly didn't want him last year?

Also is Dwyer really signed till 2013, I thought he was of contract this year, has he already signed an extension?

I thought we would have had a big go for him after Tahu was punted.
Maybe my memory has faded and Champion was on the market before the Tahu dramas. Not sure.

MrT

Juniors
Paul Aiton is off contract at the sharks and they have 3 hookers all up with Morrsi being 1st choice. I'd much rather Aiton than Iosefa

spartan2153

Juniors
Because we had our roster full of centres for this year. Next year we have a bunch of them off-contract.

That's why next year is different.

He re-signed at the end of last year.

How can you say that after we lost tahu & grothe. They might have signed walker & phatuira but they were on second tier contracts. We had the cap space

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How can you say that after we lost tahu & grothe. They might have signed walker & phatuira but they were on second tier contracts. We had the cap space

I don't think they're on second-tier contracts. They both played first grade by round 2 so they'd certainly be in the top 25.

And it's not just cap space; it's space in the squad. We had Reddy and a couple of old veterans we wanted to get on the field, plus Kearney obviously wanted to give Morgan and Loko a run in first grade through the year.

Signing another centre would have crowded the roster and wouldn't have been fair to the blokes who were already told they had a shot at first grade. Loyalty mate. By the end of pre-season the roster was decided and the players knew where they stood.

Signing a new bloke to walk straight into the team would be terrible for team trust and cohesion.

The Colonel

Immortal

The reason he wasn't wanted at the end of last season was because Souths wanted the Eels to take over the best part of their contract so they could sign Inglis. He is a very good centre but as a club I don't think we wanted to do Souths any sort of favours so they could sign a better player and we pick up the better part of their deal for twelve months.

If we chase Champion now its because he wants to come to the club not because Souths wanted to offload him.

Noise

Coach
I don't think they're on second-tier contracts. They both played first grade by round 2 so they'd certainly be in the top 25.

And it's not just cap space; it's space in the squad. We had Reddy and a couple of old veterans we wanted to get on the field, plus Kearney obviously wanted to give Morgan and Loko a run in first grade through the year.

Signing another centre would have crowded the roster and wouldn't have been fair to the blokes who were already told they had a shot at first grade. Loyalty mate. By the end of pre-season the roster was decided and the players knew where they stood.

Signing a new bloke to walk straight into the team would be terrible for team trust and cohesion.

Maybe, but it seemed to work out for gasnier and the dragons

ParraFan09

Juniors
I think we can still Afford 1 or 2 more outside back deffinently
a Five-Eighth if cheap
and a backrower
For an outside back i would chase Kane Linnett fro the Roosters very good player with a lot of speed and skill, And i dont think he would be asking for to much.
A halves partner for Sandow i would like Ben Roberts if he was willing to come cheapish. (Does anyone know whats happening with roberts i heard we were interested but has there been any talks)
I think Nigel Plum from Penrith or Joel Thompson from Canberra would be fantastic and i dont think either of them would be asking for to much!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at the latest and rumored moves by SK, I think its safe to say that we are not shopping around for a 5/8 and the fact that we are prepared to shell out big money for Hoppa seems obvious to me where we're heading with regard to next years 5/8

Maroubra Eel

Coach
looking at the latest and rumored moves by SK, I think its safe to say that we are not shopping around for a 5/8 and the fact that we are prepared to shell out big money for Hoppa seems obvious to me where we're heading with regard to next years 5/8

Well hopefully his drug ban is lifted and it'll all be sweet. Humble and Sandow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
injured calf

MyyWcZZNU_A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts