What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
I heard from a coach from another side that Foran's manager has told him that he has signed with us, therefore meaning he isn't cruising around to see other clubs unlike DCE

bartman

Immortal
I reckon he'd be visiting a club that doesn't want it's name in the paper linked with signing a half for next year... a club whose current halves are under contract perhaps?

I also remember hearing that Watmough and DCE didn't get on, and you'd think that would count us out of being the unnamed club - especially if the rumour about Foran already having agreed terms with us was true.

Avenger

Immortal
I love money and I drive a crappier car than that. Only broke wankers buried under massive consumer debt drive expensive cars. Them and the truly filthy rich.

You are preaching to the converted. I used to love driving Euro cars and even complicated getting a Audi SQ5 recently but then I jumped in a Mazda 6, top of the range and was blown away as it looks and drives as good as anything European under $100K. I also test drove a Hyundai Santa Fe and it drives better than my mate's BMW X5. No shit.

Someone

Bench
id be surprised if DCE was visiting the Eels tomorrow. It would be leaked by now.

He'd be heading out to Canterbury as bart was implying.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You are preaching to the converted. I used to love driving Euro cars and even complicated getting a Audi SQ5 recently but then I jumped in a Mazda 6, top of the range and was blown away as it looks and drives as good as anything European under $100K. I also test drove a Hyundai Santa Fe and it drives better than my mate's BMW X5. No shit.

I almost bought a Santa Fe myself. My Cayenne-owning mate thought I was high, but I was very impressed.

I settled for a Mazda3 SP25 Astina, and I'm laughing - $50 every fortnight to fill it up and a pleasure to drive.

But my initial point was that a young bloke in a good wicket stereotypically buys an expensive car.

Avenger

Immortal
I almost bought a Santa Fe myself. My Cayenne-owning mate thought I was high, but I was very impressed.

I settled for a Mazda3 SP25 Astina, and I'm laughing - $50 every fortnight to fill it up and a pleasure to drive.

But my initial point was that a young bloke in a good wicket stereotypically buys an expensive car.

Good choice. Top car and better than a VW Golf as far as reliability is concerned. Everyone is different. I'd always buy top shelf Japanese, Honda NSX, Nissan GTR, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX7 (when it returns) before anything European.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good choice. Top car and better than a VW Golf as far as reliability is concerned. Everyone is different. I'd always buy top shelf Japanese, Honda NSX, Nissan GTR, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX7 (when it returns) before anything European.

I love Volkswagens, but I was concerned about running costs and reliability.

After driving the Mazda, I was left speechless - it might be small, but it's great to drive, economical to run and cheap to fill up. And in my opinion, it looks great on the Soul Red colour.

But you're bang-on - to each their own.

I told a mate I thought the new Hyundai Genesis was gorgeous to look at and beautiful to drive, and he scrunched his face up at me and laughed. He owns an entry model E Class, and the top-spec Genesis has more fruit, drives beautifully and is cheaper to run and insure.

But he got a Merc so he could tell people he owns a Merc. And meanwhile, he's living in a cheap studio apartment!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I just buy something that has enough room to shove my dogs into. If it has 4 wheels and some forward momentum then that is a bonus.

Wankers. You should all buy motorbikes. You wouldn't be as cool as me but you'd end up less further away from being as cool as me than you currently are now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wankers. You should all buy motorbikes. You wouldn't be as cool as me but you'd end up less further away from being as cool as me than you currently are now.

That's the dream, mate.

At the moment, though, my focus is on growing a beard that approaches but one percent of the glory of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts