What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Stefano would be good if we could get him but tbh I’d rather get Fifita. I know many won’t agree but a couple years ago he was up there with kikau as the best edge in the comp, id back Ivan to turn into one of the games premier forwards again.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Stefano would be good if we could get him but tbh I’d rather get Fifita. I know many won’t agree but a couple years ago he was up there with kikau as the best edge in the comp, id back Ivan to turn into one of the games premier forwards again.

I want Fifita too.
Has a clause in his contract that he has to activate by round 10. If he doesn't. He becomes a free agent

WestyLife

First Grade

He'd be an awesome buy.

age.s

First Grade
I feel like he might be more of chance also. Titans seem to going nowhere whereas the tigers seem to be on the improve.
Hes at that age where a big next couple of years could see him set up with a monster contract to finish off his career. Atm his value is falling which is not where you want to be at 24.

Any thoughts on Trey Mooney for next season? Off contract this year. Only 21/turns 22 in a few weeks. Stats: 188cm - 106kgs. Get him for around $375k and have him coming off the pine with Henry in 2025. Start with Smith and Leota.

As I keep saying it’s 2026 where Panthers should be aiming to get an established prop.

Off contract end of 2025 props:
Top 3 candidates imo (would command around $650k +)
1. Leo Thompson
2. Stefano Utoikamanu
3. Griffin Neame

Next tier candidates (would command around $550k +)
4. Xavier Willison
5. David Moale
6. Tom Hazelton

Last tier candidates (would command around $450k +)
7. Fonua Pole
8. Oregon Kaufusi
I don’t know Trey, but that is the price range we need to be focusing on.

MugaB

Coach
What about Junior Paulo?
Nope, that's up there with joe ofenenguai, you guys are really shit at recruitment btw, and no to Paulo, he is way past his peak... if we pick up a prop it would be a young up and comer, and small coin, sort of like the sorrenson or hosking mould

Iamback

Coach
Any thoughts on Trey Mooney for next season? Off contract this year. Only 21/turns 22 in a few weeks. Stats: 188cm - 106kgs. Get him for around $375k and have him coming off the pine with Henry in 2025. Start with Smith and Leota.

As I keep saying it’s 2026 where Panthers should be aiming to get an established prop.

Off contract end of 2025 props:
Top 3 candidates imo (would command around $650k +)
1. Leo Thompson
2. Stefano Utoikamanu
3. Griffin Neame

Next tier candidates (would command around $550k +)
4. Xavier Willison
5. David Moale
6. Tom Hazelton

Last tier candidates (would command around $450k +)
7. Fonua Pole
8. Oregon Kaufusi

I'd only take the top list.

We need an established guy around 24 or so. To come in and start in the 17 and be peaking when Leota's deal is running out and he is on the decline.

That is the only way we come out in front

MugaB

Coach
I'd only take the top list.

We need an established guy around 24 or so. To come in and start in the 17 and be peaking when Leota's deal is running out and he is on the decline.

That is the only way we come out in front
Hazelton I don't mind, he'd be the best buy we could still mould him into a starting prop, I doubt the sharks let him go though, there are some young props at parra (Ofahiki Ogden, Wiremu Greig) nabbing one for a bench spot would be good, just have either Smith, Martin or Sorro start with Leota, then Henry and whoever we pick up on bench, as I've said before shifting a few players around would be good for the future anyways we are always evolving, and Alamoti seems pretty well threatening on the wing/centre edge, May on the other, To'O and turuva as wings

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Hazelton I don't mind, he'd be the best buy we could still mould him into a starting prop, I doubt the sharks let him go though, there are some young props at parra (Ofahiki Ogden, Wiremu Greig) nabbing one for a bench spot would be good, just have either Smith, Martin or Sorro start with Leota, then Henry and whoever we pick up on bench, as I've said before shifting a few players around would be good for the future anyways we are always evolving, and Alamoti seems pretty well threatening on the wing/centre edge, May on the other, To'O and turuva as wings

I think if we can't get a starting prop. Try an starting edge and move Sorro

Failing that forward pay some guys, fast track some kids and go hard for 2026

MugaB

Coach
I think if we can't get a starting prop. Try an starting edge and move Sorro

Failing that forward pay some guys, fast track some kids and go hard for 2026
It's why I mentioned Jayden Su'a a few pages/days ago, so much easier to get a backrower than a starting prop.... besides dragons want turuva badly, we want a starting forward, a swap deal could happen.... and IVAN LOVES HIS BACK ROWERS
aha ha ha ha tehhheeeee

hindy111

Post Whore

Ogden would be close to 30.
Grieg would be good and cheap. 250-300k

Latest posts