What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
So he's good?

Bit older. 24yo 5/8. Came from the storm juniors as a youngster after winning their best player.

Played for st marys then our nsw cup since.

Hes really impressed when ive seen him in cup last 18 months.

Hes tough. Good running game and nice short kicking game and hes a genuine 6 unlike cole who is more stuck in the peachy sort of mould..

Hes probably behind laurie, cole and schnieder for next year but i genuinely think hes a real chance. And the club obviously do to given hes been upgraded.

Moving to the ft squad i think he will go from strength to strength.

And yes schnieder has been ok but i also have seen a fair bit from him that has been quite unconvincing too.

Anyway competition for that 6 spot next year is really healthy and it will bring out the best in the 4 of them.

Cole for me is probably the perfect 14 guy.

I do like laurie as a 6, but id need to see a bit more of him in the top grade to see how his defence holds up. If his defence is solid then he probs gets first crack i think. Hes a genuine livewire and he has a bit of moylan about him in terms of ball playing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Bit older. 24yo 5/8. Came from the storm juniors as a youngster after winning their best player.

Played for st marys then our nsw cup since.

Hes really impressed when ive seen him in cup last 18 months.

Hes tough. Good running game and nice short kicking game and hes a genuine 6 unlike cole who is more stuck in the peachy sort of mould..

Hes probably behind laurie, cole and schnieder for next year but i genuinely think hes a real chance. And the club obviously do to given hes been upgraded.

Moving to the ft squad i think he will go from strength to strength.

And yes schnieder has been ok but i also have seen a fair bit from him that has been quite unconvincing too.

Anyway competition for that 6 spot next year is really healthy and it will bring out the best in the 4 of them.

Cole for me is probably the perfect 14 guy.

I do like laurie as a 6, but id need to see a bit more of him in the top grade to see how his defence holds up. If his defence is solid then he probs gets first crack i think. Hes a genuine livewire and he has a bit of moylan about him in terms of ball playing.
A good 14 needs to be able to defend in the middle. Both Cole and Laurie aren't fit for the role

Girds89

Bench
A good 14 needs to be able to defend in the middle. Both Cole and Laurie aren't fit for the role

Cole is young enough and is flexible enough to develop that part of his game.

He will also add 4 or 5kgs of muscle of the next 18 months.

Laurie is maxed out size wise. He is a 1 that can play 6.

Either way i like cole, laurie and trent at 6 more then schnieder.

Laurie would be my first choice as he has genuine speed..

For all the staines love here about how quick he was the rumours and talk was always that him and laurie were neck and neck over a 100m... and i think laurie easily had him over 40. Staines got quicker as he got going, wasnt as explosive as daine.

Daine has probably lost a few yards since hes been moved to 6.. but hes still very very quick.

Got a triple last night including a 80m try.

Hes a genuine threat with ball in hand. And he plays sooo much more direct than luai which i love.

Big question is just the defence.

Weve seen luai take down players like NAS and make great tackles time and time again over the years. He is also a great reader of defence. Highly underated and ive always said hes the best 6 in the game in defence.

Can we get laurie to a standard that meets our fg team requirements week in week out.

If we can hes definitely my first choice.

But having schnieder, cole and toelau pressuring is a great thing.

Girds89

Bench
Havent been convinced on Mav for the last 2 years.

Like ive said a few times the only game ive seen him grab by the scruff off the neck was the flegg gf they won years back when he took it upon himself to get the boys home.

Hes just a avg nsw cup player tbh.

Soro has been great... soo bloody good for us.. i think hes got another 18momths in him.

Not like hes played a lot of nrl. Hes not a 300 gamer. And he treats his body like a temple.

But if theres two spots we need to recruit its prop and 2nd row.

Hassett isn't really what we need i dont think. Mav isnt quite it.

We have to go to market for at least a prop and a 2md rower.

If we cant get a big name star, then get 3 or 4 gun juniors in those spots. Blokes that are in the 18-20yo bracket that are knocking the door down at their club and waiting for a chance.

Find the next kikau, get the next haas out there.

I love that we are a development club but some of our best players have been guys weve got at that age. Kiks was soo good for us and we got him just at that right age were we could really mould him.

We developed him. Yes it wasnt as a junior but he learned how to be an nrl player here.

Do we try get 1 star like a fifita or stefano... or do we go hard for 4 gun juniors...

1 prop
2 2nd rowers
1 hooker

Give em all good wages for 3 years and see where it takes us..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Havent been convinced on Mav for the last 2 years.

Like ive said a few times the only game ive seen him grab by the scruff off the neck was the flegg gf they won years back when he took it upon himself to get the boys home.

Hes just a avg nsw cup player tbh.

Soro has been great... soo bloody good for us.. i think hes got another 18momths in him.

Not like hes played a lot of nrl. Hes not a 300 gamer. And he treats his body like a temple.

But if theres two spots we need to recruit its prop and 2nd row.

Hassett isn't really what we need i dont think. Mav isnt quite it.

We have to go to market for at least a prop and a 2md rower.

If we cant get a big name star, then get 3 or 4 gun juniors in those spots. Blokes that are in the 18-20yo bracket that are knocking the door down at their club and waiting for a chance.

Find the next kikau, get the next haas out there.

I love that we are a development club but some of our best players have been guys weve got at that age. Kiks was soo good for us and we got him just at that right age were we could really mould him.

We developed him. Yes it wasnt as a junior but he learned how to be an nrl player here.

Do we try get 1 star like a fifita or stefano... or do we go hard for 4 gun juniors...

1 prop
2 2nd rowers
1 hooker

Give em all good wages for 3 years and see where it takes us..
I'd be going for one gun forward. Either middle or edge and then work around it

GowersDallyM

Juniors
How one sided is this game tho.. Broncos getting every call and very dodgy ones at that. Run 20 metres with passing and they don't call it advantage, getting penalties to get them out of their half.. offside calls. Very very suss game and yet they're still losing.

Girds89

Bench
Haha every time someone has a good game ppl on here wana throw money at them.

Angus has said he wants to play rugby.

Hes had 2 or 3 good games.

Hed need to put together another 7 or 8 consistently, and be prepared to commit to league before i even thought about it.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Haha every time someone has a good game ppl on here wana throw money at them.

Angus has said he wants to play rugby.

Hes had 2 or 3 good games.

Hed need to put together another 7 or 8 consistently, and be prepared to commit to league before i even thought about it.

Nah he has been the roosters best forward all year by along way.

Girds89

Bench
Nah he has been the roosters best forward all year by along way.
What lol??

He was in cup to start the year.

The off the bench. Only been back starting last few weeks.

Hes had two good weeks..

At his best he is a very good player.. but i cant see him going anywhere but rugby next year.

Chooks would have the coin to resign him for sure and id be pretty confident that if he is signing a contract anywhere but the chooks it will be in rah rah

Latest posts