What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Crashtest

Juniors
That theory, idea what ever you want to call it, is the greatest amount of gobbly goop ever.

In reality isn't quite simple. You give each club who develops their own players, salary cap relief.

Whether it's a percentage or a physical number who cares. Clubs who spend big *like Penrith in developing juniors, should be rewarded for the money spent and the effort.
We can we vote for you to be on the NRL Board!

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I ask myself 3 negitive questions.
Have we peaked or close to it?
Are the other playing group ok with this?
Is Nathan going to be injury free mostly?

I am pleased don't get me wrong, I just look at things at many different angles and sometimes I over analysis. I want us to fix our Hooker option next year, Kenny doesn't cut it for me, Luke hasn't played NRL. I would rather Put Tiny in that position, but I would have him over Staines on the right anyway.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

I am pleased don't get me wrong, I just look at things at many different angles and sometimes I over analysis. I want us to fix our Hooker option next year, Kenny doesn't cut it for me, Luke hasn't played NRL. I would rather Put Tiny in that position, but I would have him over Staines on the right anyway.

We've just locked up the worlds best player, NSW half, CC and player that took the team to our first GF win in almost 20 years - and he has another 10 years in the game and could quite likely go down as one of the top 3 of all time. Hard to be upset about that...

Agree on hooker concerns for next year, but we were all concerned for this year around centre positon. I trust those above my paygrade at the club to get it right. They have so far, for sometime now.

Iamback

Coach

We do need a hooker.

The presser are normally not needed in these cases but here you have Nathan publicly saying he took unders.

That hopefully has the flow on with others to do the same

mxlegend99

Referee
Only a few years ago we had fans suggesting Nathan wasn't worth this sort of money. That we should let him go and sign Luke Brooks on like $600k.

Now Luke Brooks is the biggest joke half in the game and somehow Tigers are paying him more than we are paying Nathan.

Thank god we got rid of Hook before he made Nathan's career impossible to salvage. Ivan really deserves some credit for how he can develop a playmaker.

He got Luke Brooks as Dally M half of the year. Nathan has become the best half in the game. Soward had a terrific season under him after Dragons booted him. Johnson and Maloney led Warriors to a grand final under him. Just a really good strike rate with halves in his career.players who were better under him than coaches before and after.

Though he couldn't get much out of Luke Walsh.

mxlegend99

Referee

We have the best player in the game locked up for the next 5 years on under market value

A player that will help keep players at the club for less money too. If we hit the market he's going to attract players to the club

The only issue with Nathan was when it meant May was an auto pick. But so long as we dont backflip on him that's not an issue anymore

BossleyPanther

Juniors
We do need a hooker.

The presser are normally not needed in these cases but here you have Nathan publicly saying he took unders.

That hopefully has the flow on with others to do the same
What was cringe worthy is him signing the last pieces of the doc, where was Ivan's signature? Why do it publicly?

Iamback

Coach
It could backfire. If we lose To'o we could lose Crichton. We lost kikau so we lost Api. The brotherhood is strong, more than anyother club. 1 lose will have a ripple effect.

The guys from The Area won't go. Api and Kiks are different

To'o and Critter won't go. More getting new guys in

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The guys from The Area won't go. Api and Kiks are different

To'o and Critter won't go. More getting new guys in
Priorities May, Turuva and Hooker. You did say we are sniffing Verrills, I wonder if this Ivan/Nath deal is connected?

Staines can go, who is Kenny closest too?

Iamback

Coach
Priorities May, Turuva and Hooker. You did say we are sniffing Verrills, I wonder if this Ivan/Nath deal is connected?

Staines can go, who is Kenny closest too?

Say the $1.1m figure is correct - which it seems to be.

That is $200k minimum less he took.
Luai is on $700k - given Kiks and Api got more. He could get more too.

If he stays for unders and so on it keeps money to go buy players as we need

As for who Kenny is close with. He won SG Ball in 2016 as a lock. Played with

To'o
SOS
Tago's brother

The Flegg side in 2018 made the GF

Crichton
To'o
Kenny - again lock
Spencer
Hopgood played in that

So there are a few around.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Say the $1.1m figure is correct - which it seems to be.

That is $200k minimum less he took.
Luai is on $700k - given Kiks and Api got more. He could get more too.

If he stays for unders and so on it keeps money to go buy players as we need

As for who Kenny is close with. He won SG Ball in 2016 as a lock. Played with

To'o
SOS
Tago's brother

The Flegg side in 2018 made the GF

Crichton
To'o
Kenny - again lock
Spencer
Hopgood played in that

So there are a few around.
Kenny at lock is do-able, but I do prefer Hopgood to take that spot after Yeo. I would not mind Yeo wearing the 10 jersey while playing the same role.

BxTom

Bench
@Girds89

notice Fletcher in the presser say the board said to re-sign Ivan?

Exactly as I said it is. Wasn't just Dave they changed to process after the hook farce
And, I suspect, the hashed re-signing of Cleary. It turned out to be a good decision, but I think the board were in the dark, which is likely why he is no longer here...

Latest posts