What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
The Board asked for suggestions.

Brandy had one
Gus had one
Dave has one

The board chose Dave's it was as easy as that. No going behind anyone's back
Your trying to re-right history here.

The moving on from Anthony Griffin and bringing back Ivan Cleary did not involve any collaborative consultation.

Dave O’Neill rightly or wrongly, 100% went behind Gus Gould’s back. Suggesting otherwise is just not consistent with the truth.

While Gus Gould was actively going down another path, the COB was secretly negotiating with his mate Ivan Cleary. You can out whatever spin on it you like but it just isn’t true.

Dave O’Neill paid the ultimate price for his treachery, even if the decision to bring Ivan back ultimately proved to be a master stroke.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I really don't think Dave O'Neil went behind the board's back. I think it was known that Ivan was of interest.

I think it was more Gus attempting to run round behind to get Bennett, because Cleary was in the mix (so to speak)

In reality it matters little. I'm extremely relieved and pleased that Ivan came back, and that Penrith have had the sucesses of 2020, 2021, and into 2022.

I really don't think Dave O'Neil went behind the board's back. I think it was known that Ivan was of interest.

I think it was more Gus attempting to run round behind to get Bennett, because Cleary was in the mix (so to speak)

In reality it matters little. I'm extremely relieved and pleased that Ivan came back, and that Penrith have had the sucesses of 2020, 2021, and into 2022.
Well said Alice. It’s all ancient history but worked out extremely well for us fans!!

Girds89

Bench
Your trying to re-right history here.

The moving on from Anthony Griffin and bringing back Ivan Cleary did not involve any collaborative consultation.

Dave O’Neill rightly or wrongly, 100% went behind Gus Gould’s back. Suggesting otherwise is just not consistent with the truth.

While Gus Gould was actively going down another path, the COB was secretly negotiating with his mate Ivan Cleary. You can out whatever spin on it you like but it just isn’t true.

Dave O’Neill paid the ultimate price for his treachery, even if the decision to bring Ivan back ultimately proved to be a master stroke.

Franklin believes a throw away comment at a press conference that had nothing to do with dave oniel and the board and takes it as gospel.

Yet when gus comes out and makes a comment on the the kikau bulldogs incident he has every reason under the sun to deny that was the truth...even if no one has come out and denied goulds version of events...

Tbh i couldnt care less. But i just laugh that some can find truth in somethings that are clearly not known... yet other situations someone is a liar or orchestrated the photo due to alterior motives even when no one has denied his version of events.

Some will use whatever they can to push their narative on here.

Anyone in upper management full stop is a scumbag
I’m sure you have had some issues with upper management individuals before, and it wouldn’t surprise me if you have seen situations that have been less than ethical .

But asking on behalf of scumbags everywhere; should we equally generalise (based on your comment) that all non-upper management folk are ignorant idiots?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Franklin believes a throw away comment at a press conference that had nothing to do with dave oniel and the board and takes it as gospel.

Yet when gus comes out and makes a comment on the the kikau bulldogs incident he has every reason under the sun to deny that was the truth...even if no one has come out and denied goulds version of events...

Tbh i couldnt care less. But i just laugh that some can find truth in somethings that are clearly not known... yet other situations someone is a liar or orchestrated the photo due to alterior motives even when no one has denied his version of events.

Are you referring to Lamback here, Kilkenny or both ?

I believe that everyone feeds the narrative that sits the best with their inner being. It's human nature to do that.

Iamback

Coach

Pot meet kettle.

You believe the version of O'Neill going behind Gus' back with zero evidence

Same same really

Kilkenny

Coach
Pot meet kettle.

Same same really
It’s accepted fact. Acknowledged by everyone directly and indirectly involved (media). It’s what happened, no one denies it, except you apparently.

Girds89

Bench
Pot meet kettle.

Same same really

You called me out for something ive never even professed to know or claim to lol.. i wasnt even in the chat for a few days....

I believe that they both went behind each others backs. I dont think it was meant to be deceitful. I think both just had an idea on what they thought was best for the club at the time. That is just my opinion about an incident where no one knows the extent of what happened.

Unless your gould, oniell or a board member im not sure how anyone could know what really happened.

I do believe gus version of events for the kikau incident. He has come out publicly and thoroughly and chronologicaly divulged what happened.

It is a FACT he has done that...

It is also a FACT that not a single person has disputed hes version of events at this stage...

Yet you and others still choose to believe it was about gould stroking an alleged ego he has and all an alternative motive to get back at the club lol.

Kilkenny

Coach
Are you referring to Lamback here, Kilkenny or both ?

I believe that everyone feeds the narrative that sits the best with their inner being. It's human nature to do that.
Lamback is trying to somehow spin a narrative Gus Gould wasn’t undermined by the COB Dave O’Neill when it is acknowledged by all parties that is exactly what happened.

There is a difference between promoting your own viewpoints or narrative in total disregard for the truth of what happened.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s accepted fact. Acknowledged by everyone directly and indirectly involved (media). It’s what happened, no one denies it, except you apparently.

Does it really matter. Is it that important in the great scheme of things.

The board (for whatever reason) decided that Ivan was a better fit as coach for Penrith in late 2018, rather than Wayne.

Maybe the board believed that with Ivan on board, Nathan would grow, be settled, and do something like what happened late in 2021, and then what happened a couple of days ago.

Why Kilkenny is someone painted in a white hat, whilst the other person is painted in a black hat.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit about all of it (almost teenage drama stuff)

I'm thrilled to be supporing a footy club that won the trophy last year. Has re-signed Ivan and his son Nathan on good long term contracts.

All that other stuff is like fish n chip paper....Good for nothing, except eating yumy chips from.

Iamback

Coach
I’m sure you have had some issues with upper management individuals before, and it wouldn’t surprise me if you have seen situations that have been less than ethical .

But asking on behalf of scumbags everywhere; should we equally generalise (based on your comment) that all non-upper management folk are ignorant idiots?

I probably shouldn't of been so general.

I work in data analysis field. Some of those relate to employment. In most cases 75% of staff aren't happy with upper management.

Various reasons given. That is what I mean't in this case.

Abcoe has competitiors, disgruntled ex staff, there were the reports of him being too full on with players... There is enough enemies out there and got what they wanted here.

Anyone with such a position are vunerable

Kilkenny

Coach
Does it really matter. Is it that important in the great scheme of things.

The board (for whatever reason) decided that Ivan was a better fit as coach for Penrith in late 2018, rather than Wayne.

Maybe the board believed that with Ivan on board, Nathan would grow, be settled, and do something like what happened late in 2021, and then what happened a couple of days ago.

Why Kilkenny is someone painted in a white hat, whilst the other person is painted in a black hat.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit about all of it (almost teenage drama stuff)

I'm thrilled to be supporing a footy club that won the trophy last year. Has re-signed Ivan and his son Nathan on good long term contracts.

All that other stuff is like fish n chip paper....Good for nothing, except eating yumy chips from.
It’s not the point. It’s not the argument. It’s not about whether Gould had to go or not.

This notion promoted by Lamback that everyone at our club was fully aware about all deliberations, negotiations, transparency around Ivan being brought back to the club is farcical.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story as you seem to think.

The ends justify the means so all good there, but Dave O’Neill was outed for a reason and you don’t have to be a genius to work out why.

Iamback

Coach
Lamback is trying to somehow spin a narrative Gus Gould wasn’t undermined by the COB Dave O’Neill when it is acknowledged by all parties that is exactly what happened.

There is a difference between promoting your own viewpoints or narrative in total disregard for the truth of what happened.

The process was changed to make the board to vote on such things

It wasn't possible for Gus or Dave to make such decisions

It was changed after Going through Justin Pascoe and Corey Payne as CEO's in 12 months.

Gus stated in one of his many pressers that the board told him to fire hook.

Iamback

Coach
Gus says here the Board told him to Sack hook.

If they can fire, Why can't they hire?

Attachments

• 910B0AFB-CD2B-4010-AD19-5524518CA606.png
    910B0AFB-CD2B-4010-AD19-5524518CA606.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts