What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
I actually don't think the Tigers job would be a bad one for Ciraldo.

Absolutely no expectation and I'd say he'd be able negotiate himself full control. Likely to take them off the bottom and almost anything would look like an improvement.

The Tigers are coach killers. If Ciraldo was to go there for success they would have to clean out the joint. Not just the players either.

That theory, idea what ever you want to call it, is the greatest amount of gobbly goop ever.

In reality isn't quite simple. You give each club who develops their own players, salary cap relief.

Whether it's a percentage or a physical number who cares. Clubs who spend big *like Penrith in developing juniors, should be rewarded for the money spent and the effort.
The problem with this approach Alice is when is a kid developed by one club versus another. The system proposed in the article isn’t perfect (as it will just incentivise clubs to both poach and play kids younger) but at least it is black and white.

If this system is put in place I can see a lot of 18 year old kids being handed bench spots, running on for 3 mins for a debut and then being relegated back to the lower grades (for another kid to do exactly the same thing the week after). Maybe people think that isn’t too much of an issue as it just rewards the teams that are actually developing the players, but it won’t benefit the Roosters so it won’t happen.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The problem with this approach Alice is when is a kid developed by one club versus another. The system proposed in the article isn’t perfect (as it will just incentivise clubs to both poach and play kids younger) but at least it is black and white.

If this system is put in place I can see a lot of 18 year old kids being handed bench spots, running on for 3 mins for a debut and then being relegated back to the lower grades (for another kid to do exactly the same thing the week after). Maybe people think that isn’t too much of an issue as it just rewards the teams that are actually developing the players, but it won’t benefit the Roosters so it won’t happen.
maybe they can base it on time on the field.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
The Tigers are a mess. Ciraldo is untested. If I was on the board I would push for Flanagan. He has experience, is a tough bugger and knows how to make a club successful. He would be a good fit for Sheens.
Madge is a tough coach with a premiership winning background aswell...I'd say (Flanno) they're both very similar style of coaches. Ivan is a calm cool cat that likes to sit back and assess, whilst Madge and Flanno are like Ricky Stewart! Blow ups over blow ups and never changing things up to suit the teams style...more just continue to try mold a team into what they want.

Ivan allows the team to be who they want to be (dancing, signing and having fun) I'd doubt old Madge or Flanno would allow that under there roof. Panthers is a team first team whilst the tigers haven't been the same since Benji left. Tigers think Brooks is the answer and it's clear and has been clear over many years now that he isn't the answer. Letting go of quality players to than buy old has beens eg Tamou (they should have just stuck with the one) and afew other oldies that are plodders. Their only good player is Adam Duiee? Spelling is incorrect and even then they play him in all different types of positions. Their forwards suck and their backing is under used compared to the best teams that use the hell out of their backlines eg us, storm and roosters who have big meter eating outside backs.

Piss Brooks off let go of old plodders and build a team around Adam and make playing footy fun again. We were in a very similar situation under Elliot and abit under Hook. Ciraldo could easily go in there and turn thr club around as he is chilled and sees what panthers are doing by developing and keeping the juniors..Tigers have had alot of gun juniors and let them all go.

GongPanther

Referee
Ciraldo couldn't do any worse than staying with the Panthers organisation, then take over when Cleary finishes his coaching career in 2007.He will know the setup, the players, the culture. Panthers will I'm sure make his worth while by staying.

But if a big enough carrot is dangled in front of him from another club, good luck to him.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Ciraldo couldn't do any worse than staying with the Panthers organisation, then take over when Cleary finishes his coaching career in 2007.He will know the setup, the players, the culture. Panthers will I'm sure make his worth while by staying.

But if a big enough carrot is dangled in front of him from another club, good luck to him.
Dolphins under Bennet for a year or two than take over would be the way I'd play it if I was him.. 2027 comes around and if Ivan leaves than jump straight in hopefully getting the dolphins in a decent spot and making you worth plenty.

Dolphins under Bennet for a year or two than take over would be the way I'd play it if I was him.. 2027 comes around and if Ivan leaves than jump straight in hopefully getting the dolphins in a decent spot and making you worth plenty.
Second coach of an expansion team is a tough gig; none of the goodwill of the inaugural coach but less infrastructure than an established team.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Madge is a tough coach with a premiership winning background aswell...I'd say (Flanno) they're both very similar style of coaches. Ivan is a calm cool cat that likes to sit back and assess, whilst Madge and Flanno are like Ricky Stewart! Blow ups over blow ups and never changing things up to suit the teams style...more just continue to try mold a team into what they want.

Ivan allows the team to be who they want to be (dancing, signing and having fun) I'd doubt old Madge or Flanno would allow that under there roof. Panthers is a team first team whilst the tigers haven't been the same since Benji left. Tigers think Brooks is the answer and it's clear and has been clear over many years now that he isn't the answer. Letting go of quality players to than buy old has beens eg Tamou (they should have just stuck with the one) and afew other oldies that are plodders. Their only good player is Adam Duiee? Spelling is incorrect and even then they play him in all different types of positions. Their forwards suck and their backing is under used compared to the best teams that use the hell out of their backlines eg us, storm and roosters who have big meter eating outside backs.

Piss Brooks off let go of old plodders and build a team around Adam and make playing footy fun again. We were in a very similar situation under Elliot and abit under Hook. Ciraldo could easily go in there and turn thr club around as he is chilled and sees what panthers are doing by developing and keeping the juniors..Tigers have had alot of gun juniors and let them all go.
Tigers best players is Twal, Ofangohae, Brooks, Tuk Simpkins, Doueihi and Nofoaluma, the rest are fibro and sheila's.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I'd be real happy for him to take over in 2027.

Vicpanther

Juniors

wouldnt suprise me if he takes over in the next year or so and ivan takes of as footbal manager or whatever the position is called.

The_Frog

First Grade
Saw this, like the idea but the model is all wrong. They need to reward the club/s that developed a player, rather than the club they debut at. It wouldn't be hard to do if records are kept of each player's development record.

All the same, doing that would advantage true development clubs like us and disadvantage chequebook clubs who tend to already be struggling. The NRL want to make the comp more even, not less. So I guess nothing is what they'll do.

The_Frog

First Grade
The Tigers are a mess. Ciraldo is untested. If I was on the board I would push for Flanagan. He has experience, is a tough bugger and knows how to make a club successful. He would be a good fit for Sheens.
All that could have ben said of the coach they've got now.

That theory, idea what ever you want to call it, is the greatest amount of gobbly goop ever.

In reality isn't quite simple. You give each club who develops their own players, salary cap relief.

Whether it's a percentage or a physical number who cares. Clubs who spend big *like Penrith in developing juniors, should be rewarded for the money spent and the effort.
Its ironic that the Warriors have just signed a player developed by the Roosters.