What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
Thoughts on Angus Crichton?
is off contract soon? he looks like he is playing for his future.... miles better than the last 2-3 years where he was very average (i get there was some MH going on then)

if we are looking at Chooks 2nd rowers - i wouldnt be against a cheap contract for Tuponiua or Wong - i feel like they would be gettable in that squad.

that said - im happy for us to take a punt on someone in our NSW cup side - almost guaranteed to be cheaper than anyone else we bring in and know the system.

Iamback

Coach
It's why I mentioned Jayden Su'a a few pages/days ago, so much easier to get a backrower than a starting prop.... besides dragons want turuva badly, we want a starting forward, a swap deal could happen.... and IVAN LOVES HIS BACK ROWERS
aha ha ha ha tehhheeeee

he is 26.

for me 24-27 is the age bracket we want to get.

Gives as 2-3 good years with still 2 props in their peak before Moses declines

Girds89

Bench
Stefano pooked pretty average against us. Fainu looked so much better IMO.

But throw me on the Fifita bandwagon as priority #1.

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Sorensen
11. Martin
12. Fifita
13. Yeo

Pretty decent starting pack. Could move Martin instead of Sorensen.

I dont mind that at all.

Only change id make would be soro to the bench and either lindsay or henry start. Soro off the bench is a bit of impact.

Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Tito
Laurie/schnieder
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Henry
Fifita
Marto
Yeo

Cole (fill in the backs, lock, halfs and hooker at a pinch)
Smith
Soro
Geyer/riki

When soro retires or goes epl Patea comes in for the impact role.

I like cole on the bench think he covers a lot of spots. And i like laurie in the 6. I know he hasmt played in fg there for us but i thought the end of his time at the tiges in the 6 he was really really good in a shit team.. he plays more direct then luai too which i like. Doesn't have a long kicking game but his mid field and short kicking is good. Only issue i see is his defence. Luai is one of if not the best defensive 6 in the game. Not sure daine is capable of getting anywhere near that level so hed need to props add 2 or 3kgs of muscle.

I know the clubs plans is always to promote within. But i just think we need a big name signing. It hurts the fans seeing all our locals go year after year. I know we have the comps to be happy with and winning is everything. But losing a bloke like jfh hurts the club. Kids have grown up adoring him. Hes been at the club for a very long time and will go down as our best prop ever. Hopefully the club can pull something special out and get a big signing.

The fifita idea i like cause we were at our most dangerous in attack when kiks was at his best. When kiks was firing the team would fire. And know that dyls ball playing has evolved and the right edge can get it done as well, i think a big name 2nd rower would really fill out our side.

As others have said our props these days are mostly defensive workhorses with the back 5 doing the hard yards.

As long as we could get fifita to commit in d.. hed be a great signing. He wouldnt have to do the hard yards. Could save his energy for explosive efforts in attack..

Iamback

Coach
I dont mind that at all.

Only change id make would be soro to the bench and either lindsay or henry start. Soro off the bench is a bit of impact.

Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Tito
Laurie/schnieder
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Henry
Fifita
Marto
Yeo

Smith
Soro
Geyer/riki

I like cole on the bench think he covers a lot of spots. And i like laurie in the 6. I know he hasmt played in fg there for us but i thought the end of his time at the tiges in the 6 he was really really good in a shit team.. he plays more direct then luai too which i like. Doesn't have a long kicking game but his mid field and short kicking is good. Only issue i see is his defence. Luai is one of if not the best defensive 6 in the game. Not sure daine is capable of getting anywhere near that level so hed need to props add 2 or 3kgs of muscle.

I know the clubs plans is always to promote within. But i just think we need a big name signing. It hurts the fans seeing all our locals go year after year. I know we have the comps to be happy with and winning is everything. But losing a bloke like jfh hurts the club. Kids have grown up adoring him. Hes been at the club for a very long time and will go down as our best prop ever. Hopefully the club can pull something special out and get a big signing.

The fifita idea i like cause we were at our most dangerous in attack when kiks was at his best. When kiks was firing the team would fire. And know that dyls ball playing has evolved and the right edge can get it done as well, i think a big name 2nd rower would really fill out our side.

As others have said our props these days are mostly defensive workhorses with the back 5 doing the hard yards.

As long as we could get fifita to commit in d.. hed be a great signing. He wouldnt have to do the hard yards. Could save his energy for explosive efforts in attack..

That is why leg speed is more important as well as some experience. Need the line speed in defence which is our strength

NSW Cup is very young, While they are smashing teams the guys are more options for when Sorro goes in 2026

WestyLife

First Grade
I dont mind that at all.

Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Tito
Laurie/schnieder
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Henry
Fifita
Marto
Yeo

Smith
Soro
Geyer/riki

No real point of disagreement just to add they brought Schneider over because of his defence according to ivan/Nathan.

Fangs

Coach
Knights are praying for a repeat of last year.

Ponga misses Origin selection and is fit and ready for the second half of the season. I don't think lightning will strike twice.

is off contract soon? he looks like he is playing for his future.... miles better than the last 2-3 years where he was very average (i get there was some MH going on then)

if we are looking at Chooks 2nd rowers - i wouldnt be against a cheap contract for Tuponiua or Wong - i feel like they would be gettable in that squad.

that said - im happy for us to take a punt on someone in our NSW cup side - almost guaranteed to be cheaper than anyone else we bring in and know the system.

Crichton's contract at the Roosters expires at the end of this season. So he is free to negotiate. Been a lot of buzz since last year, because of his mental health issues, that he may go to union, but that was media talk. Crichton is only 28 so he still had some years left in him, physically.

Wong is not off contract until the end of 2026. Tupounia until the end of 2027.

This is what Zero Tackle (https://www.zerotackle.com/players/off-contract-2024/by-position-2024/) is showing as off contract at the end of this season in relation to forwards -

1713749197544.png

1713749219098.png

1713749237997.png

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Crichton's contract at the Roosters expires at the end of this season. So he is free to negotiate. Been a lot of buzz since last year, because of his mental health issues, that he may go to union, but that was media talk. Crichton is only 28 so he still had some years left in him, physically.

Wong is not off contract until the end of 2026. Tupounia until the end of 2027.

This is what Zero Tackle (https://www.zerotackle.com/players/off-contract-2024/by-position-2024/) is showing as off contract at the end of this season in relation to forwards -

View attachment 86946

View attachment 86947

View attachment 86948
I've always liked Nathan Brown. not sure if his age now. Sione Fainu would be for the future. Trey Mooney, Aaron Woods to replace Eisenhuth

MugaB

Coach
I've always liked Nathan Brown. not sure if his age now. Sione Fainu would be for the future. Trey Mooney, Aaron Woods to replace Eisenhuth
Aaron Woods???
GlumCraftyGarpike-max-1mb.gif
Sorry but you've lost my respect, we have a very tight 30 man squad, and we have kids that are climbing over each other to become a part of that squad, we can't keep them all, not all the good ones anyways, you want to waste a 1st grade spot on A-ARon Woods

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I dont mind that at all.

Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Tito
Laurie/schnieder
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Henry
Fifita
Marto
Yeo

Smith
Soro
Geyer/riki

We'd need a million to get David Fifita, not to mention he won't leave his brother behind, so there's another 300-400k ontop of that, it's a wet dream, just get kikau back if you want kikau, the dogs would love someone else in our squad if they could do a swap deal

Latest posts