What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
May is a top 5 winger in the comp and he'll be straight back there to start 2025. That's before we even look at the young blokes
We just resigned May for significantly more money, is he that much better than Turuva. Top 5 winger in the comp, maybe on 2022 form. He’s done nothing as yet this season unlike Turuva who has actually been very good.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Best of luck for Turuva. No hard feelings for mine; best of luck at the Tigers.

$425k a season doesn’t seem to be a huge contract; wonder how much we were offering him?

50k a season less apparently.

Rookie of the year last season.

I sure hope the club know what they’re doing by letting him go.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Yes but he is only a winger in our setup, That affects what you pay him

Well, get back to me when the McLean Brothers are a capable replacement for Turuva. Until then, the argument of “what you pay a winger in your set up” is kind of a moot point as that “winger” scored two tries for us last round.

Iamback

Coach
Well, get back to me when the McLean Brothers are a capable replacement for Turuva. Until then, the argument of “what you pay a winger in your set up” is kind of a moot point as that “winger” scored two tries for us last round.

How many FG games did Turuva play before he came into the side?

What about May the year before?

It isn't like this is the only case of needing a rookie to fill in a basic position in our setup

WestyLife

First Grade

You're thinking on emotion there's a salary cap remember. Edwards, Tago, To'o and May have all been extended in the backline with at least 2 of those being reasonable upgrades.

Pantherjim.

Referee
How many FG games did Turuva play before he came into the side?

What about May the year before?

It isn't like this is the only case of needing a rookie to fill in a basic position in our setup

And?

He was still NRL Rookie of the year last season, a great winger, a meter eater and a try scoring machine. Moreover, I feel just as safe with him under the high ball as I do Dyl or Bizza.

I’m deadset against Penrith paying overs for non-marquee players but Turuva is something special.

I guess time will tell if the club live to regret not stumping the extra 50k a season to keep him.

Munky

Coach
I like Turuva for his work from the back.

Despite his try count this year I still don't rate his scoring instincts.

Moving to the right has been beneficial since somehow it is our dominant attacking side and he is incapable of putting down the ball with his left hand.

We've started four grand finals with different wing combos which says it all really.

Latest posts