What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Bulldogs have cut ties with their QCup feeder club, I don't know Sydney clubs can do that, does Penrith have an affiliation with a QCup team?

We need something though. I'm all for plodders but the plod to impact ratio is currently well out of whack.

Paulo for 30 - 40 mins a game would be a huge improvement on what we have.
I’d say the only ‘plod’ in our top 17 is Smith. And I think he brings something with his size and work-rate (others have said he has good hands and o would like to see more of that). The rest of the top 17 has some impact; I think Henry brings great energy (admittedly less explosive that Spencer, but still all ‘arms and legs’ and less prone to a mistake) while Garner hits a lovely hole.

Huth is pure plod but is a great squad player who has never let us down.

Kilkenny

Coach
We need something though. I'm all for plodders but the plod to impact ratio is currently well out of whack.

Maybe a younger, cheaper version on the up and up.

I‘m confident we will identify one or two forwards to bring in for 2025. Should be interesting.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
I’d say the only ‘plod’ in our top 17 is Smith. And I think he brings something with his size and work-rate (others have said he has good hands and o would like to see more of that). The rest of the top 17 has some impact; I think Henry brings great energy (admittedly less explosive that Spencer, but still all ‘arms and legs’ and less prone to a mistake) while Garner hits a lovely hole.
🤭🤭🤭
I’m 12

age.s

First Grade
Well Turuva GONE. This young guy made a great debut on the weekend in a pressure position of Fullback and handled it very well and also got on the scoresheet. Handles the Wing just as well with good speed.
Confident this guy will be First grade material.
GET TO IT PANTHERS. Sign this guy now. Available for 2025 and beyond. These are the value signings we need with huge upside if coached the Panther's way.
He was outstanding on the weekend. Will make another club very happy but not sure if its us.

Iamback

Coach

Huth is pure plod but is a great squad player who has never let us down.

If Garner isn't getting put into lines to run though?

murraymob

Coach
I am pretty sure most clubs had links to qld cup teams.The NSWRL then demanded all Sydney club cut links or there junior rep teams would not be able to enter the junior teams

MugaB

Coach

Drinking the pawwa cooling are we?, a younger fitter jnr from like 5 years ago, yes, the current one not so much

Big Mick

Referee
Out of players off contract next year - assuming we don't spend this year - I'd be looking hard at:
- Spencer to return
- Xavier Willison - IMO he will be a star and I think opportunity is there to sign him or Te Kura as they'll be commanding good money and Haas wont leave. One IMO will have to be squeezed out. I'd be fine with either.
- Davvy Moale - I think we can convert him to a Spencer role off the bench - has similar style
- Ethan Bullemor - I've wanted him for a long time. Put him in the middle and let him work
- J'maine Hopgood - Doubt he'd return when he's starting in 13.

Out of players off contract next year - assuming we don't spend this year - I'd be looking hard at:
- Spencer to return
- Xavier Willison - IMO he will be a star and I think opportunity is there to sign him or Te Kura as they'll be commanding good money and Haas wont leave. One IMO will have to be squeezed out. I'd be fine with either.
- Davvy Moale - I think we can convert him to a Spencer role off the bench - has similar style
- Ethan Bullemor - I've wanted him for a long time. Put him in the middle and let him work
- J'maine Hopgood - Doubt he'd return when he's starting in 13.

I’m with you on Willison. He definitely looks the goods.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m with you on Willison. He definitely looks the goods.
Small sample size, he is certainly big, huge, I’m not sure of his motor or lateral defence haven’t seen enough of him to comment. If he is the real deal, the Broncos are in the best position to judge and if he is they will lock him up. He is highly unlikely to be a Panther.

maple_69

Bench
The Broncos have the task of re-signing Staggs, Walsh, maybe Reynolds (or replace him somehow), Willison, Hetherington & Cobbo who are all off contract at the end of 2025. Even accounting for Reynolds retiring, they presumably will want to keep their Ferrari backline somewhat intact which means monster money for Cobbo, Staggs and Walsh. They also probably want to keep Mozer and given we’ll be staring down the barrel of a post Cook/Api world, clubs are likely to throw big money at a boom rookie hooker like him.

If we don’t want or just get outbidded on the big name options for a genuine pack leader, I quite like the option of Kobe Hetherington as a good value option. I think he’d fit right into our pack, not as a Leniu style guy, maybe closer to a Sorenson. He’s tight defensively, mobile, can go long if needed but seems a team player doing his job off the bench and just picking up the tempo, bringing fast play the balls. Should come with plenty of big game experience as well.

Big Mick

Referee
Small sample size, he is certainly big, huge, I’m not sure of his motor or lateral defence haven’t seen enough of him to comment. If he is the real deal, the Broncos are in the best position to judge and if he is they will lock him up. He is highly unlikely to be a Panther.
They have Carrigan and Haas already on big money.

Their backrowers are coming up.

Just re-signed Walters and then have Mozer on the way who has Harry Grant 2.0 written all over him - they'll need to retain him.

On top of Walsh, Mam, Staggs, Cobbo etc - they will need to make some calls on these guys on who is priority to keep - same as we have. They can't just keep them all imo.

IMO one of Te Kura or Willison is there for the taking - unless the Broncos decide to move on from Haas.

I'd be going for either - IMO both are future stars. Exceptional athletes who are young and hungry to win.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The Broncos have the task of re-signing Staggs, Walsh, maybe Reynolds (or replace him somehow), Willison, Hetherington & Cobbo who are all off contract at the end of 2025. Even accounting for Reynolds retiring, they presumably will want to keep their Ferrari backline somewhat intact which means monster money for Cobbo, Staggs and Walsh. They also probably want to keep Mozer and given we’ll be staring down the barrel of a post Cook/Api world, clubs are likely to throw big money at a boom rookie hooker like him.

If we don’t want or just get outbidded on the big name options for a genuine pack leader, I quite like the option of Kobe Hetherington as a good value option. I think he’d fit right into our pack, not as a Leniu style guy, maybe closer to a Sorenson. He’s tight defensively, mobile, can go long if needed but seems a team player doing his job off the bench and just picking up the tempo, bringing fast play the balls. Should come with plenty of big game experience as well.
If they are smart they don't throw too much at Staggs

Latest posts