What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll be pretty stoked if we land Fafita.
Leota
Kenny
Martin
Fafita
Garner
Yeo

You could make an argument that is an upgrade on this year, certainly no worse and gives us a bit of evolution which is needed.

Worse case scenario is we don't land him but force his price up leaving less is the bank for whoever gets him to raid any of our other players.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If any supporter says no to getting probably the best backrower in the game they've got rocks in their mellons. Not very often a game changer/ origin starting backrower becomes available.

Give me 2 players that'll be available for 2025 that are better? I'll wait.
1000% This club will continue to be a force of we can signed him. My hopes are very high and all I wanna see is him sign the dotted line.

Frankus

Juniors
Someone out of him

Sorro
Martin would have to be middle
Yeah I agree. Just for the added size in the middle Fifita would be amazing. I’ve always thought he would be better suited to the middle of the field, his footwork, strength and speed for a big man is very good. And he seems to have a fairly decent engine. He can still do damage from there, just like Haas does.
Time will tell whether we even sign him or not.

age.s

First Grade
I know he’s a backrower but the size of him, would we be looking to play him in the middle? I mean he’s like 6ft3 and 120kg…
Nah get him running lines outside whoever ends up in the 6. Force the defence to commit to him and swing it out the back to May or go short to him if a defender's isolated. We were so good at exploiting the extra attention Kikau forced defenders to devote to him, we could do the exact same thing with Fifita and give our red zone attack the extra punch it needs.

WestyLife

First Grade
I know he’s a backrower but the size of him, would we be looking to play him in the middle? I mean he’s like 6ft3 and 120kg…

Since he's meeting ivan I'd say the discussions would be how he wants to play and how ivan would use him and if both parties are happy.

Another option would be:

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Smith
11. Martin
12. Fifita
13. Yeoweh

14. Whoever
15. Sorensen
16. Henry
17. Garner

Thats a disgusting starting pack, with plenty of options off the bench. Would be the best overall pack in the comp hands down.
That looks like a better pack in dynamics. Anyone know what’s doing with Garner? Contract ends this year.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah I agree. Just for the added size in the middle Fifita would be amazing. I’ve always thought he would be better suited to the middle of the field, his footwork, strength and speed for a big man is very good. And he seems to have a fairly decent engine. He can still do damage from there, just like Haas does.
Time will tell whether we even sign him or not.

The issue with him has been getting him involved. Fish is able to ball play in our system provided Fifita is allowed some freedom he'd be a star in the middle for us

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Nah get him running lines outside whoever ends up in the 6. Force the defence to commit to him and swing it out the back to May or go short to him if a defender's isolated. We were so good at exploiting the extra attention Kikau forced defenders to devote to him, we could do the exact same thing with Fifita and give our red zone attack the extra punch it needs.
He's a right side player so he'd be with Nath

Pantherjim.

Referee
If any supporter says no to getting probably the best backrower in the game they've got rocks in their mellons. Not very often a game changer/ origin starting backrower becomes available.

Give me 2 players that'll be available for 2025 that are better? I'll wait.

I know Fifita is a great 2nd Rower, but how about Props, are we going into the market for one of those as well? Fish won’t be here next year which kinda necessitates prioritising a replacement.

betcats

Referee

Get him rock hard fit and he can play and dominate anywhere in the pack in our system but I’d put him on the edge. Maybe move Martin or potentially leave Lindsay starting pit sorro on the bench playing middle again. Eitherway we have options to cover the middle if Dave’s on an edge

GongPanther

Referee
People on the interweb are complaining that its not fair that the Penrith club are poaching other club's players.
All I can say is that one has to measure up the players we have lost over the past 4 years, and to put our position in a further context, the last marquee player we signed was James Maloney way back in 2018.

The loss of JFH has freed up the funds. IMO, I don't think he will come, as it seems apparent that the Panthers wont offer him a million dollar deal.

But, on the other side of the coin, he has a chance of winning a few premierships with us. He has to weigh up what is going to be paramount in his footballing career.

Also, it will benefit the Qld SOO side after a few months of being coached by Cleary and his assistants and playing in a team of champions.

Regardless in what happens with the Fifita talks, there will be a solid plan B.

Latest posts