What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
Interesting comments by Billy Slater on his podcast. Says we would get the best out of Fifita and more or less says he should come here. Over other clubs.

Kinda funny since Billy is his QLD coach.

That seems to be the majority opinion if he wants to get the best out of himself as a player come here.

hindy111

Post Whore
They have weak side now and a weaker side next year. Their 1 - 7 is going to be horrendous.

I'd wait untill the squads released.Theybhave money.
Dom Young and they signed a rugby winger didn't hey? That's two spots filled.
Teddy is on the slide but he'd still be in the top 10 fullbacks. B.Smith isn't terrible so one gun centre and a 5/8 and the backline looks decent.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Does anyone know the exact clause in his contract??

Does he have to sign with someone by Thursday and if he doesn't, then has to stay with the GC for 2 more years?

Could this drag on like Moses when his lapsed?? Just wanting to know if it definitely has to be settled by Thursday or if it can drag on with them playing clubs off against one another.

WestyLife

First Grade

Does he have to sign with someone by Thursday and if he doesn't, then has to stay with the GC for 2 more years?

Could this drag on like Moses when his lapsed?? Just wanting to know if it definitely has to be settled by Thursday or if it can drag on with them playing clubs off against one another.

If he doesn't take up his option by Thursday kick off he's a free agent.

I'd wait untill the squads released.Theybhave money.
Dom Young and they signed a rugby winger didn't hey? That's two spots filled.
Teddy is on the slide but he'd still be in the top 10 fullbacks. B.Smith isn't terrible so one gun centre and a 5/8 and the backline looks decent.
They need a 6, 7 two centres at the bare minimum.

kinghippo

Juniors

I don’t know for sure, but I think he just has to trigger the clause by confirming he is leaving.

We won’t be getting into a prolonged signature battle.

Having made it clear we are in the market we will getting swamped with managers trying to sell their players to us.

Pantherjim.

Referee
If he wants success Penrith or Roosters.
Penrith is the safer bet but Rooster will never have a weak side either.

As soon as the Roosters entered the race for Fifita’s sig, my hopes of us signing him plummeted. You can bet your arse that Uncle Nick will stop at nothing to get him in a chooks jersey including brown paper bag deals under the table,

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Isn't Fifita's missus from Penrith and signed with the dogs NRLW Team?

Makes sense, setup house in Penrith and commute to Belmore for Shaylee.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
As soon as the Roosters entered the race for Fifita’s sig, my hopes of us signing him plummeted. You can bet your arse that Uncle Nick will stop at nothing to get him in a chooks jersey including brown paper bag deals under the table,
I don't get why everyone fears the Roosters. They are on the slide and have been for a few years. Next year they are bottom of the 8 at best, with or without Fafita. They have the cash, but they are headed back to transit lounge, not destination anymore.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If he wants success Penrith or Roosters.
Penrith is the safer bet but Rooster will never have a weak side either.
I like you, but this comment makes you sound you work for the media. There isn't many players in that side I rate. Keary and Walker are terrible halves partners. One of them needs a big body

Pantherjim.

Referee
I don't get why everyone fears the Roosters. They are on the slide and have been for a few years. Next year they are bottom of the 8 at best, with or without Fafita. They have the cash, but they are headed back to transit lounge, not destination anymore.

I don’t fear their capability of premiership success any longer, but I’m still not overly optimistic of our chances in going up against the chooks to sign a marquee player.

Still, I hope I’m wrong.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don’t fear their capability of premiership success any longer, but I’m still not overly optimistic of our chances in going up against the chooks to sign a marquee player.

Still, I hope I’m wrong.
If a player seriously wants a change to win a comp I think it's a no contest and we get him. If it's more about the cash and success is measured in being in or around finals every year then we are in a fight for sure.

Latest posts