What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

Coach
I
If I came here to gloat I would have been on here yesterday afternoon trolling like that Tigers and ryhno idiot. I don't roll like that.
I have a foot in both clubs.

All my posts offer insights. You are free to listen to them, or disagree, or keep scrolling. .I am happy to converse with most. I don't really care what you think about my club. I listen to the people I trust and respect. You are not one of them.

I will do both us a favour and pop you on mute.
I enjoy your input
If I came here to gloat I would have been on here yesterday afternoon trolling like that Tigers and ryhno idiot. I don't roll like that.

All my posts offer insights. You are free to listen to them, or disagree, or keep scrolling. .I am happy to converse with most. I don't really care what you think about my club. I listen to the people I trust and respect. You are not one of them.

I enjoy your input keep posting

MugaB

Coach

Yeah good stuff, while you mute me, I just go and call the "who gives a shit" self help hotline

MugaB

Coach
Taking the news well bro i see...
I just love giving it to the Bondi fkwitz...
I have said previously we were making a bad choice trying to get David fafita to the club, everyone was on board coz of his steam rolling attack, but he ain't the gaping hole in defence, there are better cheaper and more hard working players that would easily fit our system than him

MugaB

Coach
Take a breath champ lol ... Aint all that bad.. go watch a GF replay.
I think you gotta me pegged all wrong buddy, I aint upset we lost him, just don't think other posters spouting the gospel of St.Rooster BS is worth stomaching here, if you guys want to read and eat the Holbrook got him over line speech, fair enough, I know they got to the Mrs, besides he went for unders, not same, unders that's a slap in the face coz we are all, nothin but a bunch of lower class westies

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
He was signed to be a bench forward not to replace an elite top 3 prop. Happy to replace Garner with him but the salary's won't line up
Sua is orders of magnitude better than Garner as a player. We wouldn't throw Fifita money at him, but you'd think we'd have enough for him and a promising youngster/journeyman type to fill the gap for 2025.

Hooked

Juniors
Su'a is a Bennet man. Debuted under Bennett, eventually followed Bennett to Souffs.
If he is leaving the Dragons. He is a good chance to go back to Souffs under the Bennett rebuild.

The Realist

Juniors
That's all well and good but the Roosters aren't a very good side atm. I can't see a premiership in the next 3 years at least

I disagree with that Roosters assessment. Yes, they have been underwhelming during the Panthers reign - particularly last year but they are building very nicely.

If they keep Angus they will have the best 2nd row combination bar none. Angus Crighton in the form he was in the other week is like Marto on steroids but without the odd *derp* error.

Sam Walker is the most talented halfback in the comp. He will only get better with experience and as his body matures he'll become a better defender and less injury prone.

Connor Watson is probably the best 14 in the competition and whilst Dom Young has been very patchy so far this year, he is elite.

The only question for the Roosters is 5/8 (same with us though) and the centres. I think they will go with some solid defensive centres on modest coin. With Teddy at the back (past his best but still excellent) Brandon Smith getting better at being a full time #9, and some excellent props and Roosters have all the ingredients to get back at the top.

Timing is on their side as well with 2025+ Panthers looking to be a shadow of their former selves.

Iamback

Coach
Sua is orders of magnitude better than Garner as a player. We wouldn't throw Fifita money at him, but you'd think we'd have enough for him and a promising youngster/journeyman type to fill the gap for 2025.

He is magnitude better

But is he 2 x as good? No way you are getting him for under $600k.

Word is Garner was shopping himself around for $300k

Garner is only 12 months older and knows our system.

For me if you go for that stop gap then it has to be someone cheap that starts without causing distruption.

So for me and older middle as a straight swap for JFH or you go younger to get someone coming into their peak who you can inbed into our system

mxlegend99

Referee
With Teddy a year older, losing Manu, Suaalii, Tupou (most likely), Keary and JWH. The Roosters window is now. Walker isnt a good enough player to carry an ageing Teddy, a limited Brandon Smith and a rookie 6.

Adding Fifita gives them a beast second row. They have a decent front row still. But the spine is going to be a huge step down from this year as will the backline.

They will no doubt hit the market massively. But if a 2 year deal to Gagai was the solution to the centres. Might be slim pickings to get anywhere close to what they currently have. I think theres a lot of reason to doubt them for next year on what they currently have available.

But they will probably sign a few more rep players snd have Manu return early to give them a beast side. Though the spine will suck still.

Munky

Coach
I've yet to see anything from Walker to suggest he can game manage during a grinding slogfest.

He's a highlight reel within the attacking twenty metre but doesn't have the patience to earn the territory.

His shoulders are made of glass as well.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Summed up perfectly. Having lived in Paddington, Surry Hills and Penrith I feel qualified to comment on the "bright lights, big city" viewpoint. The Eastern Suburbs is a wonderful place to live if you can afford it and are of a certain age and don't have kids. You want nights out, access to night clubs, restaurants, cafes, live entertainment, its all on your doorstep. Not that many people with young kids though and that is where Penrith is good and getting better. It is a wonderful place to bring up kids, more space, less traffic, bigger houses and gardens and plenty of other families with kids to mingle with. The facilities at Penrith will only improve as the economic benefits of Badgery's Creek take hold.

Fafita has no children and won't be having any for a while with a missus who is also a professional sportswoman. The Eastern Suburbs would be perfect for him. Lifestyle is important and he will get it in spades at the Roosters. Hopefully, sporting success, not so much.

Hit the nail on the head unfortunately.

A young Professional couple without kids is always going to sign up for a trendy Eastern Suburbs lifestyle in preference for life out in the burbs with a 50+ minute commute to enjoy that very lifestyle.

I grew up in the Riff for the vast majority of my childhood, loved it and will always consider myself a Penrith boy, but when I first met my Wife, she lived in Randwick at the time and the vast majority of our dating before we were married was spent in her neck of the woods thanks to all the attractive amenities there.

That’s how I knew once Uncle Nick was involved in the race, our chances were pretty much scuppered and precisely why we have problems attracting young marquee players when the Roosters are involved in the contract race.

We rely on our junior development program and also buying the occasional unwanted player from a rival club cheaply and turning them into something that rival club eventually regrets letting go in the first place. For that reason, I’m 100% with Ivan on the subject of being compensated for junior talent we lose to rival clubs thanks to salary cap constraints.

Latest posts