What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider Lyon as a eels junior as they signed him young and developed him into an NRL player.

Just like I consider the Stewart brothers as Manly juniors ( they did all the development work) and not a Dragon/steeler juniors even though they grew up and played junior footy in the gong.

I know the Eels had a lot to do with his development. I never disputed that and I can understand where you are coming from. At least you were willing to explain your position from apposition of rationality and civility. Cheers. :D

ek999

First Grade
You mean like when Foran was playing grand finals before dce came to grade?

No he wasn't. He debuted in 2009 where Manly finished 5th, were knocked out in the first week of the finals and it was a Melbourne v Parra grand final. In 2010 they finished 8th, again knocked out in the first week of the finals and it was a Dragons v Roosters grand final. In 2011 when they won the comp was the same year DCE debuted

Nice Beaver

First Grade
And why wouldnt he stay? We would still have money for him and are building a good squad. I'm sure players will want to be part of that. Oh right only players can want to be at manly

No, no - you're 100% right.

He doesn't have priorities outside football and yes, you are building the team that will bring 2 premierships in the next 5 years......:lol:

My comment has nothing to do with Manly. Paranoid much?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Question for Manly fans: would you feel better in a way if the club just told them both to walk? I know they'd be massive losses and the team would need to rebuild but how many more clubs do they need to visit before the fans start questioning their support of them?

Good question.

I think DCE has whored himself around enough in the past fortnight and disrupted things too far. If I was Kelly I'd say to him "you have until 5pm Monday morning to sign or the offer is withdrawn".

Call his and that maggot agent's bluff.

Foran to me is a different proposition. He has kept his head down and maintained some level of integrity through all of this.

Foran is the player we need to keep. I have changed my mind on which one I'd like to keep. I think this past fortnight has started to show the true value of each player (on and off the field).

Of course every player is looking after themselves, and rightly so. There are just ways to go about these things. It seems that DCE thinks little of team harmony in his drive for gold.

Besides articles in newspapers with no quotes or evidence, Foran has not been whoring himself around (well at least not publicly). Manly has always been a "keep it in house" establishment. DCE is not that type of person.

natheel

Coach
When you can say something other than insults or slogans, you can put on your big boy pants. :lol:

mate you pointed out he wasn't an eels junior because he's from Wee Waa but all these manly fans saying Foran and DCE are Manly juniors under your rule would technically mean they too are not Manly juniors

Foran NZ and Asquith (Nth Sydney)
DCE QLD

That was my point but you were happy to fly over that and instead try push your point. I couldn't care less if Lyon played with Wee Waa in the end he is another manly player that was at the eels and that certain Manly fan crying over eels poaching their players was shown Manly do the same.

Y2Eel

First Grade
mate you pointed out he wasn't an eels junior because he's from Wee Waa but all these manly fans saying Foran and DCE are Manly juniors under your rule would technically mean they too are not Manly juniors

Foran NZ and Asquith (Nth Sydney)
DCE QLD

That was my point but you were happy to fly over that and instead try push your point. I couldn't care less if Lyon played with Wee Waa in the end he is another manly player that was at the eels and that certain Manly fan crying over eels poaching their players was shown Manly do the same.

Oh dont forget that Lyon want actually recruited by Cleal...

natheel

Coach
No, no - you're 100% right.

He doesn't have priorities outside football and yes, you are building the team that will bring 2 premierships in the next 5 years......:lol:

My comment has nothing to do with Manly. Paranoid much?

Not at all, i think he will stay. He has the fullback role as his own now. Many reasons as to why he will stay at Parra. Other than living on the beaches (family) i don't know what other priorities outside of football he would have that would make him leave Eels and a decent pay

Y2Eel

First Grade
I would rather DCE and Foran stayed at Manly and we were able to develop our own halves..

Noname36

First Grade
Good question.

I think DCE has whored himself around enough in the past fortnight and disrupted things too far. If I was Kelly I'd say to him "you have until 5pm Monday morning to sign or the offer is withdrawn".

Call his and that maggot agent's bluff.

Foran to me is a different proposition. He has kept his head down and maintained some level of integrity through all of this.

Foran is the player we need to keep. I have changed my mind on which one I'd like to keep. I think this past fortnight has started to show the true value of each player (on and off the field).

Of course every player is looking after themselves, and rightly so. There are just ways to go about these things. It seems that DCE thinks little of team harmony in his drive for gold.

Besides articles in newspapers with no quotes or evidence, Foran has not been whoring himself around (well at least not publicly). Manly has always been a "keep it in house" establishment. DCE is not that type of person.

That's the thing that's making me think DCE will end up leaving Manly. I just can't see how he honestly thinks he can just go back and play with the blokes in that side after the way he's been whoring himself around town and making a mockery of the club. Then again he's never seemed popular with his teammates so maybe he just doesn't care. I suppose not being liked would be a lot easier to live with when you have millions of dollars as a consolation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Not at all, i think he will stay. He has the fullback role as his own now. Many reasons as to why he will stay at Parra. Other than living on the beaches (family) i don't know what other priorities outside of football he would have that would make him leave Eels and a decent pay

OK.

Watch this space.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
That's the thing that's making me think DCE will end up leaving Manly. I just can't see how he honestly thinks he can just go back and play with the blokes in that side after the way he's been whoring himself around town and making a mockery of the club. Then again he's never seemed popular with his teammates so maybe he just doesn't care. I suppose not being liked would be a lot easier to live with when you have millions of dollars as a consolation.

And there's more talk this morning that the Titans are UPPING their offer and have said he can have a say in player recruitment.

Tail wagging the dog much up there?

:crazy::crazy:

Have the prick.

POPEYE

Coach
If a player goes for money on the table he's a whore, stays for money under it a cheat, has to go because he's not wanted a bum, stays for loyalty not allowed to be rewarded as he should . . . any wonder players don't give a f**k what anyone other than their peers say as they shake hands after a game

Status
Not open for further replies.