What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm shithouse at trivia. Too many questions about Kardashians, Beiber and shit modern TV shows and films. Basically a whole a bunch of stuff that I do my best to try and avoid. I'm good at the drinking beer part though.

84 Baby

Referee
Best trivia team name of all time - "This table smells like arse". I don't remember them doing too well.
Was at one at El Rancho, the question master kept referring to one table as "don't say no". Wasn't until one of the last rounds when he accidentally let it slip and called the table "dead girls"

Noise

Coach
Was at one at El Rancho, the question master kept referring to one table as "don't say no". Wasn't until one of the last rounds when he accidentally let it slip and called the table "dead girls"

haha That's a great name!

ParraUnagi

Juniors
"Quizz in ur Mouth"
Awarded 50 Cool Points for an awesome name. But immediately deducted 1235 Cool Points because it was my sister' team.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The issue of just who will guide the team around next season is not isolated to Red Hill however, with the Dragons, Eels and Storm also unclear about key playmaking posts.

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is looking to move on highly paid halfback Chris Sandow, who is on the outer with the new boss.

Sandow returned to pre-season training in horrendous condition.

"It's obvious he has come back overweight but he is actually looking pretty sharp now," Eels centre Willie Tonga said.
http://www.news.com.au/national/broncos-stumble-in-hunt-for-playmaker/story-e6frfkp9-1226783587378

Gronk

Staff member
Any merkin who was on $500k and came back from a break fat would not get my respect either. If you get paid that coin, you have a duty to look after your mind and body 24/7.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Any merkin who was on $500k and came back from a break fat would not get my respect either. If you get paid that coin, you have a duty to look after your mind and body 24/7.

I have no issue with him coming back fat/not in the best shape, that is what the pre - season is for. The issue is his attitude and his playing performances.

Gronk

Staff member
I have no issue with him coming back fat/not in the best shape, that is what the pre - season is for. The issue is his attitude and his playing performances.

Nah bullshit. He's a professional athlete. If you want to earn a living from your body then you need to look after yourself. No excuses for mine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only athletes who need to stay fit year round are the ones who compete year round.

When the Eels players came back for training they had three months until the start of season 2014. That's plenty of time to get fit. Will Hopoate has to put on about 5kg of muscle in that time. Sandow will have no problems getting fit - he was our best player in early rounds this year, so he must have started the year in decent shape.

I don't even care if he's fat during the season, so long as he's scoring and setting up a shit load of tries. When he starts playing like crap though, he'd better be a fit, skinny bastard.

born an eel

Bench

Nah bullshit. He's a professional athlete. If you want to earn a living from your body then you need to look after yourself. No excuses for mine.
and if he injured himself doing unsupervised training you would be dirty on him for that.

The off-season is to rest your body and get ride off the niggles which develop through a tough season, peoples body react differently when they are not doing their full training.

It is now up to him and the trainers to have him ready by the start of the season.

Gronk

Staff member
and if he injured himself doing unsupervised training you would be dirty on him for that.

The off-season is to rest your body and get ride off the niggles which develop through a tough season, peoples body react differently when they are not doing their full training.

It is now up to him and the trainers to have him ready by the start of the season.

I never said that a player should not rest his body. Sandow did not play this year hardly and he was not physically injured.

If he takes his job seriously, he should watch what he eats and keep fit. I am sure that the Eels staff could advise a player like him how to maintain goal weight without putting his body at risk.

Instead he gets fat and you merkins defend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.