What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Last year Mitch Moses had agreed to a contract with the Roosters for 2017 and beyond but during the 10 day cooling off period back-flipped. It's rumoured that after shaking hands and signing the contract Isaac Moses went back to the Tigers and used it as a bargaining chip to get Mitch Moses more money.

Ah righto. Cheers.

Uncle Nick don't like to be the one on the receiving end, that's for sure!

Ah righto. Cheers.

Uncle Nick don't like to be the one on the receiving end, that's for sure!

To someone like Nick Politis, that kind of action is anathema. Ryan Cross wound up leaving the Roosters cause after he shook hands on a new deal with Politis, he and his manager were then seen negotiating with the NSWRU. Politis called Cross in, told him what had been seen, Cross confirmed it, so Politis told him he would not be re-signed and he was out of the club at the end of that season. Despite what people say about him, Politis is very much a "you shake hands and give your word you live up to it" type both in terms of what he does and what he expects of others.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
To someone like Nick Politis, that kind of action is anathema. Ryan Cross wound up leaving the Roosters cause after he shook hands on a new deal with Politis, he and his manager were then seen negotiating with the NSWRU. Politis called Cross in, told him what had been seen, Cross confirmed it, so Politis told him he would not be re-signed and he was out of the club at the end of that season. Despite what people say about him, Politis is very much a "you shake hands and give your word you live up to it" type both in terms of what he does and what he expects of others.

Was it not the Roosters that changed their mind on signing Hayne a year ago though?

I'm obviously not privy to exactly what went on there, but Hayne was often seen in Politis' company and was driving around one of his cars I believe?

From the outside it seemed the Roosters went cold on the idea, ie. Politis.

As I said, no idea of the ins and outs of what went down, just seemed that Politis changed his mind there.

Was it not the Roosters that changed their mind on signing Hayne a year ago though?

I'm obviously not privy to exactly what went on there, but Hayne was often seen in Politis' company and was driving around one of his cars I believe?

From the outside it seemed the Roosters went cold on the idea, ie. Politis.

As I said, no idea of the ins and outs of what went down, just seemed that Politis changed his mind there.

I don't know if Hayne was definitely in the clubs plans or not. However, if Politis had given a handshake agreement to sign him, he would have stuck by it. There are plenty of people who will vouch that is the kind of person he is, people like Gould, Brian Canavan, Bernie Gurr to name a few. It was that type of deal which landed SBW at the Roosters, with SBW publicly saying as much.

davi

Juniors
Rumor is the Broncos are going to make a big play at Nathan Cleary according to Triple MMM

soc123_au

Staff member
Rumor is the Broncos are going to make a big play at Nathan Cleary according to Triple MMM
He is locked up until the end of 2019 iirc. I imagine a lot of clubs will be expressing interest when the time comes.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Speaking of the Gold coast... Ash Taylor won't say no to a life time deal with the Titans.. Guess that ship has sailed Broncos

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Man I hope that all these young gun halves tell the Bronco's to get stuffed.

Of course, these are rumours and nothing else at this stage, but there would be little doubt they would be sniffing around trying to get someone to break a contract.

Whino

Bench

Brisbane can piss off. Cleary is locked up, happy and going nowhere.
If Brisbane are after a halfback for next year maybe they should give Chris Sandow a call.

Iafeta

Referee
Wayne Bennett is the Ted DiBiase of the NRL. Every man has a price (cough, third party agreement)