What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Ok it is Phil Rothfield but supposedly Woods and Foran both signed already by the Bulldogs with Tedesco signed by the Roosters (only after a late bid, he was also going to sign with the Bulldogs). This stacks up with what was said earlier. The Bulldogs will be favourites to sign Cronk if he plays on, though some other clubs will be in the mix for sure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...&utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_medium=Twitter

Triple signings rock the NRL, as Bulldogs get double hit and Roosters get their man
Phil Rothfield, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
32 minutes ago
CANTERBURY have landed two massive blows, the Roosters have got their No. 1 target and the Wests Tigers have been gutted as the NRL player market kicks into overdrive.

James Tedesco and Aaron Woods are leaving the Tigers with the fullback joining the Roosters and the prop linking with the Bulldogs, who have also snapped up Kieran Foran from the Warriors after just missing out on snaring Tedesco.

The Bulldogs will announce their signings next week.

Tedesco was all but “over the line” at the Bulldogs before the Roosters stepped in to trump their offer, ending weeks of the most frantic contract negotiations.

The Wests Tigers were still unaware of the latest developments, giving Tedesco and Woods a deadline of Friday afternoon to reveal decisions they have in fact already made.

It’s understood Woods and Tedesco have already informed some Tigers teammates of their decision to leave the club.
The signing of three of the NRL’s biggest names has massive ramifications for the Bulldogs, the Newcastle Knights, the Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra.

Foran rejected the Storm and the Newcastle Knights for the same reason — to be closer to his young children on Sydney’s northern beaches.

The game’s next big signing blitz will now involve the unwanted Bulldogs stars.

The Roosters too will almost certainly have to offload players to get Tedesco on board in a $1 million plus contract.

If Cooper Cronk doesn't retire he won't be playing at the Bulldogs.

If that happens then we definitely know there is rotting going on at the Bulldogs again.

macavity

Referee
D.Tupou
J.Manu
SKD
M.Pearce
J.Friend
I.Liu
B.Cordner
M.Aubusson
K.Evans
L.Mitchel
D.Napa
C.Watson

Please, remind me which NRL club these guys played for before the Roosters.

Good luck with that.

Erm, you threw massive money at Cordner to get him from the Knights Harold Matts team.

Also a few queenslanders and kiwis in that mob.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Vic Mackey

Referee
D.Tupou - parra juniour
J.Manu
SKD - kiwi
M.Pearce - bears juniour
J.Friend - qld
I.Liu - nz/Tigers juniour
B.Cordner - Knights juniour
M.Aubusson
K.Evans - Balmain juniour
L.Mitchel
D.Napa - qld
C.Watson - central coast

Only a roosters fan would think a junior is someone who came to the club at 20

Pedge1971

First Grade
Evans may be released right away, he has signed with Parramatta for 3 years. Kodi Nikorima is being shopped around.. There is an absolute clean out taking place.

Gee that will be good for their 2017 campaign. In the top 4 and gutting their squad. FMD the nrl is rigged.

Who said anything about juniors? Don't go shifting the posts on me.

If you supported a club that actually developed their own players, you might get it

D.Tupou
J.Manu
SKD
M.Pearce
J.Friend
I.Liu
B.Cordner
M.Aubusson
K.Evans
L.Mitchel
D.Napa
C.Watson

ALL developed by the Roosters.

Really bemusing that you people are having a go at a proffessional sports organisation scouting and signing players. Maybe if your club was better at doing that you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

In saying that, I do feel for Tigers fans.

4 'star' players off contract at once, very very poor show from the front office. Somebody should be sacked.