What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Barkley

Bench
Mbye was great on for the dogs only a year or so ago and I'm not so convinced he's the problethere even now. I'm confident coach Green could get the best out of him again.

Unfortunately we are not using Mbye properly, he is a good 5/8 or utility. He is not a half that can steer a team around the park.

Pedge1971

First Grade
A Toys'R'Us TPA sealed the deal.

Plus Wayne threw in a kicking tee. Told him he didn't have to cough up the $$$$ to replace it if it was ever misplaced.

You're playing with fire mate. There were Broncos fans here last night telling people to eat dicks for the audacity to be critical.

Tiger5150

Bench
i've heard te maire martin back to the tigers

THIS I would be verty happy about. IMO Tigers should avoid the "marquee" signings and definitely away from a Josh Reynolds purchase. They need a TMM or Conor Watson, that level as well as some strong mid level forwards.

davi

Juniors
Anthony Milford trying to bleed the Broncos for all he can? I doubt Milford will leave the Broncos, but if this is true then it really shows his shallow declaration of only wanting to play for the Broncos. If I were other clubs including the (Knights and the Tigers) I'd be very weary about being used in attempt to jack up his price from his manager.

Please note alot of the stories being floated around have been declared BS from the Warriors CEO. So don't take this report as gospel either considering there are no sources.

"Milford still in the mix

We wrote several weeks ago that Anthony Milford wasn't a done deal at Brisbane. We've since heard his agent has offered the off-contract playmaker to rival clubs.

The Broncos are still favourites to retain him, where he would strike up an unlikely halves pairing with Jack Bird, but don't be surprised to see Sydney teams come into the mix. The cashed-up Tigers are now on the lookout for a fullback and a five-eighth – and Milford can play both positions.

The Broncos, meanwhile, are keen to bring Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor back to the club when he becomes a free agent. Watch this space."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ling-out-with-neil-henry-20170422-gvq6fc.html

nick87

Coach
"I'd be very weary about being used in attempt to jack up his price from his manager."

Good. I hope the knights and tigers do exactly that. It'd be nice to see a bronco on the books for market value for once

davi

Juniors
"I'd be very weary about being used in attempt to jack up his price from his manager."

Good. I hope the knights and tigers do exactly that. It'd be nice to see a bronco on the books for market value for once

Yeah its really benefited the Knights. No signings.

Anyway despite you're anger and resentment, I doubt the Broncos are going to blink considering they have other players on the team they need to sign as well.

nick87

Coach
Yeah its really benefited the Knights. No signings.

Anyway despite you're anger and resentment, I doubt the Broncos are going to blink considering they have other players on the team they need to sign as well.
There is absolutely a benefit to the knights, tigers and everyone else having the Broncos pay as much as possible for a player who is extremely unlikely to leave. Means less money for them to trump next time a Jack Bird situation arrises.

What anger and resentment? Milford leaving has been one of the best thing to happened to my club in nearly 2 decades!
And Milford looks a shadow of the player he should have become. Albeit a much larger shadow than im sure Wayne would like, haha.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Anthony Milford trying to bleed the Broncos for all he can? I doubt Milford will leave the Broncos, but if this is true then it really shows his shallow declaration of only wanting to play for the Broncos. If I were other clubs including the (Knights and the Tigers) I'd be very weary about being used in attempt to jack up his price from his manager.

Please note alot of the stories being floated around have been declared BS from the Warriors CEO. So don't take this report as gospel either considering there are no sources.

"Milford still in the mix

We wrote several weeks ago that Anthony Milford wasn't a done deal at Brisbane. We've since heard his agent has offered the off-contract playmaker to rival clubs.

The Broncos are still favourites to retain him, where he would strike up an unlikely halves pairing with Jack Bird, but don't be surprised to see Sydney teams come into the mix. The cashed-up Tigers are now on the lookout for a fullback and a five-eighth – and Milford can play both positions.

The Broncos, meanwhile, are keen to bring Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor back to the club when he becomes a free agent. Watch this space."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ling-out-with-neil-henry-20170422-gvq6fc.html

Hopefully other clubs will get involved to jack his price up at the Broncos. Waiting for Knights and Tigers to offer him 1m plus and then he signs on for 400k at the Broncos (under the cap of course).

Pedge1971

First Grade
There is absolutely a benefit to the knights, tigers and everyone else having the Broncos pay as much as possible for a player who is extremely unlikely to leave. Means less money for them to trump next time a Jack Bird situation arrises.

What anger and resentment? Milford leaving has been one of the best thing to happened to my club in nearly 2 decades!
And Milford looks a shadow of the player he should have become. Albeit a much larger shadow than im sure Wayne would like, haha.

But but but he is.playing for the master coach?

nick87

Coach
At this point of their careers given their salaries, I wouldn't trade either of our halves straight up for Milford
Milford is probably an upgrade on them individually, but it's not a big enough upgrade to want to take on the added cap burden

Spot On

Coach

I don't often agree with you on much but I 100% agree that Newcastle should be pushing Milford's price to insane heights.

I would also like to see huge offers made to Pangai Jr and Ese'ese - 2 players in the position we desperately need to recruit - have outrageous offers put to both of them as soon as possible.

Market value must be paid by all clubs, not just some.

macavity

Referee
I don't often agree with you on much but I 100% agree that Newcastle should be pushing Milford's price to insane heights.

I would also like to see huge offers made to Pangai Jr and Ese'ese - 2 players in the position we desperately need to recruit - have outrageous offers put to both of them as soon as possible.

Market value must be paid by all clubs, not just some.

I have a sneaky feeling (more of a hope, really) the NRL might even grow a pair this year and look at market value rather than sham cap values when registering (or not registering) contracts.

Hopefully the Knights and Tigers make very healthy offers to the likes of Foran and Milford (to go with the Tigers healthy offers to Tedesco and Woods, and the Knights healthy offer to Bird) to ensure transferring marquee players are on the cap for the figures they should be.

Oh, and Pangai Jr is a Knights junior. Would love to have him back.

Spot On

Coach
I have a sneaky feeling (more of a hope, really) the NRL might even grow a pair this year and look at market value rather than sham cap values when registering (or not registering) contracts.

Hopefully the Knights and Tigers make very healthy offers to the likes of Foran and Milford (to go with the Tigers healthy offers to Tedesco and Woods, and the Knights healthy offer to Bird) to ensure transferring marquee players are on the cap for the figures they should be.

Oh, and Pangai Jr is a Knights junior. Would love to have him back.

The Broncos still have million dollar deals to do with Milford AND of course Darius Bennett. We can definitely help the Broncos make sure they pay Milford every cent he and his manager think he is worth.

Re Darius Bennett - I see absolutely no reason why Brisbane need to make an offer much above what he is already on. They hold all the bargaining power as everyone from here to England knows that Darius will not leave to play under another coach. There's no need to go above a certain figure with Darius - and definitely nowhere near Milford or Bird's money.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The Broncos still have million dollar deals to do with Milford AND of course Darius Bennett. We can definitely help the Broncos make sure they pay Milford every cent he and his manager think he is worth.

Re Darius Bennett - I see absolutely no reason why Brisbane need to make an offer much above what he is already on. They hold all the bargaining power as everyone from here to England knows that Darius will not leave to play under another coach. There's no need to go above a certain figure with Darius - and definitely nowhere near Milford or Bird's money.

Does this mean he gets the top bunk over Birdy as a sweetener then?

davi

Juniors
Tigers suggest Cooper Cronk isn't a likely option because the need to chase free agents sooner rather than later. Whether Cronk would even agree to go to a rebuilding team like the Tigers is another story.

Wests Tigers unlikely to wait on Cronk

"One target that could be on the whiteboard is Melbourne veteran Cooper Cronk, who earlier this month declared his intention to move to Sydney at the end of the year to be with his fiancee.

Cronk's options shrunk after Chad Towsend re-signed with Cronulla, Gareth Widdop extended with St George Illawarra, and Canterbury reportedly lured Kieran Foran to Belmore.

Parramatta are also out of the running after signing Mitchell Moses.

The incumbent Australian halfback has previously indicated that retirement is a genuine possibility, but wouldn't make a final decision until after State of Origin in July.

"We're going to have to make some decisions well and truly ahead of that time so we know exactly where we're moving to and how we look," Egan said.

"We've obviously retained Brooksy and we've retained him for a reason because we obviously thought there was some potential there that we could investigate with him.

"Obviously there's going to be other people that we need to place around him.

"But we may not be able to wait until August or September or whenever Coop decides that he's going to make a decision on whether he's playing again yet."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/23/16/39/wests-tigers-unlikely-to-wait-on-cronk#bvBwkjTA7Mz4b6Pg.99

nick87

Coach
I can't see him turning out for a trash unit like the tigers or knights and sullying his career with that
He'll retire if he can't find a suitable match

He's a good looking guy who is articulate and has a tremendous footy brain. A 20-30 year career as a highly paid analyst awaits. Why would he chase coin playing for a bad team?

Tigers suggest Cooper Cronk isn't a likely option because the need to chase free agents sooner rather than later. Whether Cronk would even agree to go to a rebuilding team like the Tigers is another story.

Wests Tigers unlikely to wait on Cronk

"One target that could be on the whiteboard is Melbourne veteran Cooper Cronk, who earlier this month declared his intention to move to Sydney at the end of the year to be with his fiancee.

Cronk's options shrunk after Chad Towsend re-signed with Cronulla, Gareth Widdop extended with St George Illawarra, and Canterbury reportedly lured Kieran Foran to Belmore.

Parramatta are also out of the running after signing Mitchell Moses.

The incumbent Australian halfback has previously indicated that retirement is a genuine possibility, but wouldn't make a final decision until after State of Origin in July.

"We're going to have to make some decisions well and truly ahead of that time so we know exactly where we're moving to and how we look," Egan said.

"We've obviously retained Brooksy and we've retained him for a reason because we obviously thought there was some potential there that we could investigate with him.

"Obviously there's going to be other people that we need to place around him.

"But we may not be able to wait until August or September or whenever Coop decides that he's going to make a decision on whether he's playing again yet."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/23/16/39/wests-tigers-unlikely-to-wait-on-cronk#bvBwkjTA7Mz4b6Pg.99

Wwos turmed a radio interview on triple m this arvo in to an article, quoting him ffs?!?!

As for Cronk....the next sterlo.