What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
At least he's not under suspicion of match fixing dickhead!

Hahaha I could care less sweetheart.

Any player who does that is a piece of shit and deserves banning. My team or any other.

You do realise old mate Foran was playing for your mob when he is accused of more dodgy game performances? Lol

Hayne is a douche. If you can't see that because of your Parramatta sensitivities thats your problem, not mine.

Parra parra

Juniors

Any player who does that is a piece of shit and deserves banning. My team or any other.

You do realise old mate Foran was playing for your mob when he is accused of more dodgy game performances? Lol

Hayne is a douche. If you can't see that because of your Parramatta sensitivities thats your problem, not mine.
I'd like to know how Foran fixed a game to win mmmm must of had help from manly players hey if true poor old Toovey got shit on by his own team

All shit Nice Pussy still waiting for that great investigation to unravel some legit findings on Foran. Again people with their wild imaginations and no substance crack me up. You would believe anything

Nice Beaver

First Grade
All shit Nice Pussy still waiting for that great investigation to unravel some legit findings on Foran. Again people with their wild imaginations and no substance crack me up. You would believe anything

Hahaha the bloke who believes Eddie Hayson is critisising others for believing anything.

Let that sink in.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Sydney Roosters have a battle on their hands to retain firebrand forward Dylan Napa with reports the Brisbane Broncos are prepared to offer the young prop $2.1 million to move north.

The Courier-Mail reports the Broncos have offered Napa the chance to tour Brisbane’s set-up in the strongest sign yet they are gunning for the Maroons hopeful.

CRICKET: Dean Elgar defends South Africa's reverse swing strategy
CRICKET: Ferguson waits in the wings as selectors mull over Marsh
MOTORSPORT: Fox Sports extends broadcasting deal in Australia
MOTORSPORT: Pedrosa back in action after Japanese fall
FOOTBALL: Hyundai A-League Round 6 squads

The Broncos aren’t the only club eyeing off Napa though, with up to six clubs keen on trying to lure him away from the Roosters. The 23-year-old is off contract at the end of 2017 and the Roosters are wary that clubs can effectively sign him right now for the 2018 season.

“We haven’t had an offer from the Broncos at this stage, but he’s not short of suitors,” Nap’s manager Steve Gillis said.

“Dylan will be a highly sought-after commodity on the player market.”

Nuts

Juniors
How does Brisbane not win the comp every year with all that TPA money? Such a garbage club.

Couldn't agree more. I believe that every year they don't win the comp or at least make the Grand Final is a complete failure given the amount of money that have to spend on their roster. I had to laugh when Wayne complained early in the year about his 8 international players knowing they would be playing a test match before they had to play a club game. Oh the struggles of the poor Broncos!!

Last edited:
IBM did not post the full article from the Courier Mail. Below is the full text of it -

Brisbane set to launch $2.1 million bid for Roosters forward Dylan Napa
9c7e04f5bf5857ff1c943e57f578dc4b

EXCLUSIVE Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
November 10, 2016 5:29pm

BRISBANE have launched a poaching bid for giant prop Dylan Napa as the Roosters face a $2.1 million battle to trump the Broncos for his signature.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos have offered Napa the chance to tour Brisbane’s set-up in the strongest sign yet they are gunning for the Maroons hopeful.

The Broncos have yet to table a formal offer for Napa, but have lodged an expression of interest with his manager Steve Gillis.

Brisbane are one of six NRL clubs eyeing off Napa. It is understood potential suitors are prepared to offer a three-year deal worth $700,000 a season for the most damaging young prop in the code.

The 23-year-old is off-contract next season, meaning the Broncos could not secure Napa until 2018. Wary of a poaching threat, the Roosters have begun extension talks, with Napa to meet his management in the coming days to weigh up his options.

The Broncos are determined to add size and mongrel to their pack after missing the top four last season. Ryan James is also on Brisbane’s radar but with the Titans prop tipped to stay at the Gold Coast, Napa is a more realistic target on their hit list.

Gillis said the uncertainty surrounding the NRL salary cap beyond next season made it difficult to source offers for all off-contract players, including Napa.

“We haven’t had an offer from the Broncos at this stage, but he’s not short of suitors,” he said.

“Dylan will be a highly sought-after commodity on the player market.

“If you look at the front-rowers who are off-contract next season, there’s not too many. I anticipate he will play State of Origin in the next 12 months if his form warrants it.

“Dylan’s first option is to talk to his incumbent club before he considers any other options. He has been overseas, but he has just got back and we will have a chat about where he is at and what he would like to do.

“Dylan can still source his market value but the salary-cap situation makes it more difficult and a lot more time consuming.”

Brisbane have been guarded about their pursuit of Napa but their interest is genuine. Last month, he was given the chance to inspect the Broncos club, but has yet to do so after opting to holiday overseas.

Brisbane’s former Test and Origin front-rower Greg Dowling urged the Broncos to go hard for Napa, saying the 109kg hitman would make them a premiership force.

“They should definitely have a crack at him, Napa would be great for the Broncos,” he said.

“I’ve watched him a lot, I used to play against his old man Stan and he was a tough nut. Dylan is a chip off the old block.

“You need gorillas to win the comp these days. A good big man will always beat a good little man and Dylan hits as hard as anyone in the game today.

“I’d hate to run into him, he really hurts blokes. He would be a great fit for the Broncos, they struggled a bit last year and he would add size to their pack.

“If they get him, they would be a definite top four side and a premiership contender.”

IBM did not post the full article from the Courier Mail. Below is the full text of it -

You don't need to read a Brisbane recruitment article written in the courier mail. They're all the same -

"(Insert player name) was born and raised in Brisbane and wants to take up an opportunity with the Broncos to be closer to his family.

He understands that the Broncos cap position is tight after signing X, Y and Z (who are all internationals) but he is willing to play for a reduced contract just for the opportunity to be coached by Wayne Bennett. As such he will spurn 1 million dollar / year offers from club a and club b to link up with the Red Hill club for $200k / year on a three year deal."

Was I close to the mark?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is nappa actually any good? Sure he puts on some big hits here and there but IMO he does nothing with ball in hand and gives away a heap of stupid penalties.

Nuts

Juniors
You don't need to read a Brisbane recruitment article written in the courier mail. They're all the same -

"(Insert player name) was born and raised in Brisbane and wants to take up an opportunity with the Broncos to be closer to his family.

He understands that the Broncos cap position is tight after signing X, Y and Z (who are all internationals) but he is willing to play for a reduced contract just for the opportunity to be coached by Wayne Bennett. As such he will spurn 1 million dollar / year offers from club a and club b to link up with the Red Hill club for $200k / year on a three year deal."

Was I close to the mark?

Close to it??? Spot on I would say. You were however missing the obligatory "they have released 3 players from Redcliffe Dolphins which should free up about 3 millions dollars in the salary cap" line.