What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

soc123_au

Staff member
Roosters offering same money as Penrith with another year extra and both offering less than Titans.
We all know the Roosters use numbers based on AU$ but pay out in USD or Euro. The best we can offer that wont hit the cap is a VS Commodore with a set of chasers on it and the belts hanging out of the rear tyres.

Valheru

Coach
Fifita has an option in his contract. So if he chooses not to extend he has no contract value for 2025.

Choosing that option you would have to say $850k is pretty f**king generous for what he has delivered the past few years still.

If Panthers missed out and signed Crichton instead I think we might be better off to be honest. He’s a consistent performer. Better defender too.

But i fully expect Roosters to get their man and keep Crichton still. I think he is happy at Roosters and wouldn’t actually consider leaving for another NRL club. Only Rugby.
According to the media, Fifita is odds on to go to you guys

I agree with you though, if given the choice I would rather Crighton

Valheru

Coach
There really should be some kind of cap concession for blokes coming to the end of their careers that have spent a lot of time at one club.

Doesn’t seem right for him to finish his career with the mercenaries but we can’t afford to try and get into a bidding war with the Roosters either. Dom Young would be ecstatic as Gagai was responsible for the majority of his tries last year.
This isn't about money as roosters won't be giving him much, it's about length of contract. We are offering two years and you guys one. Apparently Knights are looking at putting in an option for a 2nd year in their offer.

Valheru

Coach
We all know the Roosters use numbers based on AU$ but pay out in USD or Euro. The best we can offer that wont hit the cap is a VS Commodore with a set of chasers on it and the belts hanging out of the rear tyres.
We pay in Crypto mate

Untraceable.

No he didn't

You are confused with the previous auditor

Matthew Faulkner is the name of the current NRL Salary Cap Auditor.

His predecessor was Richard Gardham who was appointed in 2017.

His predecessor was Jamie L'Oste brown who was appointed in late 2013.

Ian Schubert, who played for the Roosters, Manly, Western Suburbs and Leigh in the UK, was salary cap auditor from the NRL's inception (having worked for Super League) in 1998 until 2013 when he quit the post.

soc123_au

Staff member
Matthew Faulkner is the name of the current NRL Salary Cap Auditor.

His predecessor was Richard Gardham who was appointed in 2017.

His predecessor was Jamie L'Oste brown who was appointed in late 2013.

Ian Schubert, who played for the Roosters, Manly, Western Suburbs and Leigh in the UK, was salary cap auditor from the NRL's inception (having worked for Super League) in 1998 until 2013 when he quit the post.
Imagine landing that job.

Get paid to carry a phone in case a whistle blower calls it.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't buy into any of this media talk around looking at Fifita is an un-Penrith sort of move and might disturb the culture and ethos they've had around how they develop players over buying them.

If you get the chance to buy a guy who has Fifita's upside and place him in an ultra high performance, high expectation culture like Penrith's, on the back-end of three straight premierships when you feel like momentum might be waning a bit, that's a no brainer. If it doesn't work out, fine. But gee, it could be exactly what they need to go on and win another three. Especially when his other destination is the Roosters, and they look devastating at present.

100%

David Fifita at the Panthers is a very different prospect than David Fifita at the Titans...sure it might still not work out but the Kikau comparison is pretty valid. He has the potential to be a superstar and the Panthers have the culture to get it out of him.

Also, SYSTEMS!!!