What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Who says we're not after an established prop too? Just because we sign a young prop that's probably not even in our top 25 it doesn't mean we're not trying to recruit anyone else.

Spot On

Coach
This guy obviously isn't in our top 25 players- I can't see an issue with us signing a promising junior and getting them into our system to develop.

No issue. We obviously don't have enough quality props in our junior ranks/ local area.

Weve done the same thing with Toka and from all reports he's about as much chance of playing firsts as you or I. Korbin is still to establish himself as a regular bench player.

Just a bit impatient I suppose.

Fazz_138

Juniors
According to a person on the Knights Facebook page, we've signed James Taylor (20 y.o prop) from the Warriors for 3 years.

To give you an idea, my initial reaction (as a Warriors fan) to that news was a loud series of expletives. Not a huge prop, but not prone to brain explosions either. I think he'll be a quality signing for you guys with a year in NSW Cup. Probably won't win any games singlehandedly, but has the potential to be a very solid contributor. Hopefully you guys get better mileage out of him than the Likiliki bros and Packer.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The more I watch games this year the more I am convinced we dont need another out and out prop but rather a skillful forward who can offload. Look at how Brisbane are going with a smaller, mobile pack enhanced by Parker shifting into the front row to bring in Gillett to the starting side.

The days of big metre eaters are nearly over

Johns Magic

Referee
Apparently we have signed James Taylor from the Warriors U20's. A prop.

His NYC stats last year make for some juicy reading...227 metres in the grand-final last year.

Jono078

Referee
Hope he goes alright! We must have scouted their forwards pretty well, Packer and now that bloke.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Sad to see him go, but at the same time I'm also glad he is leaving for the opportunity. There's a bit of a logjam of props coming through at the Warriors (isn't their always?) and it's inevitable that players will either be squeezed out or decide to take their chances elsewhere.

Interesting that his grand final performance got mentioned. First half of the season I didn't find him overly impressive, but the rapid improvement he made in the second half on the way to that grand final was very noticeable.

He's a very good pick up IMO.

Nuffy

Bench
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/bulldogs-statement-regarding-fifita

Fifita not going to the Dogs anymore apparently, couldn't agree on final terms of the contract. Given all that has transpired since he hit the market, I'd rather just pass on this bloke now. Certainly didn't show $850k worth of value on Sunday.

I'd say they saw the way he played on Sunday and his comments about Yawnion and saw T-rex mark II.

Bad day for Fifita, going to cost him a tonne of money.

perverse

Referee
Sure will. He's not worth that kind of cash, the Dogs were stupid as f**k to throw it at him to begin with. I don't get it with the Dogs, they always seem so desperate to get every single player on the market that other clubs want, they're always throwing around ridiculous numbers for players. It's like they get upset if another club outbids them or something.

My mind constantly boggles at how they get it all under the cap year after year.

Weidler was suggesting Bennett was after Fifita but you would have to think he would have baulked at 500 k let alone 850K a year. I think young Andrew has proven that he is quite possibly the dumbest footballer to come along in a very long time. Shut your mouth Andrew and take the 850 k a year. He would have been set for life before he hit 30! What a dope. I wouldn't care if i never won a game on that sort of coin.

perverse

Referee
He won't be getting 850k a year off anyone else. He's blown it as far as I can see, we'd be stupid to not put forward whatever our previous offer was for him.

Only the Dogs would drive a bloody props price tag up that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts