What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

the seagull

Juniors
You need a bit of mongrel in your pack to avoid being stomped on all the time by opposing packs - who have we got now that fits that?

We got good solid players who are going to be great,but we haven't got that JWH, McGuire, Klemmer intimidation

Spot On

Coach
And vice virsa JM.

39 Test matches for the Kiwis is nothing to sneeze at.

Don't think there's much need to cross fingers. I think if he's here next year you'll have to get used to what you see when he runs out for the Broncs. He consistently delivers the same instructions Bennett gives him every week.

I'm assuming that is what Brown has been after all along and that's what I hope he brings on the field. It's probably an understatement to say that he would hope to avoid the same situation he faced at the Tigers in terms of scrutiny and horrible press due to performance.

Last edited:

Glendale

Juniors
Every good team needs a grub. Barnett is a merkin but we need a bit more, we're still the softy likeable nice boys of the league. Welcome Blair.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yeah man Wayne Bennett rates him that highly that he agreed to release him from the last year of his contract. Go ask for Milford, Boyd, McGuire, Gillette etc a year early and see what response you get.

You think he will get away with half the shit he does playing for the broncos whilst in a Knights jersey? Good luck with that.
Could you come across as a more salty Tigers supporter?

Your club was, arguably still is, a shambles back when Blair was there. Players being lazy and thinking they owned the club and the right to play 1st grade. Our club was a lot like that too for awhile before Brown turfed the ring leaders

We all hate seeing guys under perform for our clubs then move on an improve. It happens, we are seeing it with Uate right now. It's shit but you just have to accept that sometimes your club just didn't bring out the best in certain players

Old dog

Juniors
It's hard to believe what is going on here, nastiness about a player SOO, who is leaving and all the angst that goes with it and then the other side of the coin the same about a player we have possibly signed. Thank goodness we are the best supporters in the competition.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I watched the 2015 gf today and it's started to sway my opinion of Blair. The more I watch of Blair the more it's obvious the qualities that he has in his game. Things such as lateral movement in defence, a high workrate when at marker, second faze play and the pressure he puts on the the kicker. Starting to think he'd be a decent signing but I'd hate to pay overs for him with new players likely to come onto the market.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Could you come across as a more salty Tigers supporter?

Your club was, arguably still is, a shambles back when Blair was there. Players being lazy and thinking they owned the club and the right to play 1st grade. Our club was a lot like that too for awhile before Brown turfed the ring leaders

We all hate seeing guys under perform for our clubs then move on an improve. It happens, we are seeing it with Uate right now. It's shit but you just have to accept that sometimes your club just didn't bring out the best in certain players

You can say our club was a Shambles and that may well be true, maybe the coaches were using Blair wrongly and that added to his dismal 3 years at the club. However you can not excuse his pathetic half hearted performances every time he graced the field. The guy did not try. I would rather Kyle Lovett played every game for the next 10 years for us then Blair disgracing our jersey one more time.

Blair is not 'tough' he has no 'mongrel' he is a cheap shot merchant who hides when the 'tough stuff' actually needs doing. The bloke passes more then he gets tackled. I'm not talking offloads with guys on him, I mean running cross field and throwing to anyone when a hit up is needed. When you need help getting out of trouble he is out the back bludging. He misses more 1on1 tackles then I've ever seen from a prop.

He gives away stupid penalties when you least need them. The refs already punish the knights, you think he will get away with half the shit he does in a broncos jersey? Trust me if you sign him you will be the most penalised club in the game by a mile next year.

I still remember a game against Souths in 13/14 where he was playing on the edge and missed 3 tackles on John Sutton that lead to line breaks, John f*%cking Sutton!

He went ok in 2015 when he had Parker, McQuire, Wallace, Thaiday etc doing the tough work for him. This year it's on him and he has been way down. The guy is the ultimate flat track bully. There's a reason why Bennett is supposedly letting him walk with a year to go on his contract. He is losing Ese and Arrow next year to go with Parker and Wallace this year yet bought no one. He wouldn't let go of another experienced prop if he thought the team needed him. Seriously man think about it!

Apart from the tigers the knights are the team I would love to see go well next year. You guys deserve it. When the knights are going well I believe they bring something to the Comp that no other team can bring. I think you've bought very well and I love what Browny is doing. However I honestly think signing this myth will be a disaster.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You can say our club was a Shambles and that may well be true, maybe the coaches were using Blair wrongly and that added to his dismal 3 years at the club. However you can not excuse his pathetic half hearted performances every time he graced the field. The guy did not try. I would rather Kyle Lovett played every game for the next 10 years for us then Blair disgracing our jersey one more time.

Blair is not 'tough' he has no 'mongrel' he is a cheap shot merchant who hides when the 'tough stuff' actually needs doing. The bloke passes more then he gets tackled. I'm not talking offloads with guys on him, I mean running cross field and throwing to anyone when a hit up is needed. When you need help getting out of trouble he is out the back bludging. He misses more 1on1 tackles then I've ever seen from a prop.

He gives away stupid penalties when you least need them. The refs already punish the knights, you think he will get away with half the shit he does in a broncos jersey? Trust me if you sign him you will be the most penalised club in the game by a mile next year.

I still remember a game against Souths in 13/14 where he was playing on the edge and missed 3 tackles on John Sutton that lead to line breaks, John f*%cking Sutton!

He went ok in 2015 when he had Parker, McQuire, Wallace, Thaiday etc doing the tough work for him. This year it's on him and he has been way down. The guy is the ultimate flat track bully. There's a reason why Bennett is supposedly letting him walk with a year to go on his contract. He is losing Ese and Arrow next year to go with Parker and Wallace this year yet bought no one. He wouldn't let go of another experienced prop if he thought the team needed him. Seriously man think about it!

Apart from the tigers the knights are the team I would love to see go well next year. You guys deserve it. When the knights are going well I believe they bring something to the Comp that no other team can bring. I think you've bought very well and I love what Browny is doing. However I honestly think signing this myth will be a disaster.

Wow all I saw here was "John f**king Sutton". He has a good running game :(

Yosh

Coach

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but I think Blair might fit a niche here at the club:
He is a real hard trainer off the pitch and will be a good influence on the younger boys here.
He is a great leader (from all accounts, perhaps was the leader who led the Coup d'état at the Tigers maybe) and is an older head we need at the club.
We also have willing runners and Blair won't need to do much hard stuff in our own half, hopefully he'll add a different dimension to our attack.

The mistackles we probably don't need but Blair seems to fit a niche we're looking to fill. He isn't going to be on a mega contract and chose us over a few other offers so that's good to hear. Furthermore, it's probably his last club in the NRL and if he wants to leave a legacy he'll play hard.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Like a few others on here I'm slowly warming up to the idea of Adam Blair. So far I've been very happy with the recruitment drive from Brown and Mooney and I'm willing to have faith that they're not making any rushed decisions and are carefully thinking out any offers they make to players.

I've never been that fond of him tbh but that's because he's a grub, nothing to do with his ability or what he brings to a team. That being said I acknowledge that our forward pack needs a bit of a hard edge and getting a guy like that in there to add a bit of fire isn't a bad idea. Also I'm not that bothered by his numbers to be honest, I don't think Brown and Mooney are really trying to bring him here for his stats anyway. More just getting a different type of player into our forward pack and a guy who adds some experience and is a good trainer (which we've been hearing) not to mention he's been a part of two really successful systems (Melbourne & Brisbane) which is valuable to us as well.

Old dog

Juniors
Blair would not have been my first choice and if we had got others, Graham, Tolman for example, would be happy we didn't get Blair but now that others are falling of radar and Blair is best of the rest I am happy we have him, assuming we have him.
Look forward to 2018 and a revitalised pack and team.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
My only fear is that every major forward signing since Ben Kennedy has been an absolute dud for one reason or another...

Kirk R, ben Cross, the Sims, im sure im forgetting some.

Blair might be great, but hitory says he will snap his leg first day of training.

Better for both of us if we just stick with journeymen and he stays away from the Newcastle curse...

Old dog

Juniors
My only fear is that every major forward signing since Ben Kennedy has been an absolute dud for one reason or another...

Kirk R, ben Cross, the Sims, im sure im forgetting some.

Blair might be great, but hitory says he will snap his leg first day of training.

Better for both of us if we just stick with journeymen and he stays away from the Newcastle curse...
So! How has the rest of your day been

Last edited: