What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
HUSH, HUSH II

Which non Sydney club is attempting a player swap with a Super League outfit?

The trade would involve a half heading to England and the NRL side would pick up a forward in return. If the trade is going to take place, it’ll be signed off on early this week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/409337166cf89ea6ed8e1a7227ccba4d

Think this is Knights related. The timeframe matches up with what Buzz reported and Knights obviously have a half that they'd be more than willing to let go to England.

Frederick

Staff member
HUSH, HUSH II

Which non Sydney club is attempting a player swap with a Super League outfit?

The trade would involve a half heading to England and the NRL side would pick up a forward in return. If the trade is going to take place, it’ll be signed off on early this week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/409337166cf89ea6ed8e1a7227ccba4d

Think this is Knights related. The timeframe matches up with what Buzz reported and Knights obviously have a half that they'd be more than willing to let go to England.
Good read about Guerra in that link

Frederick

Staff member
Nathan ryan didn't rule out the knights when questioned about it on Twitter, and also confirmed the forward is an Englishman, so no cuthbertson

PhilGould

Bench
Walmsley is a big prop from St Helens. Was unlucky to miss the team of the year this season. Brown coached him in the past too so there's a connection.

Joel-22

Juniors
The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense for Sione to slot back into the centres at least for the near term. He could play in the mold of Aubusson or Linnet. He won't be particularly fast but he can he still run good lines from centre.
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Alex Walmsley
9.Danny Levi
10.Jacob Lillyman
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitchell Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Daniel Saifiti
16.Herman Ese'ese
17.Jacob Saifiti

A lot of potential in that side. It's a side that won't be bullied that's for sure

PhilGould

Bench
Have we actually been linked to Walmsley by the media? Me suggesting it could be him was based on a somewhat educated guess mixed with wishful thinking.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense for Sione to slot back into the centres at least for the near term. He could play in the mold of Aubusson or Linnet. He won't be particularly fast but he can he still run good lines from centre.
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Alex Walmsley
9.Danny Levi
10.Jacob Lillyman
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitchell Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Daniel Saifiti
16.Herman Ese'ese
17.Jacob Saifiti

A lot of potential in that side. It's a side that won't be bullied that's for sure

It's the only way sione will fit into this team for me. All our other backrowers are ahead of him in the back row pecking order imo

Zoidberg

First Grade
I guess that's the thing, we have so many back rowers now and Sione is good enough to be in top 17 for sure. Unless we sign someone else we could do with a centre.

Joel-22

Juniors
Not sure I understand this signing outside of him being part of a premiership winning team.
- injury prone
- plays in a position we have covered

It will be an astute signing if someone gets hurt... but how do you fit Griffin, Buhrer and Levi in the same side?

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Not sure I understand this signing outside of him being part of a premiership winning team.
- injury prone
- plays in a position we have covered

It will be an astute signing if someone gets hurt... but how do you fit Griffin, Buhrer and Levi in the same side?

Has most of us stumped.