What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
- Knights set to break even or make a profit in 2018 after an estimated $50m in losses over the past decade.
- Plans already being made to keep Kalyn at the club beyond his current deal. Will look to upgrade and extend his deal long before he becomes eligible to negotiate with other clubs. Ponga and Pearce seen as the key building blocks for the club.
- Knights making a big play for Blake Ferguson and look likely to get him. Roosters coming back with an even bigger offer would be the only thing stopping it. Knights offering 3 years, which Roosters won't give him. Knights also offering an off-field role working with the Indigenous program.
- Knights rejected Bulldogs offer of Aiden Tolman, Greg Eastwood or Kerrod Holland in return for Jack Cogger getting an early release earlier this year.
- Storm assistant coach Jason Ryles is on the Knights radar for next year. He's held in very high regard as a coach of the future, especially for the work he does with forwards.
- The general feeling at the Knights is that Brock Lamb won't be at the club next year.
- Expect Knights to pick up a couple of new signings pre-June 30. No hints as to who but won't be big names.
- Knights have begun negotiations to re-sign Cory Denniss and will begin the same process with Ken Sio next week.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...lion-loss-over-10-years-into-a-profit/?cs=306

Spot On

Coach
All good news then.

I'm no fan of Ferguson but can't deny he is much better than our current stocks. Obviously any contract he may sign with us will be constructed to protect the club.

Old dog

Juniors
We sent a message with his sacking. Besides, he'd be cooked after his ACL. Never be the same
Moga is out with ACL and has come back from previous so don't think it has anything to do with fitness will be if the club and he want it, no reason not to give a chance, He is a good player if we don't then I am sure someone will like Manly needing 5/8.

Yosh

Coach
If all that news is true, I don't know what club I'm supporting anymore... In years gone by it would have been:

- club makes another $5m loss this year while only spending 20% of the cap.
- plans are under way to give KP an early release so he can fulfill his potential elsewhere
- Knights planning super deal for player A who is over the hill, has problems with discipline but is a good person off the field
- Knights negotiating with the Bulldogs and will give them whatever they want and take it up the backstreet alley because that's how they have always done it
- Knights linked with assistant coach who is good mates with Rick Stone and Hagan and is a distant relative of Wayne Bennet. Doesn't even have proper coaching licenses but is a good surfer and knows how to brew a great brewski
- general feeling is Brock Lamb will remain at the club on an upgraded deal because no one else wants him and we like lad
- Knights linked with big names, at least 15 letters per surname, to sign before June 30 deadline

But seriously, if anyone thinks we are worse off under Wests, they must be missing some screws.

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Connor Watson
2.Shaun Kenny Dowell
3.Jesse Ramien
4.Tautau Moga
5.Blake Ferguson
6.Kalyn Ponga
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Dylan Napa
9.Danny Levi
10.Martin Taupau
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Sione Mata'utia
13.Herman Ese'ese

14.Slade Griffin
15.Tim Glasby
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Aiden Guerra

18.Mitchell Barnett
19.Josh King
20.Nathan Ross
21.Ken Sio
22.Corey Denniss
23.Jamie Buhrer
24.Jacob Saifiti
25.Pasami Saulo

You can play with the starting 17 however you want I've just listed my preference going forward. The point is we're 3 big signings away from being premiership contender material

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was reluctant when his name was thrown up late last year but I would like to see us land Napa as well as Fergo.

I would take Napa if he became available, we need someone with a bit of grub and he fits that bill, he’s also a big hit merchant. Problem is I can only see him leaving there if the Roosters let him go so they can get Tapau and I’d much rather have him instead.

First Grade
Well 5 days till the end of the month, I wonder who these pre June 30 signings are, we shall soon see.

Old dog

Juniors
Don't think it will be anyone such as Napa, Ferguson etc by 30 June more likely fringe 1st graders to help in prop area similar to Lillyman and King