What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
Heighington has been close to our best forward. Brings a lot of impact and intensity off the bench. I'd happily give him a 1 year extension

Dave_

Juniors
I'm even less confident than I was at this time last year, simply because...who is even available?

Spot On

Coach
Give him minimum wage then. He's taken it before. Brissy have a bunch of babies they'd rather play in firsts and it is only going to get harder for him to get a run up there after this season.

Lol.

Spot On

Coach
Heighington has been close to our best forward. Brings a lot of impact and intensity off the bench. I'd happily give him a 1 year extension

A pretty sad indictment on our pack isn't it. He's done his job for the most part, no doubt about that.

As for Lillyman, I did not expect anything more. Really don't know what the powers that be saw in him.

Dave_

Juniors
Surely Brown is looking at ESL forwards. He knows the joint as well as anyone.

Also just heard on the radio that the Roosters are likely to sign Brett Morris. Why wouldn't we give him a year or 2? The grubs just signed Ryan Hall too.

Hoping for a miracle now

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Nathan Brown was on NRL360 last night and made the point that a lot of players dismiss moving to Newcastle because they just want to stay in Sydney, so I guess this keeps happening a bit. He said we need 2 more big forwards and are looking.

Its pretty tragic that Payne Haas, TPJ and Jack Hetherington's families all decided to relocate them out of Newcastle when they were young. Imagine the up and coming forward pack we would have if you threw them in the mix

Old dog

Juniors
Surely we throw some money at Rhyse Martin

Off contract at Bulldogs who, by rights, cant afford him
You would think a half decent bid would secure him, apparently not on much, they can't afford much, pity he is back row rather than prop but he does kick goals and score tries.

Old dog

Juniors
The mole is saying TPJ wants 600k a year and might go to the roosters.

Barry toohey says he's signed at broncs.

Hmm
Until it's a confirmed signing we should keep making offers, no harm in that, at the moment I am thinking he is our best option, that is the type of player we want not so much the likeliest to get