What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Apey

Staff member
Will Hastings really be one of our highest paid players next year? Dear lord. I know halfbacks are a rare commodity these days but Hastings shouldn't be one of the highest paid players for any club.

I think Toohey is wrong though and the forwards are a much bigger problem than Hastings.

Burwood

Bench
I’m not sure why the club is copping it over Gagai. Everyone in here seemed in agreement that he should be resigned, but not on the money that he’s currently on and not long term.

Everything in that article sounds like he or his manager have overvalued him and the club is saying, “here’s the chance to talk to other clubs and we’ll just wait and see what you’re really worth on the open market and how many years they’re offering.”

Will Hastings really be one of our highest paid players next year? Dear lord. I know halfbacks are a rare commodity these days but Hastings shouldn't be one of the highest paid players for any club.

I think Toohey is wrong though and the forwards are a much bigger problem than Hastings.
I remember one of his articles years ago saying Kurt Mann was one of our top paid players......Kurt Mann !! sweet lord I hope he's wrong about Hastings.

Agree our pack is the #1 issue. Pack of marshmallows. Bottom 8 in intimidation factor

I’m not sure why the club is copping it over Gagai. Everyone in here seemed in agreement that he should be resigned, but not on the money that he’s currently on and not long term.

Everything in that article sounds like he or his manager have overvalued him and the club is saying, “here’s the chance to talk to other clubs and we’ll just wait and see what you’re really worth on the open market and how many years they’re offering.”
post football employment would be high on the list of priorities for a soon to be retired athlete. Let's hope the club has their act together - history suggests otherwise.

perverse

Referee

We're just transitioning from a moneyball strategy to a Roosters-style "sombrero-ball" recruitment strategy. Sign players for $500k, but let them go for $800k. Repeat until your squad is worth double the salary cap.

Boggles the mind if Jackson is one of the highest paid here.

Woody90

Juniors
Wasn’t Hastings a trade deal for Klemmer? How does that work salary wise?

Klemmer was on about $860k here so Hastings being on close to that wouldn’t surprise me given the trade.

Burwood

Bench
If we were to lose Gagai to another club next season, I’d be offering Daniel Tupou a 12 month contract to replace the experience in the backline.

Rod

Bench

And you know that if the club did end up paying overs for him they'd cop the full spray in here for doing it.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Was seen in deep conversation with Wayne on Sunday after the game.
1.09 he will head back to Souths

Don't pay overs but respect him enough to make a fair offer + some post career employ ( on the sly of course )

If Dsaf 30 min of powderpuff a week (roughly 300-400 dollars per mtr gained) is worth 800K a year what's nearly 300 NRL games, SOO/Aust rep, Gags worth to a side void of leaders.

mozza91

Coach
Re-signing Gagai is a no brainer so naturally we’ll f**k it up.

Give him a fair offer for 2 years and I’m sure he’d take it. He seems settled up here and with his leadership qualities he’s an easy choice for a coaching gig once he’s finished.

Knight Tales

Bench
KPP is the priority. Above all else. Get him locked in for another four years before he prices himself out of this club. He is 700-800 k a season level already. Massive motor. Great defender. Incredibly strong. Every club in this comp will want a word. The SBW comparisons are pretty accurate.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
With Gags I can see both sides of the coin, his experience is valuable to us but I don’t want the club overpaying for him either. I think somewhere around $400K would be about the right offer imo.

Apey

Staff member
Gagai's age is the problem. He's 33. He's still got it but he is undoubtedly slower and that will just get worse. How many years does he want? I would like to keep him on a year-by-year basis but it seems like he wants more.

Woody90

Juniors
Give him 1 year with the option of another in the club’s favour.

That’s completely reasonable for his age. If he wants more let him go.

As it is now he’s starting to need to miss more and more games through injury. Same with Friz. Invaluable to the club but bodies eventually give out.