What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
So your old mate Stevie has some exciting news!! Whilst I cant tell people I know for a few more weeks I can tell you lot. Stevie and Mrs are up the duff our first generation of mini Parra supporters! Absolutely stoked beyond belief and its all very exciting.

Now the reason I tell you all this is it dawned on me last night that I was born in 81 ahead of what was the golden era for our club and I am pretty certain that mini me will mark the start of our own golden era this millennium.

Its due first week in October so I haven't worked out that timing part but at worst I'll set up a TV screen in the delivery room so we are both screaming and hopefully Parra are there repeating traditions...

Well done to both of you.

84 Baby

Referee
So your old mate Stevie has some exciting news!! Whilst I cant tell people I know for a few more weeks I can tell you lot. Stevie and Mrs are up the duff our first generation of mini Parra supporters! Absolutely stoked beyond belief and its all very exciting.

Now the reason I tell you all this is it dawned on me last night that I was born in 81 ahead of what was the golden era for our club and I am pretty certain that mini me will mark the start of our own golden era this millennium.

Its due first week in October so I haven't worked out that timing part but at worst I'll set up a TV screen in the delivery room so we are both screaming and hopefully Parra are there repeating traditions...
Congrats. But we're more likely to win if your wife gives birth during the game and you are forced to miss it. Murphy's law

lingard

Coach
You're kidding yourself if you think having lodge back in the nrl is a good thing.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/61c0efd2127b30b416fdecd31fbb3dc4

Do you honestly believe it is in the best interests of the game for this merkin to be playing? I'll answer you right now, no it isn't. This isn't his second chance either. He was sacked from penrith, storm and tigers for being a dickhead.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...mestic-violence-offences-20150821-gj4eoo.html

He's a flog and the quicker you realise this and get to booing him, despite what ever state he was born in (what an arbitrary reason to cheer for someone despite what they've done), the better you will be.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance. If he's as big a dope as you're saying, he'll f**k up all by himself without us deathriding him. If not, good on him, I'll support that. Rugby league has always been a workinğ class game, and it's always been a field of redemption for young wayward blokes. And so it should be.

lingard

Coach
Do
What Lodge did in NY is a world different to what Auva'a got up to. Takes a special individual to do that.

I'm not saying never give the bloke another chance, but Christ, if this guy f**ks up big time again and someone gets hurt, the NRL and the Broncos have some serious questions to answer. And they'll be questions that insurance won't help them answer.

Don't you think he'd be more likely to f**k up if he was an unemployed bum? Besides, whatever we think about Wayne Bennett, I doubt he would have taken Lodge on if he didn't see some redeeming features in him. The 'three strikes and you're out' rule just doesn't work with everybody. Some people just need tbe right opportunity. I hope Bennett can provide that.

lingard

Coach
Stevie, congratulations, mate. My wife went into labour during a Parramatta v Manly game in 1997. Parra won, so I thought that was a good omen for my little boy to be an ardent Parra fan and a good luck charm. He's now 20 and he hates football. He's only watched about four games in his life. Ah, well. I still love him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'm willing to give the guy a chance. If he's as big a dope as you're saying, he'll f**k up all by himself without us deathriding him. If not, good on him, I'll support that. Rugby league has always been a workinğ class game, and it's always been a field of redemption for young wayward blokes. And so it should be.

Here's the kicker. He's already f****d up by himself, multiple times. He's a repeat offender already. As I've said earlier I've got no problems with giving guys a second chance (even a 3rd chance depending on the offences and what the player has achieved to right the wrongs), our club has done it and will continue to do it but there's a line. Where is your line? Rape? Paedophilia? Murder?

And if you read what I wrote, I asked whether you'd be happy to show that leniency if your family members were the victims.

No you didn't

So, if your kids or brothers or sisters were the people on the other end of his behaviour, would you be cool with it because the bloke was off his tree. People off their tree kill and greatly harm other people. Others make excuses for them. I'm sorry but I don't wear that.

So it’s not his fault it’s alcohol’s fault???

The guy tried to punch on with his coach he has a screw lose.
It’s disgraceful he’s allowed to be anywhere near a footy field let alone the NRL.

But anyone with Eels and Dogs on their name has a screw lose as well.
He does have a natural dickhead factor to him but what he did in NY was so far beyond what he's done in the past that you would have to consider other factors like alcohol. No one in their right minds would do something like that.

Do

Don't you think he'd be more likely to f**k up if he was an unemployed bum? Besides, whatever we think about Wayne Bennett, I doubt he would have taken Lodge on if he didn't see some redeeming features in him. The 'three strikes and you're out' rule just doesn't work with everybody. Some people just need tbe right opportunity. I hope Bennett can provide that.

I hope you're right.

Latest posts