What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd rather he go be a brickie or whatever he does beside playing football and pay it back. There are other ways of making money. He shouldn't be allowed to make big coin and shouldn't be allowed to be known as a professional footballer. He should only be ever known as merkin, in fact I'd rather he never not be remember.
You can be a pro athlete and still be known as a merkin.

I bet his victims would prefer he was making big money.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What Lodge did in NY is a world different to what Auva'a got up to. Takes a special individual to do that.

I'm not saying never give the bloke another chance, but Christ, if this guy f**ks up big time again and someone gets hurt, the NRL and the Broncos have some serious questions to answer. And they'll be questions that insurance won't help them answer.
Do you think Lodge's antics in New York might've been an indication of untreated mental illness? If it was typical behaviour for him he would have been in jail before he turned 18.

Do you think Lodge's antics in New York might've been an indication of untreated mental illness? If it was typical behaviour for him he would have been in jail before he turned 18.

Well, that hasn't been part of his explanation / defense thus far. It could be true, or he could just be a f**kwit in an escalation phase.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He went on a drunken rampage, the guy wasn't fully in his senses, in no way am I say what he did is excusable - cause it's really not but give him some leniency. Do you really think anyone in their right mind would do something like that?

And lol that's a win win for me, NSW player given a chance by the scum of the earth broncos and if he f**ks up its all one them haha #winning
So it’s not his fault it’s alcohol’s fault???

The guy tried to punch on with his coach he has a screw lose.
It’s disgraceful he’s allowed to be anywhere near a footy field let alone the NRL.

But anyone with Eels and Dogs on their name has a screw lose as well.

Oscarman

Juniors
So the NRL are thinking about releasing third party totals for each club. I don't trust them to tell the truth - as if they would even fully know.

Stevie

Bench
So your old mate Stevie has some exciting news!! Whilst I cant tell people I know for a few more weeks I can tell you lot. Stevie and Mrs are up the duff our first generation of mini Parra supporters! Absolutely stoked beyond belief and its all very exciting.

Now the reason I tell you all this is it dawned on me last night that I was born in 81 ahead of what was the golden era for our club and I am pretty certain that mini me will mark the start of our own golden era this millennium.

Its due first week in October so I haven't worked out that timing part but at worst I'll set up a TV screen in the delivery room so we are both screaming and hopefully Parra are there repeating traditions...

If you read what I wrote I clearly said that in no way am I trying to excuse what he did but only to show leniency. There is a massive alcohol issue in western culture and people can't tend to control themselves but have a bit more till the point where they're Charlie Sheened. Its problems like this that really need addressing.

And if you read what I wrote, I asked whether you'd be happy to show that leniency if your family members were the victims.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So your old mate Stevie has some exciting news!! Whilst I cant tell people I know for a few more weeks I can tell you lot. Stevie and Mrs are up the duff our first generation of mini Parra supporters! Absolutely stoked beyond belief and its all very exciting.

Now the reason I tell you all this is it dawned on me last night that I was born in 81 ahead of what was the golden era for our club and I am pretty certain that mini me will mark the start of our own golden era this millennium.

Its due first week in October so I haven't worked out that timing part but at worst I'll set up a TV screen in the delivery room so we are both screaming and hopefully Parra are there repeating traditions...
Congrats mate.

Glenneel

Bench
Why would we do that and then let him go to another club? If we wanted him to lose 8kgs we'd sign him and have him play for Wenty. Or we'd get Wenty to sign him so we could keep a closer eye on him.
Think his attitude is poor and didn't attend rehab when supposed to. Needs to grow up and mature before he plays NRL which may be never. Yet another talented player throwing his life away. I, like many here, would like his talent and be well paid doing something you love but very few get that chance. But tens of sports people continually are too stupid to realise their potential.

I did triathlons when younger and trained twice a day for 6 days and once on Saturday which usually involved a bike ride of 80 plus kilometres and was paid nothing, so I know about training hard, and its not hard when you love what you do.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

well done big guy

Eelementary

Post Whore

Congrats, bro!!!

Oscarman

Juniors
Yep pretty pumped. The Mrs used to support Manly but even she admits he/she will be born into the blue and gold and is quite happy with that.
Congrats mate. Every merkin on here should be buying you a beer at the first home game.