What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tolman is a very good player, would rather him any day over Matagi!!

I don't think we need any bigger forwards, just some better quality!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Letting hoppa / Reynolds / lichaa go won't save the dogs any cap space as they are already off contract.

Not sure how the dogs are allowed to register contracts for Foran / woods if it puts them over the cap, surely the NRL won't allow it as I thought that is their process.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With all that talent off contract they should have plenty of cap space to plug the holes in their roster.
Who the f**k would want to go to that smouldering crater of shit??? They are where we were in 2011-13, have to pay overs to get anybody and anyone near their peak will steer clear of the joint.

Newcastle is a much more attractive place to go to ATM.

Letting hoppa / Reynolds / lichaa go won't save the dogs any cap space as they are already off contract.

Not sure how the dogs are allowed to register contracts for Foran / woods if it puts them over the cap, surely the NRL won't allow it as I thought that is their process.
Short answer is Toddy G, that how!

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The Roosters did the same thing in 2013, they were told to not sign Luke O'Donnell otherwise they would be over the cap and they did anyway.

We could of done the same thing with Falonk but we chose not too, and we then we get done for cap rorting. Go figure.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gus?[/QUOTE
We did release him.

Did ne twing his hammy in first warm up game for NZ this year? Didn't he
The media made a big song and dance about how big a steal the Hopoate deal was last year. Clearing him and replacing him with a league minimum contract leaves you with only a bit of spare change.

Hoppa I could imagine was cheap last year. But this year? I doubt it. And if his contract was registered for 2017 for that amount the NRL should be shot. As if any player of his quality would accept 140k a season let alone for 2.

hindy111

Post Whore
Back to Foran - 2015 - hammy issues- Comes to us with them and then done his shoulder. At the warriors he twinged his hammy first game in warm up.

Not sure how true but I heard his lower back isn't good and that's whats causing it. And will be an ongoing issue.
So his last 2 seasons have given him trouble. Imagine he goes down again this year with hammy? Would you be confident him coming?

Noise

Coach

Please tell me you aren't taking the medias word on this? And can you tell me what the cap is for 2018? They haven't even agreed to a final figure so there is no way in knowing if they are over, and you don't have to finalize your cap till after the season begins. So the dogs (and all clubs) have till about mid 2018 to submit their 2018 squad

hindy111

Post Whore
Id take Kasiano in a heartbeat. He can be devastating. Sure there are better defensive forwards but the best form of defense is attack. Great prop.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Please tell me you aren't taking the medias word on this? And can you tell me what the cap is for 2018? They haven't even agreed to a final figure so there is no way in knowing if they are over, and you don't have to finalize your cap till after the season begins. So the dogs (and all clubs) have till about mid 2018 to submit their 2018 squad

Fair enough the media could be wrong. But they did add approx $1.8 - 2 million to their cap yesterday.