What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Foran is such a top bloke. Initially it was just $1 million if he walked but now it's just $200,000. Thanks Captain!!

He is the worst most diabolical signing in our history. What a garbage individual. Please just f**k off already!

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Foran is such a top bloke. Initially it was just $1 million if he walked but now it's just $200,000. Thanks Captain!!

He is the worst most diabolical signing in our history. What a garbage individual. Please just f**k off already!

he loves you

emjaycee

Coach
Option 1 - we release Foran at the end of July and pay him a severance payout of approx. $200k
Option 2 - we release Foran end of October and pay him $200k from now until then.
Either way, he isn't getting back on the field this year and we would still spend the same amount of money.

With Option 1, IF the NRL give us cap relief we have some money to spend this year and maybe use it to upgrade and extend Norman.
With Option 2 there won't be any cap relief from the NRL so we lose the aforementioned advantage.

It seems that we will definitely not have him next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed there are going to be players outside top 17 that are on more than minimum, but you're missing the point. How is that better cap/squad balance management than minimising the cap excess you have not playing every week?
Because you're going to have to use more than 17 players in a season, and history shows that your 18th 'best' player will play a dozen games or more.

emjaycee

Coach
Because he was injured while playing for us and wouldn't have played again anyway.
His shoulder rehab we would always have paid for.
His other rehab, if we did indeed pay for that, was a decision made when he was still playing for us.
NRL contract season ends 31st October - so we are obliged to pay him till then IMHO.

phantom eel

First Grade
How can we even contemplate paying him until November seeing that he walked out and we earlier paid for his rehab?
FMD, he was injured on the job.... He's indicated he won't be recovered enough to work at his previous capacity (value) for us in the time remaining in his contract (one more year). Good on him for being honest about that and saving us money imo.

The least we could do is pay him for the remainder of the season in which he suffered a season-ending injury (i.e. until October). Remind me never to come and work for you, if your idea of duty of care toward injured employees is not to pay them anything!

And if we make that a bulk payout to Foran with a release now, there may be something else in it for us (cap relief). Either way we still pay the same sum at some point, so why not see if we can make it work better for the club.

phantom eel

First Grade
Amazing how quickly he changed his opinion........
Actually I never changed my opinion... what I said at the time was that a 4 point penalty would be nothing to be worried about, and that this squad could make those points up easily.

People at the time were carrying on like a 4 point penalty would be the end of the world, lol.

phantom eel

First Grade
Personally I would like to hear less chatter about Hayne being an Eel in the very near future, as personally feel he will not be rejoining Parra, hence a lot if disappointed fans, everyone has an opinion regarding his return but has Hayne given any indication he is coming back ?
Agree.

Chipmunk

Coach
Option 1 - we release Foran at the end of July and pay him a severance payout of approx. $200k
Option 2 - we release Foran end of October and pay him $200k from now until then.
Either way, he isn't getting back on the field this year and we would still spend the same amount of money.

With Option 1, IF the NRL give us cap relief we have some money to spend this year and maybe use it to upgrade and extend Norman.
With Option 2 there won't be any cap relief from the NRL so we lose the aforementioned advantage.

Why would you think that a player that the club no longer wants who has formally requested a release would be at the club next season?

Why would you think that a player that the club no longer wants who has formally requested a release would be at the club next season?

Where does emjaycee suggest otherwise? He's just saying that, given that we are likely to release him before 2017, we are better off doing so now coz there is a chance of some cap relief if we do so now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:cool::cool:
Actually I never changed my opinion... what I said at the time was that a 4 point penalty would be nothing to be worried about, and that this squad could make those points up easily.

People at the time were carrying on like a 4 point penalty would be the end of the world, lol.
Keep shifting those goal posts lol, with the way this season has gone will all those injuries those 4 points would have probably cost us a top 8 spot anyway. But but but but no big deal this board have done a fantastic job and only the haters are against them
:cool:

Can't wait to see see how you spin it when your favourite player is in Blue and Gold next season :cool::cool::cool::cool:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you think we will be able to spend as much on players as the Cowboys? It's a stupid comparison, and one you keep trying to make.
Why shouldn't we be able too??? Parramatta is a city in itself and there is no reason we can't match most other clubs in regards to TPA's. You been to Townsville there is an army base a few pubs and f**k all else. We have over a million fans Australia wide and despite sucking forever still rate our arses off on tv. Blaming TPA's is just a lazy way to blame the incompetence of previous boards and management.

Oh and former big faced coaches.......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
:cool::cool:Keep shifting those goal posts lol, with the way this season has gone will all those injuries those 4 points would have probably cost us a top 8 spot anyway. But but but but no big deal this board have done a fantastic job and only the haters are against them

Can't wait to see see how you spin it when your favourite player is in Blue and Gold next season :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Cool.

phantom eel

First Grade
:cool::cool:Keep shifting those goal posts lol, with the way this season has gone will all those injuries those 4 points would have probably cost us a top 8 spot anyway. But but but but no big deal this board have done a fantastic job and only the haters are against them

No shifting mate... like many others - based on info from my sources - I was predicting a 4 point penalty, but feeling calm about it. 4 points would hav ebeen a lot less disruptive than 12 points, no?

And there won't be a need to "spin" if Hayne backtracks to rugby league and signs with us. I'll still have the opinion that he comes across as an egotisitical money hungry "star" who injects himself inconsistently into our regular season games given his share of the salary cap - something I've commented on many times before he left us, and also while he's been away :p

Happy MEel

First Grade

I'm very doubtful that the NRL are going to give us cap relief if we offer Foran a $200k payout (the remaining amount of his base salary). Surely that gets counted towards the cap. We may as well put the prick to work for the remaining few months of his time here. BA said himself that he could use Foran at training to help with kick plans and I'm sure Guth and Robbo could learn something (football-wise) from him. There's also corporate functions, junior development camps, Under 20s training, fan days, school and hospital visits that we could make him do.

If the lazy merkin wants his salary he can earn it....something he hasn't done since he came here.