What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why shouldn't we be able too??? Parramatta is a city in itself and there is no reason we can't match most other clubs in regards to TPA's. You been to Townsville there is an army base a few pubs and f**k all else. We have over a million fans Australia wide and despite sucking forever still rate our arses off on tv. Blaming TPA's is just a lazy way to blame the incompetence of previous boards and management.

Oh and former big faced coaches.......
If we could have we would have. Having wealthy fans (sorry, 'local businesses') willing to give money to players for free has nothing to do with the board.

emjaycee

Coach
Why would you think that a player that the club no longer wants who has formally requested a release would be at the club next season?

I haven't heard the Club say they don't want Foran.
I have heard Foran ask for a release. I have heard the Club say they support Foran's need to get his health sorted, even if that means time away from the game, but I haven't heard them say they don't want him next year.

Have you?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Parramatta continue to strengthen their squad for next season, re-signing forward Rory O’Brien.

The 27-year-old has penned a new one-year-deal with the Eels after making six appearances with the club this season.

O’Brien, who made his NRL debut with St George Illawarra in 2015, is the latest signing for the club, which has bought Manly giant Siosaia Vave for next season.

The Eels are also close to re-signing prop Danny Wicks and hooker Isaac DeGois.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/08118041c89a9b14c5d40855511174a6

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've heard a lot of ignorant fans repeat each other: "He walked out on us!!!"

The story has gotten more melodramatic as it's gone on.

caylo

Bench
If reports are correct and foran seeks a release then yes he has walked out on his contract. Also if he gets any financial reward from walking out on his contract he should be banned from playing at any other club without a release (and possibly fee) from that club for 2017

caylo

Bench
The good thing is Foran has left his mark on the players, this year they are without doubt tougher but I think Norman could take it from here and be successful with a cheaper half option like a Moses or William and Mahlony has done with Townsend

strider

Post Whore
The good thing is Foran has left his mark on the players, this year they are without doubt tougher but I think Norman could take it from here and be successful with a cheaper half option like a Moses or William and Mahlony has done with Townsend
Norman is not tough - he could never take over the role of being the teams tough leader ... he's a whiny girl ... watch the way he carries on when on the field

Don't get me wrong, he's turning into a talented player, but i think we would be barking up the wrong tree expecting him to take over the tough leader role

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No shifting mate... like many others - based on info from my sources - I was predicting a 4 point penalty, but feeling calm about it. 4 points would hav ebeen a lot less disruptive than 12 points, no?

And there won't be a need to "spin" if Hayne backtracks to rugby league and signs with us. I'll still have the opinion that he comes across as an egotisitical money hungry "star" who injects himself inconsistently into our regular season games given his share of the salary cap - something I've commented on many times before he left us, and also while he's been away :p
Your sources are about as good as your football knowledge :cool::cool::cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Foran walked out on us why should he be given anything????

Depends what is in his contract. There was a lot of talk when he signed about some special conditions particularly about BA leaving IIRC.

If its not one of his contract conditions, then yeah,it was his choice to walk away.

IFR33K

Coach
Good to see windscreens only signed for another year. He seriously needs to be a merkin with the ball in hand. Could turn into a decent bench option.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
O'Brien and IDG it's very exciting.......

Good to see Wicks get another deal he has worked his ring off for us this year.

caylo

Bench
Strider I agree but he has improved in leaps and bounds. My concern regarding Hayne is a whinger as well, not that I wouldn't be happy for him to come back (terrible English a double negative).
Hopefully it's good enough next year because the longer this foran thing goes on the worse for us I would say

Happy MEel

First Grade
I've heard a lot of ignorant fans repeat each other: "He walked out on us!!!"

The story has gotten more melodramatic as it's gone on.

I don't have a problem whatsoever with Foran "walking out on us". It would be a mutually beneficial outcome. Foran gets a fresh start at a new club without the added pressure of being the eels number 7 and we free up salary cap.

What I do have a problem with is Foran holding us to ransom over it and if this is true he should be exposed for the greedy merkin he is.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not fussed on O'Brien as a player but he'll be like 6th cab off the rank so we probably wouldn't improve on him much for the same money.

Hooker is a massive issue.

Latest posts