What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How can you dismiss over half a season of footy?
Because comparing them in the same team was more useful.
Granted he was playing with different players at the Eels but you could argue that Brooks and Moses playing on either side of the field would be creating LBAs with separate players as well. Moses was also playing for a club that pretty much told him he wasn’t wanted. I’m sure that affected his form.
This was from their debuts in 2014 through 2016. It was a fair sample size. I also compared Corey Norman and Josh Reynolds over the same period. I’ll try and find it.

I also don’t believe Moses was ever told he wasn’t wanted. They made an offer, and tried to stop him leaving early.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Didnt they withdraw their offer?
They did after Moses made it clear he didn't want to re-sign and Brooks agreed to terms. It doesn't mean he wasn't wanted, just that they had a certain amount they were willing to pay for one of the two young halves, and the first one to take the offer meant the other halves spot needed to be re-prioritised for a cheaper player.

Him saying he wasn't wanted after refusing to accept their offer was weak as piss.

hindy111

Post Whore
With the cap now $9 million or so, the average wage is $300k (with a 30 man squad). Obviously plenty of players are on more and less.

However it does indicate a definite top 17 player would probably be on something around that amount.

Evans isnt a fringe player, I say he is a good quality NRL player.

Most clubs have 4 or 5 guys who between them would average 800k. I reckon there also be 6 guys in top 30 on the min or close to off about 100k.
That leave about 20 guys who could take up average ot 387k. Obviously some would be on 600 and others on 250. Evans so far in career is a top 17 nrl player who isnt a big part of the team. He has the potential to be very good but at mkment just average. He also known to give away stack of penatlies.

Most clubs have 4 or 5 guys who between them would average 800k. I reckon there also be 6 guys in top 30 on the min or close to off about 100k.
That leave about 20 guys who could take up average ot 387k. Obviously some would be on 600 and others on 250. Evans so far in career is a top 17 nrl player who isnt a big part of the team. He has the potential to be very good but at mkment just average. He also known to give away stack of penatlies.
Nek mkment....

hindy111

Post Whore
Not for the money they are on I wouldn’t.

Me either....I am expecting Merrin to be very good this year though.

Both have played for NSW and AUS though. Evans at present is a bench player in the NRL. 400k is about max I would of paid.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Me either....I am expecting Merrin to be very good this year though.

Both have played for NSW and AUS though. Evans at present is a bench player in the NRL. 400k is about max I would of paid.
Well they are on both double that and are past their best. I know who got the better deal and once again it wasn’t your hero Gus.

Well they are on both double that and are past their best. I know who got the better deal and once again it wasn’t your hero Gus.

Someone should collect all these blokes with girls' names and put a team together. Though I've only got Merrin, that bloke called Erin who played for the Warriors, and Kylie Leuluai, and JMH. I guess Darren Treacy was close.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt Tamou or Merrin are on $800k. I reckon the most they could’ve gotten last time they were off contract was about $600k, which Penrith obviously paid. Probably overs, but not by much.

I wouldn’t say they are past their best either. Tamou is 30 this year and Merrin isn’t even 29 yet. They are at their peak, at least for another year or two.

emjaycee

Coach
Someone should collect all these blokes with girls' names and put a team together. Though I've only got Merrin, that bloke called Erin who played for the Warriors, and Kylie Leuluai, and JMH. I guess Darren Treacy was close.
There are a few Jesse's, Jordan's and a Nikola, Francis, Jazz, Ava, Ashley and Morgan all running around so close to a full team for sure.

Maybe we should sign them for the WNRL squad we are not putting together.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I doubt Tamou or Merrin are on $800k. I reckon the most they could’ve gotten last time they were off contract was about $600k, which Penrith obviously paid. Probably overs, but not by much.

I wouldn’t say they are past their best either. Tamou is 30 this year and Merrin isn’t even 29 yet. They are at their peak, at least for another year or two.
Tamou is on at least 800k, Merrin would be close to that as well. Maybe with 3rd party who knows but both are on a lot more than they have delivered. Especially Tamou.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tamou is on at least 800k, Merrin would be close to that as well. Maybe with 3rd party who knows but both are on a lot more than they have delivered. Especially Tamou.
There is no mechanism that would’ve forced Penrith to pay that much. Every club wants to sign players as cheap as possible, including the shit clubs.

Penrith have a strong squad, for a second straight year. They must be managing their cap well.

Latest posts