What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Let’s hope sanity prevails and we keep Norman. If so, I reckon we’re a chance of finals footy

I guess the other clubs looking for a half are Manly (and he seems to have a bunch of mates there), Dogs and the Knights. Hopefully manly and the dogs can’t afford him and Knights do the stupid thing and move Ponga to 6.
Possibly the Cowboys or Broncos?

Happy MEel

First Grade
I guess the other clubs looking for a half are Manly (and he seems to have a bunch of mates there), Dogs and the Knights. Hopefully manly and the dogs can’t afford him and Knights do the stupid thing and move Ponga to 6.
Possibly the Cowboys or Broncos?
Yeah cowboys/Broncos could be a problem.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“Brock Lamb’s future at the Newcastle Knights has been the centre of plenty of conjecture this season following the club’s recruitment of Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson.

His management rejected an informal one year $250,000 offer from the Knights a couple of games into the season to chase bigger riches and a greater opportunity elsewhere but after he was denied a mid-season release to join Manly, the interest in him dried up with the Eels pulling a $105,000 one year deal a few weeks back.”

https://www.theherald.com.au/sport/...amb-about-to-become-cooper-cronks-understudy/

Interesting offer made by us (obviously if it is true), considering the criticism BA received for considering Lamb. In my opinion shows BA and co aren’t making stupid decisions!

Anyhow I reckon the offer was pulled as Brown has show in his performances in NSW cup he can be a genuine back up option next year. Additionally it looks like Norman is staying.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People whinge that we pay overs but I'd say the lack of recruitment, plus rumours like this, are indicators that we won't offer more than we think a player is worth.

Personally, I think Lamb is worth at least $105k, though obviously more as a fringe first grader (i.e. a realistic chance of making it into the top 17). At our club that's not the case but it probably would be at some other club.

Gazzamatta

Coach
People whinge that we pay overs but I'd say the lack of recruitment, plus rumours like this, are indicators that we won't offer more than we think a player is worth.

Personally, I think Lamb is worth at least $105k, though obviously more as a fringe first grader (i.e. a realistic chance of making it into the top 17). At our club that's not the case but it probably would be at some other club.
Story today indicates our offer to Lane is better than he was offered at Manly though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Story today indicates our offer to Lane is better than he was offered at Manly though.
If it wasn't we wouldn't have got him. Just because we're not offering overs doesn't mean we're offering unders. Manly might've offered unders here. Or they might've offered exactly what he was worth to them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If it wasn't we wouldn't have got him. Just because we're not offering overs doesn't mean we're offering unders. Manly might've offered unders here. Or they might've offered exactly what he was worth to them.
What ever the deal, I like him. I reckon he'll be a goodun.

Latest posts