What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
This should up our average pack age in 2023 if jnr resigns and we get sims

13 nrown
12 simms
10 rcg
9 Hodgson
8 jnr

eels_fan

First Grade
Don’t mind the Hodgson signing. Hopefully a gentleman’s agreement was made however that any further knee injuries will see him medically retire. If we got him for $350k I think it’s a win from an experience point of view.

if Canberra will pay half for 2022 I’d take him now.

gReed Money has done his dash with me

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it does smell of desperation. Losing good young talent. Letting guys like Stefano go, Papa,Mahoney.
Bringing in the pensioners. I hope its just due to some excellent juniors about to bust onto the scene. I hope we haven't paid over for old men and will lose even more good kids.
Do you not think we need more experience in the squad? The only 200 game player we had this year was Ferguson and he's gone. We would have the least experienced leadership group in the NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When we don’t re-sign Paulo it’s because he’s going to be past it in a few years. When we sign old man Hodgson it’s because he’s experienced.

When we don’t re-sign Mahoney it’s because he has shoulder issues which might hamper his career. Then we sign Hodgson who has knee issues and it doesn’t matter even though that’s one of the reasons why the Raiders are fine with him leaving.

There are mental gymnastics for all positions.
Yes It Is GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm also a little surprised about the Tariq Sims interest. I know people at Saints and earlier this year they were going to drop him before he made Origin. He will not be coming for small money either. Surely signing Ice and giving him close to the $600K mark would have been the better bet?

I'm all for experience but you'd want to bank on these younger backrowers like Luca Moretti stepping up once players like Sims move on.

Smells of panic buying to me.
Stop being so negative all the time you negative prick, try to be more optimistic like me and Pou FFS!!

Noise

Coach
Do you not think we need more experience in the squad? The only 200 game player we had this year was Ferguson and he's gone. We would have the least experienced leadership group in the NRL.
How many 200 game players do the Panthers have? I can’t imagine it would be too many.

And would there leadership group of say;
Cleary, JFH, Yeo, Korisau, Leota and Luai have that much more NRL experience than;
Gutho, Moses, RCG, Paulo, N Brown and Matterson?

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Listening to vossy on SEN this morning.

Feedback isnt great on the hodgson signing

Reckon there has been about 10 text messages sent through already from Parramatta fans either unhappy or just taking the mickey out of the club's recruitment policy that we must be building an age care home outside the stadium.

Gronk

Staff member

Reckon there has been about 10 text messages sent through already from Parramatta fans either unhappy or just taking the mickey out of the club's recruitment policy that we must be building an age care home outside the stadium.
Wow ten txt messages.

the stadium IS the age care home