What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I also have an exciting half time idea

A good old fashioned foot race between Harper and Dunster.
Get them to line up under the posts and sprint to the other end of the field and back again - Offiah vs Oudenryn style (but with a 2nd lap)

The only problem is that half time may not be long enough for either bloke to finish?
Isnt half time only 10 mins long?

DaveMc

Juniors
How does a mutual option work? Does player and club have to take the option or either?
I understand that either can activate it. In practical terms, the club option will usually be at a higher rate than the player option, given who carries the risk in each scenario. But my understanding is that it doesn’t require both to take it up, though both will be bound if activated by either.

Gronk

Staff member
I understand that either can activate it. In practical terms, the club option will usually be at a higher rate than the player option, given who carries the risk in each scenario. But my understanding is that it doesn’t require both to take it up, though both will be bound if activated by either.
No, a mutual option can be structured many ways. People are assuming that mutual options now look like the model that Josh Hodgson had with a higher / lower consideration. That is one form, however I would say that the most common mutual option is where both parties need to agree for there to be a desire to extend. Indeed if you look at the NRL chunk below, it kinda infers that.

1711343943521.png

DaveMc

Juniors
No, a mutual option can be structured many ways. People are assuming that mutual options now look like the model that Josh Hodgson had with a higher / lower consideration. That is one form, however I would say that the most common mutual option is where both parties need to agree for there to be a desire to extend. Indeed if you look at the NRL chunk below, it kinda infers that.

View attachment 85634
Ah ok, I was definitely thinking of the Hodgson situation specifically haha.

JokerEel

Coach

View attachment 85634

Fairy Sure we have to be already speaking to him now to upgrade him.. 5 years now ffs

hindy111

Post Whore
I have a feeling that Blaize will hold down his spot in the centres and that Sivo will just replace Harper on the wing.

Simonsson will be on the bench or 18th man.

Simmonson will walk back in the side. Id be happy to persist the Blaze but they won't. At this stage Simmonson is safer option. Come rnd 20 however Blaze may of overtaken him

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Simmo is ahead of Sivo.

Let's see this week? I'd guess Blaize keeps his spot.

Even if we want to develop him at FB, it makes sense to play him center for this year, let him get up to speed with the NRL.

But yeah - we desperately need a FG quality winger for that left side. No sense fiddling through the backups of Simmo Sivo and Harper. They will all let us down in their own ways.

No way. Sivo is a rock under the high ball. Simmonson a centre or nothing.

Glenneel

Bench
I have a feeling that Blaize will hold down his spot in the centres and that Sivo will just replace Harper on the wing.

Simonsson will be on the bench or 18th man.
Think Simonsson and Sivo come into team and Blaize out. He had a good debut with a few errors and a real highlight of scoring a try and my favourite moment when he flattened Turbo in doing so. We now have another back we can use and he'll get better over time but in NSW Cup atm.

dazeely

First Grade
No way. Sivo is a rock under the high ball. Simmonson a centre or nothing.
Agree re simmonson but think harper is a centre or nothing also.

Sivo and simmonson back in.

Simmonson has some competition imo. Blaize 1st then harper 2nd.

Wish we had better competition for winger (sivo)

King-Gutho94

Coach
If the club doesn't get off their arses and sign Blaize for longer we could lose him at end of this year.
The R&R committee decided to give a 18 year old who hadn't played an option in his favour.

So it's up to Blaize to decide if he wants to take it up or the club will have to offer him more security/money to extend past 2025.