What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
So tiresome, so much wasted energy repeating the same narrative. Been involved in rugby league for along, long time and if you don’t win the forward battle , you can’t win. Even Gibson had to find muscle in the middle , and that was with the backline of the 80s.

One coach calls it chasing the collision, and you can’t help yourself. Why do you think Uncle Wayne played the Burgesses and smashed it up the middle, same idea . Find another way to complain and whinge, then again that wouldn’t be you 🤔
Agreed. I think also "chasing the collision" applies to defence as well. You move up and hit them in numbers to cease momentum, rather than be passive and wait for them to run into you / over you.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What sort of rug are we talking about? The kind a bald man wears on his head? Better not be, or there'll be hell toupee
very good GIF

amitropo

Juniors
The fact we now have an old man as our hooker untill the end of 2025 suggest we do not rate Hands or Schneider highly.
Or Hodgson is the style of player we needed but never available and now can offer a year or 2 with mentoring the above mentioned?

amitropo

Juniors
If we can have Canberra paying half his wages in 2022 I'd be looking at having Hodgson now and boning Mahoney to the Dogs immediately.

I just can't stand the little turncoat and don't want him polluting our new fantastic looking jersey and his bullshit passion for our club.

Just f**k off.
I have that feeling that Eels, dogs and Canberra doing deals and waiting for all to fall into place. Starts with Cotric.
Release Mahoney, get Hodgson and simmonsen now. Leaves us with Hodgson, let it Rein, Roche and for desperate times rankin and Stone

84 Baby

Referee
Agreed. I think also "chasing the collision" applies to defence as well. You move up and hit them in numbers to cease momentum, rather than be passive and wait for them to run into you / over you.
Chasing the collision is about mindset. Knowing league is an intense physical contact sport, it’s about preparation and embracing the fact you’re going to getting f**ken poleaxed.

Noise

Coach
Do you not think we need more experience in the squad? The only 200 game player we had this year was Ferguson and he's gone. We would have the least experienced leadership group in the NRL.
NRL experience

Parra: Gutho 139, Moses 172, RCG 155, Paulo 177, Matto 120. Total: 763 games

Penrith: Cleary 120, JFH 134, Yeo 173, Leota 105, Luai 65. Total: 597 games

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eels fans unhappy with a signing? That is unheard of!!!
Not unhappy but puzzled. Did Ennis say to BA that we need the effect he had on the Sharks at the back end of his career?

So many questions. Is BA scared of that time when we had De Gois out and Kaysa as the only hooker when Mahoney was coming through? like Why?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
interesting that Hodgson/Simonsson have been announced, but Rein hasn’t.

TCT haven’t made any mention of Rein at training (not that means he isn’t there)…..and he isn’t in any training photos…

So has he signed? Or even training?