What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Im sure you are 100% correct Pou and like I said after 62 games in 5 seasons, Morgan Harper is clearly on his way to being an immortal. I truly, madly deeply genuinely (please God) hope that Parra have a plan for Zac Cini and find away to cement a place in the Parramatta first grade team for many years to come, but Zac has it all uphill with a future hall of famer in front of him.

heres hoping it works out for all of you.....Ill be watching.

edit: FWIW I also hope you find a way to keep Morgan Harper in first grade for years to come.

You wrote all that just after being proven wrong about them blocking a players path to first grade..

That's dedication

King-Gutho94

Coach
Im sure you are 100% correct Pou and like I said after 62 games in 5 seasons, Morgan Harper is clearly on his way to being an immortal. I truly, madly deeply genuinely (please God) hope that Parra have a plan for Zac Cini and find away to cement a place in the Parramatta first grade team for many years to come, but Zac has it all uphill with a future hall of famer in front of him.

edit: FWIW I also hope you find a way to keep Morgan Harper in first grade for years to come.
Haha Morgs is a queensland immortal for life after his display against Talakai a few years back that convinced Freddy to pick Talakai for Origin over Jack Wighton on 40 mins of football.

At least with Zac he hasn't played a FG game yet for Parra. He may be stranded as a Wests Tigers first-grader only.

The clock is ticking just 17 games left this year to see if he will ever play a First Grade for the Blue & Golds. And it seems Blaize has jumped in the queue.

Tick, Tock, Tick Tock

Gronk

Staff member
Haha Morgs is a queensland immortal for life after his display against Talakai a few years back that convinced Freddy to pick Talakai for Origin over Jack Wighton on 40 mins of football.
Let that be the prime example of how the NRL media influence SOO team selections. NRL360 et al had absolute boners for Talaki after that dust up and he has been MIA ever since.

Tiger5150

Bench
You wrote all that just after being proven wrong about them blocking a players path to first grade..

That's dedication
FFS you Parra merkins can be a bit dim and dull....its a JOKE!

Hate to break it to you, but Zac Cini is not a world beater, he is not a first grader. He is a good bloke, big heart, big effort, just not a first grade player. Someone made a joke here that he is and that I will be wanting him back at the Tigers soon. I got the joke, and in the spirit of it played along that his path was blocked by the legend that is Morgan Harper.....

The irony that someone called JokerEel has no sense of humour is delicious.

For the record, and for those of you that are bereft of mirth such your self and Pou, I would like it to be known....once and for all....in all seriousness.....that I believe that Zac Cini's path to first grade is not being blocked by anything or anyone other than his own lack of talent and secondly, that Morgan Harper is not and should not ever be blocking the transition of anybody ever (and yet still gets selected).

Clear enough? Sorry I used a lot of words, reading is hard isnt it?

lingard

Coach
Seriously, I green-listed this site on the adblocker at least 18 months ago, but it still never allowed me 'like' a post and viewing attachments like team lists resulted in an error message. I deleted cookies, flushed the DNS cache, logged out, did all the usual to no avail. Some time in the last 2 hours, the option to like a post returned. I did nuthin; So that's why I asked whether someone at your end tweaked something. Could just be karma.
It's probably karma. I think 'liking posts' is
discussed in the Bhagavad Gita.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He’ll be competing with Lomax for a spot.

JokerEel

Coach
FFS you Parra merkins can be a bit dim and dull....its a JOKE!

Hate to break it to you, but Zac Cini is not a world beater, he is not a first grader. He is a good bloke, big heart, big effort, just not a first grade player. Someone made a joke here that he is and that I will be wanting him back at the Tigers soon. I got the joke, and in the spirit of it played along that his path was blocked by the legend that is Morgan Harper.....

The irony that someone called JokerEel has no sense of humour is delicious.

For the record, and for those of you that are bereft of mirth such your self and Pou, I would like it to be known....once and for all....in all seriousness.....that I believe that Zac Cini's path to first grade is not being blocked by anything or anyone other than his own lack of talent and secondly, that Morgan Harper is not and should not ever be blocking the transition of anybody ever (and yet still gets selected).

Clear enough? Sorry I used a lot of words, reading is hard isnt it?

More dedication for being proven wrong you can really double down.

Or is this post also a joke?
Are you sure which is a joke or have you flip flopped that much you are confused 🤔

Tiger5150

Bench
More dedication for being proven wrong you can really double down.

Or is this post also a joke?
Are you sure which is a joke or have you flip flopped that much you are confused 🤔

Dammit you got me Joker.

Yep you caught me. I genuinely thought that the reason that Zac Cini wasnt in first grade was that Morgan Harper was blocking his path, but Pou in his wise and erudite way proved me wrong and put me in my place. Then in desperation to "fit in" with the rest of you and be one of the boys I concocted an elaborate ruse that I was only "joking" and that in fact was passing off the ridiculous scenario where Morgan Harper was not in fact a spectacularly talented first grader and that it would be "funny" to suggest that a particularly average reserve grade player was being blocked by another average reserve grader.

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you kids......

(Im guessing that the "joker" in your name has more to do with being a desperately lonely misfit wearing makeup living with his mother than being a funny merkin?)

JokerEel

Coach
Dammit you got me Joker.

Yep you caught me. I genuinely thought that the reason that Zac Cini wasnt in first grade was that Morgan Harper was blocking his path, but Pou in his wise and erudite way proved me wrong and put me in my place. Then in desperation to "fit in" with the rest of you and be one of the boys I concocted an elaborate ruse that I was only "joking" and that in fact was passing off the ridiculous scenario where Morgan Harper was not in fact a spectacularly talented first grader and that it would be "funny" to suggest that a particularly average reserve grade player was being blocked by another average reserve grader.

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you kids......

(Im guessing that the "joker" in your name has more to do with being a desperately lonely misfit wearing makeup living with his mother than being a funny merkin?)

Are you fishing yet or haven't got around to that excuse yet?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Talakai is one of the most dangerous edge runners in the NRL. His tackle breaks and LBAs are huge every year. You could argue it shouldn’t be enough to get picked in Origin but it wasn’t just based on 40 minutes.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I was talking about the whole Talakai/Harper thing with a mate at work who’s a big Moanly supporter. He said to me, do you remember Harper’s game the week after that? Obviously I said no because I wouldn’t have a clue about Manly… he said he blitzed it. Played out of his skin. Also mentioned how he came back early from Covid for that Sharks game trying to do the right thing for the team, which obviously didn’t work out.

I’ve no idea on the accuracy of it, but it does show how the media portrays something and fans and even so called experts can’t really see past it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let that be the prime example of how the NRL media influence SOO team selections. NRL360 et al had absolute boners for Talaki after that dust up and he has been MIA ever since.
Yep Freddy picking Talakai over Wighton was peak NSW really when it comes to Origin.

We truly have no idea what Origin stands for when it comes to selecting sides at certain times.

Talakai as you say was getting praised deluxe for 40 mins of football and all of sudden was everyone's favourite love-child in the media.

On the other hand you have Jack Wighton as tough as nails who would scrap over a bone missed a game because of Covid then gets left out of the decider for Talakai who might be big and strong but has doesn't possess the Origin traits and qualities that Wighton does. And crumbled like a broken ice cube.

QLD would have been giggling to themselves we could be that stupid.

Gazzamatta

Coach

At least with Zac he hasn't played a FG game yet for Parra. He may be stranded as a Wests Tigers first-grader only.

The clock is ticking just 17 games left this year to see if he will ever play a First Grade for the Blue & Golds. And it seems Blaize has jumped in the queue.

Tick, Tock, Tick Tock
Nobody doubts Zacs attacking skills. Hes definitely better than Harper and Russell and probably no worse than Simmonson. Its agreed that his D is holding him back yet we've seen some horrible wing and centre defence from every player rated better than him. Zac played in the trial last year and was terrific. Im disappointed he hasnt at least had the chance to play with better players. Maybe hes a sh*t trainer.

84 Baby

Referee
I was talking about the whole Talakai/Harper thing with a mate at work who’s a big Moanly supporter. He said to me, do you remember Harper’s game the week after that? Obviously I said no because I wouldn’t have a clue about Manly… he said he blitzed it. Played out of his skin. Also mentioned how he came back early from Covid for that Sharks game trying to do the right thing for the team, which obviously didn’t work out.

I’ve no idea on the accuracy of it, but it does show how the media portrays something and fans and even so called experts can’t really see past it.
Yep rugba leeg fans are Ricky Bobby. Either a player/coach/team are the bestest or the shittest. There’s no middle ground

Noise

Coach
Out of the all the first grade centres who have played majority of games this year, who is shitter than Harper? There can’t be too many.