What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I understand. But it would count against cap so if Lussicks on 250k he costs 300k.
He isn't NRL level.
I think he's definitely NRL level. He's as good as Mitch Kenny but is far more isolated during games. Against Manly, Kenny looked like a weak link as well. Every hooker does when their team gets belted. Just like how wingers all look like guns when their team racks up a big score.
Priorities for 2025 must be hooker unless its BOODS time. If he can bulk up he is going to be better the Lussick who is the worse hooker I've seen for us ever.

We still need backs. And if we can get rid of Matterson or Lane we need an edge forward who can bust the line.

If we are unable to get rid of a few of the forwards I mentioned earlier id say it will get worse before it gets better.
Agreed. Big, experienced forwards were the best in 2016 when the game was slower, but since Covid the game favours lightweight toilers. Powerful outside backs were always valuable, but they are the front rowers now - Penisini was our best player last night. However demand means they are very expensive.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I think he's definitely NRL level. He's as good as Mitch Kenny but is far more isolated during games. Against Manly, Kenny looked like a weak link as well. Every hooker does when their team gets belted. Just like how wingers all look like guns when their team racks up a big score.

Priorities for 2025 must be hooker unless its BOODS time. If he can bulk up he is going to be better the Lussick who is the worse hooker I've seen for us ever.

We still need backs. And if we can get rid of Matterson or Lane we need an edge forward who can bust the line.

If we are unable to get rid of a few of the forwards I mentioned earlier id say it will get worse before it gets better.
Agreed. Big, experienced forwards were the best in 2016 when the game was slower, but since Covid the game favours lightweight toilers. Powerful outside backs were always valuable, but they are the front rowers now - Penisini was our best player last night. However demand means they are very expensive.
[/QUOTE]

But we extended these forwards in 2022 well after Covid

Mitch Kenny is not elite but miles above Lussick. Faster,Stronger and a better defender

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Y

Yep - and can’t afford to replace a clearly struggling and out of ideas coach.

you are spot on as always

we don’t have enough information to know if Brad Arthur should stay as coach - 16 or 17 results like last night and we might have enough evidence? Or maybe if one of the players comes out and says he should go?
The test of the coach is how the team responds to results like last night's. We have been hammered in Darwin before, and the conditions obviously suited the Dolphins' pack better than ours. After thirty minutes our guys were very plod in defence but we were still in front at the break. You'd think after 137 NRL wins that Arthur's would know what to say with a halftime lead.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The test of the coach is how the team responds to results like last night's. We have been hammered in Darwin before, and the conditions obviously suited the Dolphins' pack better than ours. After thirty minutes our guys were very plod in defence but we were still in front at the break. You'd think after 137 NRL wins that Arthur's would know what to say with a halftime lead.
You'd expect he would know what to say

And literally the message coming out was "doesn't look like many points will be scored"

Maybe his half time adjustments aren't what got him 137NRL wins?

Legal Eel

Juniors
Firstly, the response as a test was last night - we were only one game removed from the debacle in Canberra! So test failed.

secondly, you WOULD think Arthur would know what to say at half time, but again you are right…after 260+ games and 137 wins he still has no idea how to right this ship.

Keep those excuses and fallacies coming though….

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
and how long ago was that ?
Does it matter? That's when we decided to sign him. That was all the data we had at the time ffs
Thats a pretty poor excuse for playing him in Cup now
Excuse has nothing to do with it. If he's not playing the highest grade in which he has previously performed well, he has either declined since age 21 or he is being pushed out of the club.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Honestly, as much as I have had enough of this plodding coach, I have heard more than enough of the apologist excuses…I know I am giving you exactly what you want by saying this, but the coach’s position is untenable and even someone as deliberately obtuse as you must admit this!

Now, time for you to self-flagellate whilst you stand up to the forces of evil….

Avenger

Immortal
Honestly, as much as I have had enough of this plodding coach, I have heard more than enough of the apologist excuses…I know I am giving you exactly what you want by saying this, but the coach’s position is untenable and even someone as deliberately obtuse as you must admit this!

Now, time for you to self-flagellate whilst you stand up to the forces of evil….
He's eaten his pancakes with a toothpick and now our resident troll is ready for the weekend.

T-Boon

Coach
I think if a kick from within your own half goes between the uprights and below the cross bar it should be 3 points.
The full back should have to be right back covering like a goalie.
That is a great rule change idea.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You'd have to say the Roosters are fairly well resourced, doesn't stop them taking the cash to play in places like Gosford and Adelaide.

We are well resourced too.

Look at our financials. They are good. We don't NEED the Darwin game (look at the surplus the years we have been going). It is smart marketing, but I wonder why we don't refuse to play QLD teams there? Insist on the teams which draw poorly in Parramatta, and might also have troubles in the heat

*edit
We have actually ONLY lost to QLD teams in Darwin.
Unbeated against anyone else (2-0 vs the Raiders).
Also, scheduling is an issue. Put the game in July - coolest month with no rain and probably fits better with the tourism NT expectations (that is when they want people going up there)

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But we extended these forwards in 2022 well after Covid
And like you said, we shouldn't have. But these were our leaders and we had just made the finals for a fourth straight year. We hadn't done that since 2002. The leadership group is a big part of the team's culture. Getting rid of them can tank a competitive group as much as keeping them a year too long can.
Mitch Kenny is not elite but miles above Lussick. Faster,Stronger and a better defender
But doesn't do as much. He makes fewer tackles and misses more often.