What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
To be fair, everyone does. What people seem to differ on, is the solutions to the problems.

It's very easy to sack everyone and post and repost the same thing every day or week, but as the 26th POTUS once said "Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining."

So, what is the solution ? If you go through these forums there must be 50 options from 50 experts. They all start with sacking someone, but the solutions seem to be scatter gun.

I am not adverse to the Wayne Bennett appointment, which is the solution de jour, but is he prepared for the impatience of our fans and are our fans prepared to be patient for change to give effect ?
I get what you are saying, but when does it end with this guy? 12 years? 15 years? Get real mate. Imagine BA is the Liberal Party.

Can you see where we are coming from?

oldmancraigy

Coach
He walked toward me in Centennial Park the other week. School sport meant that the park was full of touch football players and parents. He was walking towards me and I looked up and thought hey that’s whatshisface. His look back to me was “I am going to rip your head off and shit down your neck f**ker”. Dude it was 8am on Saturday morning. Get a coffee FFS.

That was actually Rammy - he and Madge bear an uncanny resemblance.

He knew it was you

JokerEel

Coach
I get what you are saying, but when does it end with this guy? 12 years? 15 years? Get real mate. Imagine BA is the Liberal Party.

You must think a coach at a club for that long must be happy with the way the recruiting and development is going..

If he wasn't happy with how it was going he would have either raised that issue or left the club...

From a fans view the recruiting and developing is terrible

Avenger

Immortal
You must think a coach at a club for that long must be happy with the way the recruiting and development is going..

If he wasn't happy with how it was going he would have either raised that issue or left the club...

From a fans view the recruiting and developing is terrible
You need to question the type of leader he is for putting up with this set up. Or is he just desperate because unemployment is pending?

eels_fan

First Grade
CLUBS HUNGRY FOR ANGUS

Former Origin and Kangaroos forward Angus Crichton has been one of the Roosters better and more consistent players this year.

His form has attracted the interest of rival clubs, including St George-Illawarra. There’s also a whisper the Parramatta Eels might be interested.

There has also been interest from French rugby union, although there has been no concrete offer.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I am not adverse to the Wayne Bennett appointment, which is the solution de jour, but is he prepared for the impatience of our fans and are our fans prepared to be patient for change to give effect ?

But so you think we might be patient enough to see what Bennett delivers over a 3 year period?

My perception (could be wrong) is that current frustration is around a coach in his 12th year who has made the finals just 5 times, and appears out of answers as to the regression from the GF. And whose defensive structures are questionable and haven't changed.

We are a club of significant means, have an enormous fan base, and a stacked roster which is at least good enough to be top 8.

Avenger

Immortal
CLUBS HUNGRY FOR ANGUS

Former Origin and Kangaroos forward Angus Crichton has been one of the Roosters better and more consistent players this year.

His form has attracted the interest of rival clubs, including St George-Illawarra. There’s also a whisper the Parramatta Eels might be interested.

There has also been interest from French rugby union, although there has been no concrete offer.

I'd take him and release both Lane and Matterson. Problem is nobody will take these overpriced has beens.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it possible coaching IS the problem?
If he couldn’t coach he wouldn’t have won so many games, so IMO it’s not possible that coaching is the problem. That doesn’t mean there aren’t better coaches out there. We could have better coaching than we’ve got and I doubt this squad would perform noticeably better.

But even if it was ‘possible’, is that enough confirmation to throw him under the bus? Wouldn’t it be better if it was confirmed as the reason?

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
If he couldn’t coach he wouldn’t have won so many games, so IMO it’s not possible that coaching is the problem. That doesn’t mean there aren’t better coaches out there. We could have better coaching than we’ve got and I doubt this squad would perform noticeably better.

But even if it was ‘possible’, is that enough confirmation to throw him under the bus? Wouldn’t it be better if it was confirmed as the reason?
So you are saying that this squad is performing at the highest of its ability??

I'm done with this nutcase. I never thought I would put anyone on ignore, but I can't read this crap anymore. You need psychiatric help.

oldmancraigy

Coach

You are totally weird.

You say every loss is the coach's fault, and yet coaching isn't the problem

Talk about captain troll.

Unless instead you are a hypocrite and put words in people's mouths?

Gronk

Staff member

I am unsure why you are doing this. You’re replying to something I have not said. What did I say that you are telling me to get real about ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You really have no idea about rugby league at all. I doubt you have ever coached at any level yourself, let alone been involved in the game in any way.

serious question: do you express these trolling opinions about the coach in public when people can see your face and know your name?
People are dumb IRL as well. They want scapegoats for everything. You can't have a rational discussion about emotional topics in real life so I don't bother. I save it for the internet.
i only ask because I talk to a lot of people about parramatta and I am yet to come across ANYONE in real life who thinks Brad Arthur shouldn’t be sacked
This is why I prefer to discuss the Eels with non-Parra fans, for this reason. They are far more likely to be rational, unless they actively hate the Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
But so you think we might be patient enough to see what Bennett delivers over a 3 year period?
Who knows. Most fans woukd want to see improvement acroos the grade, recruiting and attitude on NRL. On here they judge a little more harshly.
My perception (could be wrong) is that current frustration is around a coach in his 12th year who has made the finals just 5 times, and appears out of answers as to the regression from the GF. And whose defensive structures are questionable and haven't changed.

We are a club of significant means, have an enormous fan base, and a stacked roster which is at least good enough to be top 8
Sure, everyone can see that. But whining about it like everyone does on here, is like a greek mother telling her 27yo daughter that she should be married by now - every frigging day.

Solutions are much harder to find. What is easy is for me to predict that nobody on here will agree on what needs to to be done and when it is done, merkins will whinge about it.

Doing nothing is not not likely by a board full of successful movers and shakers like ours , so interesting times ahead. They won’t be sitting on their hands after those Tigers, Raiders, Fins games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ernest p worrell school GIF

Latest posts