What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
if parra don't get Bennett what other coach should we chase when BA gets the punt
Only man for the job
GettyImages-1136102268-1-755x515.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
But it hasn’t really worked. That’s my point.
I am not sure where the reason lies for us not having the outside back depth we are all looking for. Is it in what BA has asked for, is it in MONs inability to secure it, is it in the salary cap limitations imposed by the Board/not having TPAs - there are lots of potential reasons and none of us are close enough to understand the real reason.

Tiger5150

Bench
I also think Alex McKinnon getting injured destroyed that club on top of other issues.

But McKinnon got injured in Round 2 or 3 in 2014 the knights werent the same after that and Wayne knew it was best to get out.
i think little Wayne was the start of the issues in Newcastle

Eelementary

Post Whore
He is another overrated junior that can’t tackle. I once spoke to a coach and he advised me that their capability in defence is the first thing they look at. That’s why Hayne, Lyon and Dylan Brown made it and players like Kris Keating, Michael Witt and Docker Clay didn’t.

And he doesn't even do enough with the ball to make up for his putrid defence.

If he was a freak running the ball, or kicking, or passing, then you could make an argument to carry him in your side.

He scored a great try against Manly, by steamrolling Trbojevic, but that's pretty much all he's done.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We’d be very brave, crazy, or desperate to try that.
He’d have to be just as brave, crazy, or desperate to try it without changes to the club and roster happening first.
I dont think its as Crazy as people think.

I think Cheik is a great fit for our club that would bring in sponsorship & massive interest to the club straight away and would put us on the map world-wide.

He has a relationship & backing of Mitchell Moses to become an NRL Head Coach. That connection will be benfiecal to mending any sort of issues of the new coach as Moses is the man to lead us forward for the next 5 years.

He is a self made businessman outside of coaching and a very smart man forget the fact he played/coach Rugby - Cheik loves his rugby league and would know the tactics involved.

He won a super rugby with the Waratahs, Its a waste of time looking at his record with the Wallabies they are a bigger lost cause then this mob.

He was an assistant to Robbo for 12 months at the chooks and coached the Lebanon team at the world cup while juggling the Argentina union side.

And more importantly he is great man-manager he wont take any shit from anybody and would stand up for the club if we were ever wronged by officials and wont cop shit from the media.

Its time to Make Parramatta Great Again and the Cheik is a perfect fit.

Zoso

Juniors
I am not sure where the reason lies for us not having the outside back depth we are all looking for. Is it in what BA has asked for, is it in MONs inability to secure it, is it in the salary cap limitations imposed by the Board/not having TPAs - there are lots of potential reasons and none of us are close enough to understand the real reason.
What’s your best guess?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly

Legal Eel

Juniors
I dont think its as Crazy as people think.

I think Cheik is a great fit for our club that would bring in sponsorship & massive interest to the club straight away and would put us on the map world-wide.

He has a relationship & backing of Mitchell Moses to become an NRL Head Coach. That connection will be benfiecal to mending any sort of issues of the new coach as Moses is the man to lead us forward for the next 5 years.

He is a self made businessman outside of coaching and a very smart man forget the fact he played/coach Rugby - Cheik loves his rugby league and would know the tactics involved.

He won a super rugby with the Waratahs, Its a waste of time looking at his record with the Wallabies they are a bigger lost cause then this mob.

He was an assistant to Robbo for 12 months at the chooks and coached the Lebanon team at the world cup while juggling the Argentina union side.

And more importantly he is great man-manager he wont take any shit from anybody and would stand up for the club if we were ever wronged by officials and wont cop shit from the media.

Its time to Make Parramatta Great Again and the Cheik is a perfect fit.
Don’t need to sell me - Michael Cheika is a phenomenal man manager…my only caveat would be that with cheika we will require assistants with strong technical knowledge

Soto

Bench
Don’t need to sell me - Michael Cheika is a phenomenal man manager…my only caveat would be that with cheika we will require assistants with strong technical knowledge
What's wrong with Barrett, Murph and Antonelli?

Ok don't answer that

emjaycee

Coach
What’s your best guess?
Well we have shied away from TPA's which in turn puts pressure on our cap as we dont have 'extras' and the players BA has needed and have wanted are not cheap, so we lose out at the negotiation table. We have a squad based on a particular style of play and when you load your salary cap with a quality (expensive) 1, 6 & 7 and then top it up with some highly paid forwards, you dont have a lot left over.

King-Gutho94

Coach
But it hasn’t really worked. That’s my point.
Didn't BA and Daniel Anderson have a fallout as well when DA was basically doing a similar role to MON before the salary cap debacle.

I noticed BA wasnt anywhere to be seen or heard when the Daniel Anderson's fundraisers were happening last year it had more people from the Chooks and Warriors then Parramatta.

Considering they worked together for 3 or 4 years clearly the friendship wasn't there that BA would go to support him.

Might sense a pattern emerging there with BA.