What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Just for your info, we lost a number of good NRL players after the. gf, and those in charge of recruitment didn’t sign one player approaching their level. They have ignored the backline and have failed to fill a top 30 roster. I understand you will find a way to argue this , but really it’s indisputable that they have failed the coach and the fans.

they get paid big bucks to be as good as other clubs, and they aren’t.
Just to add some context (not disagreeing)...we did renew both our halves in early 2023, and that unavoidably soaked up a fair amount of space.

Glenneel

Bench
I think he took the easy option. Playing at the Riff on the back of 3 possible 4 GF wins would have been alot of pressure and he doesn't look like someone that will put in the hard work.
He doesn't and I for one couldn't work out why Panfers were after him. Didn't fit their mold, that is high intensity, high workrate. Fifita is high explosive player but with low workrate similar to Latrell Mitchell. Can't see him lasting long at Chooks either tbh unless they can tap into his brain.

Gazzamatta

Coach
has Jakey moved out ?

I can imagine the talk around the dinner table

how was training today son ?

not to bad dad

what did you guys get up to ?

oh, we talk about how we will attack your left edge

oh really, how is that son

we're going to run at them
Yep Jakey moved out. Check out Coach's latest presser. The breaky bar is a huge incentive now days.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
He doesn't and I for one couldn't work out why Panfers were after him. Didn't fit their mold, that is high intensity, high workrate. Fifita is high explosive player but with low workrate similar to Latrell Mitchell. Can't see him lasting long at Chooks either tbh unless they can tap into his brain.

Kikau could have gone the same way, but it was the best thing for him when he went from the Cowboys to the Panthers and they slowly got rid of all his bad habits and lazy loafing on the edges and turned him into an explosive and efforts player and the best edge in the game.

Maybe that's what they were hoping they could do with Fifita, but thank fu*king Christ for us and all the rest of the comp we will now never find out if they would have succeeded or not.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Kikau could have gone the same way, but it was the best thing for him when he went from the Cowboys to the Panthers and they slowly got rid of all his bad habits and lazy loafing on the edges and turned him into an explosive and efforts player and the best edge in the game.

Maybe that's what they were hoping they could do with Fifita, but thank fu*king Christ for us and all the rest of the comp we will now never find out if they would have succeeded or not.
Players have it in them or they dont you can tell early on in there careers.

I think Fifita will struggle in Sydney personally not many high profile signings already established in the game come to Sydney that are from Brisbane do well.

A bit different if you sign up with a club in Sydney and your from Brisbane as a junior and your young and just want to impress and build a career.

In Brisbane/GC you can coast through with the local media up in Brisbane & GC not being as vitriolic to players as they are in Sydney.

Broncos have the media under there thumbs with the protection racket and then GC probably dont give a stuff.

So the blowtorch will be applied in Sydney the moment fifita isnt delivering and i dont think he will be able to handle it.

Latest posts