What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Who has more power in signing players, Richo, Fulton or Benji.
It appears to me that the water was stagnant until Richo turned the tap on.
It wouldn't surprise me that after Richo's "no comment" when asked if WT are pursuing an early release of Luai that he is working hard behind the scenes to get this done.
Though as JohnnyThailand said he's nursing a shoulder injury so is getting him early really of benefit?

Tigerm

First Grade
Who has more power in signing players, Richo, Fulton or Benji.
It appears to me that the water was stagnant until Richo turned the tap on.
It wouldn't surprise me that after Richo's "no comment" when asked if WT are pursuing an early release of Luai that he is working hard behind the scenes to get this done.
Though as JohnnyThailand said he's nursing a shoulder injury so is getting him early really of benefit?
Richo has said, he will always go with what the coach wants, it’s his head after all?
I still think we need a recruitment manager, when the season get closer, the coach will have other shit on his mind, that is more pressing.

TBH, getting him is the priority.

innsaneink

Referee
Jarome Luai Belmore bound

Michael Chammas (SMH)
Wednesday 20th December 1:15 pm

In what could be seen as a lump of coal for Wests Tigers fans, the Bulldogs could be receiving an early Christmas present of Jarome Luai, who have formally lodged a $7.5 million deal over 5 years for the off contract half, making him the highest paid player in the NRLIt was believed that Luai had agreed to join the Tigers on a $6 million deal earlier this week, but it is now understood that Luai and his management will pull out of their deal with the Tigers, and agree to join the Bulldogs from 2025.

Under the new NRL rules, a player must tell their current club that they have received an offer from a rival club and that if that player chooses to take their offer, their current club will have a 10 day period to convince that player to stay with them instead of losing them to a rival. However, that player can pull out at anytime if they so choose and don’t even have to accept the offer after the 10 days has passed.

Penrith have already conceded that they will lose Luai after next season and will not release him early under any circumstances, but it seems likely that the Dogs and Gould have landed their man once again. It seems as well the Panthers connection of Kikau, Burton and Crichton may also be another factor in Luai’s defection from his deal with the Tigers.Luai may yet still decide to honour his deal with the Tigers, but if his decision is based on money, I hate to say it Tigers fans but I think unfortunately, you’ve missed your man again.

Tigerm

First Grade

Michael Chammas (SMH)

In what could be seen as a lump of coal for Wests Tigers fans, the Bulldogs could be receiving an early Christmas present of Jarome Luai, who have formally lodged a $7.5 million deal over 5 years for the off contract half, making him the highest paid player in the NRLIt was believed that Luai had agreed to join the Tigers on a $6 million deal earlier this week, but it is now understood that Luai and his management will pull out of their deal with the Tigers, and agree to join the Bulldogs from 2025.

Under the new NRL rules, a player must tell their current club that they have received an offer from a rival club and that if that player chooses to take their offer, their current club will have a 10 day period to convince that player to stay with them instead of losing them to a rival. However, that player can pull out at anytime if they so choose and don’t even have to accept the offer after the 10 days has passed.

Penrith have already conceded that they will lose Luai after next season and will not release him early under any circumstances, but it seems likely that the Dogs and Gould have landed their man once again. It seems as well the Panthers connection of Kikau, Burton and Crichton may also be another factor in Luai’s defection from his deal with the Tigers.Luai may yet still decide to honour his deal with the Tigers, but if his decision is based on money, I hate to say it Tigers fans but I think unfortunately, you’ve missed your man again.
Bugger, if true.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I fully expect the Dogs to come back with one final shot. Gould is being way too quiet, if they were out he or one of his mouth pieces would have come and said so. Theyre absolutely formulating a plan to have the cap space available.

Tigerm

First Grade
I fully expect the Dogs to come back with one final shot. Gould is being way too quiet, if they were out he or one of his mouth pieces would have come and said so. Theyre absolutely formulating a plan to have the cap space available.
Unless it the GM of the laundy empire for his missus, but says they’re within the cap, then it looks shonky doesn’t it?
But he may end up with a playing roster of 15 players?

Tiger Ted

Bench
The detestable dogs needed AFB more than Luai.Im surprised he didn’t end up at Belmore.They r thin re middle forwards & bizarrely have numerous utilities a number of which can play in the halves

WA Tiger

Bench

Michael Chammas (SMH)

Trust me 1.5 for Luai us not a Christmas present..It’s a home invasion on Christmas Eve.
Let’s hope we don’t do anything stupid like matching it. If it’s not BS

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
the JL Belmore bound one...fake news.

But if anyone wants to drop it in the Bulldogs forum be my guest

Really well done. You captured Chammas writing style perfectly.

Reeled me in, hook, line and sinker.

I'm in awe of your skill.
Season 1 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent