What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan To Miss Test Selection

Big Mick

Referee
1. Minichello
2. Sing
3. Cooper
4. Tonga
5. Rooney
6. Lockyer
7. Gower
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mason
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Ryles
15. Ryan
16. Waterhouse
17. Bowen

I think That'd be a top side.

Personally i don't think Webcke should be there. He hasn't really been as effective this season. but he is a great prop and tough as bloody nails.

My centers would be Tonga, Cooper and Tate as a backup.

I'd probably start Tonga and Tate against NZ just because tate has the experience and Tonga will be more match fit. but I'd think Cooper would get a good run during the course of the Tour.

Broncodroid

Juniors
My random thoughts on this article:

* I hear the calls for Matt Orford and Brent Sherwin before Kimmorley, whilst I do agree and have expressed my disgust at leaving Orford home, this is old news as Orford was not added to the train on squad in which Kimmorley was with selectors showing their hand on who was going to back up Gower.

* A possible non selection of Andrew Ryan is a joke. Australian selectors are in the catergory of the NRL judiciary, I don't try and understand their rationale or thinking. Ben Kennedy was a great player in his prime, arguably he still is when fit, but I personally feel Ben Kennedy is a liability we can ill afford to gamble on this tour. Ryan is 26, BK is 30, I would see this as a perfect opportunity to further Ryan's rep career after a career best season. Reward the guy on form alone for crying out loud and steer away from selecting on reputation :roll:

If this goes through, Ryan deserves to be disappointed. First of all he is cut from S.O.O. 3 despite playing brilliantly in games 1 and 2, now there is a possibility he will not make the 23 man squad ahead of an aging, injury riddled player who will be picked on reputation only if only for the reason "versatility and credentials as a lock outweigh those of Ryan." Lock and second row is basically the same position in the National team and wether or not BK wears 11, 12 or 13, he plays the SAME DAMN WAY! This is not a valid argument for mine. Give Ryan the 13 and he lets no one down and there is a 99% chance he will finish a match healthy...can that be said of BK ? No.

* The possible non selection of Willie Tonga I feel is not right. This kid is primed to go on this tour and perhaps make a name for himself on the international stage after making his S.O.O. debut for QLD this year. I would select Tonga ahead of Ryan Cross as I feel Tonga played better all year doubled with Cross's poor showing last night where as Tonga was strong if not spectacular.

* Braith Anasta ? I am not one to rate Anasta highly and even last night he was poor IMO. Personally, I would have Melbourne's Scott Hill ahead of him who can cover the same positions and is a more proven performer at all levels where unfortunately, Braith is not.

* No Michael Crocker ? Or has he been ruled out injury wise ? Crocker is a valuable tourist given he covers lock, second row, hooker and even five-eight if need be like the last tour he was on. He also adds some grunt off the bench. Again, I take Crocker before Anasta.

* Last of all, Shaun Timmins name in the article as a 'probable' tourist is a welcomed surprise as I was of the thinking he had been ruled out :?: That aside, I would have him in my 13 at lock.

I will be interested in the final decision, my biggest dissapointment will be the non selection of Ryan if this eventuates.

Iafeta

Referee
I honestly think Shaun Timmins is the most overrated footballer in the NRL. A lot of Saints players are, they're in all the rep sides, but how often do they pull off a big game when it counts for their club? They're not consistent whatsoever. Timmins hardly plays a half a season, let alone a full season, so how he warrants these rep selections of his I'll never know.

I certainly wouldn't have Timmins as my lock, he's not the best defensively. Penrith showed him up massively in round 1 of the finals. Even in Origin 1, where apparently he was the glory boy, he was done like a cold dinner for Queensland's first try.

The simple fact is, he's a Gus Gould pin up boy, nothing more, nothing less. Trent Waterhouse deserves selection more than him, Andrew Ryan CERTAINLY deserves selection more than him. Ben Kennedy hasn't played enough to warrant selection, neither has Luke Bailey.

Orford should be ahead of Kimmorley, but he's like Timmins, living off his 1998 feats. He's still a good player, but he's not in the form Orford's been in for a couple of years.

Craig

Juniors
Earl said:
Sherwin??

Matt Orford anyone?

He won't.

He is deadset going to finish his career as one of the best guy's not to wear a Sky Blue or Green and Gold jumper.

Red Bear

Referee
Kennedy shouldnt be there, carrol shouldnt be there. Ryan should.
I actually think Webke shouldnt be there, his second half was hopeless i thought. Civonoceva deserves to be there. I would have Baily over Webke.

poetic tragedy

Juniors
nospam49 said:
kennedy shouldnt be there.

Civoneceva shouldnt be there.

Ryan Cross....give me a ****ing break! He is useless and he shouldnt be there.

Lets hope the selectors dont follow this driblle and they select the side that DESERVES to be there!
Stop being an ignorant f**kwit. Ryan Cross is an awesome player, and just because he plays for the roosters, that doesn't take anything away from him. He had a stellar season and unless you've been watching a completely different ball game to me, you can shut the f**k up.

Kennedy shouldn't be there, and Civoneceva shouldn't be either. Andrew Ryan played great for a while but started to choke a bit towards the end of the season. I'd still put him in front of Kennedy in terms of test selection for this year though.

poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:

Lets hope the selectors dont follow this driblle and they select the side that DESERVES to be there!
Stop being an ignorant f***wit. Ryan Cross is an awesome player, and just because he plays for the roosters, that doesn't take anything away from him. He had a stellar season and unless you've been watching a completely different ball game to me, you can shut the f**k up.

Kennedy shouldn't be there, and Civoneceva shouldn't be either. Andrew Ryan played great for a while but started to choke a bit towards the end of the season. I'd still put him in front of Kennedy in terms of test selection for this year though.

You are a p*ss poor little whinger thats knows jack **** about the game.

Now **** off before I have to hurt you! :lol:

poetic tragedy

Juniors
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:

Stop being an ignorant f***wit. Ryan Cross is an awesome player, and just because he plays for the roosters, that doesn't take anything away from him. He had a stellar season and unless you've been watching a completely different ball game to me, you can shut the f**k up.

Congratulations, you just made the most pointless and irrelevant post in this forum. Come back to me with a decent response to what I've just said, quit your ignorant "Rooster Bashing" and GTFO.

poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:

Congratulations, you just made the most pointless and irrelevant post in this forum. Come back to me with a decent response to what I've just said, quit your ignorant "Rooster Bashing" and GTFO.

Oh well..didnt your balls shrink very quickly. You weak peice of crap.

You have the backbone of an earth worm! :lol:

poetic tragedy

Juniors
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:

Are you trying to sound intimidating or tough? Because at the moment you're sounding like an absolute fool, with the originality to go with it. "Backbone of an earthworm." Please... Come back to me when you have something legitimate and relevant to say.

poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:
poetic tragedy said:
nospam49 said:

Are you trying to sound intimidating or tough? Because at the moment you're sounding like an absolute fool, with the originality to go with it. "Backbone of an earthworm." Please... Come back to me when you have something legitimate and relevant to say.

I own you now you worm. I ****ing own you! :lol: