What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Woody90

Juniors
I would have waited to see how we start next season but I’m also ok with him being extended. We’ve shown significant improvement this year.

Woody90

Juniors
A few of AOB’s decisions last night in terms of the hooker and halves rotation really hurt us.

Firstly leaving Cogger at hooker for so long. Despite the size disadvantage, we were more than holding our own against the Raiders pack when Crossland was at hooker. We really started to lose through the middle when Cogger came on, but instead of sending Cogger back to the bench he leaves him there and then moves Crossland to 13? WTF????

Then at one point we had 4 halves on the field in the spine + Ponga. Way too many cooks in the kitchen and by the time it went through so many hands Ponga didn’t get the ball in any decent space or missed out all together. We were naturally going to be disorganised under those circumstances so it begs the question why? Seems like he’s hurt the whole side to try and get Cogger on to the field for as long as possible.

He tried something and it failed, test will be whether he persists with it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It failed in this game but we had no field position in the second half. It’s obviously something they have been trying out during the preseason so I don’t think they will abolish the idea after one bad game. Personally I’d prefer Crossland to just play 80 mins at hooker while Brailey is injured but I can see the benefits of having a half/hooker option as no.14

Knight Tales

Juniors
There was a point there where we would not let them out of their own half for three consecutive sets. That is where he needs to put his focus on the video this week. Why we let that slip. Cos that was where we could have turned it around. We did not and got punished for it.

Yosh

Coach
AOB would have been blown to pieces by the media and (many) Knights fans if he didn't play Cogger in round 1. I think it was plain to see it isn't going to work and he needs to make some hard calls. Elliot is too good to be replaced by Crossland for 30 minutes a game. Crossland deserves to be our starting and main hooker even with Cogger and Brailey fit to play. Those two need to be fighting it out for the bench hooker spot or Cogger needs to train as a half and battle it out with Hastings and Gamble.

perverse

Referee
AOB would have been blown to pieces by the media and (many) Knights fans if he didn't play Cogger in round 1. I think it was plain to see it isn't going to work and he needs to make some hard calls. Elliot is too good to be replaced by Crossland for 30 minutes a game. Crossland deserves to be our starting and main hooker even with Cogger and Brailey fit to play. Those two need to be fighting it out for the bench hooker spot or Cogger needs to train as a half and battle it out with Hastings and Gamble.
A few more games like this week and Crossland will again find himself lucky to be in first grade at all. In an ocean of mediocre performances last night, his stood out as by far the worst. Terrible.

Old dog

Juniors
Agree Crosslands was ordinary but enthusiastic goer, trids hard but that might be his problem, still think he is our most likely 14 playing 20-30 mins at hooker once Brailey is back, fit and well, play two of Hastings, Gamble and Cogger and 8-10-11-12-13 can/should be rested or replaced by 15-16 17

slotmachine

First Grade
A few more games like this week and Crossland will again find himself lucky to be in first grade at all. In an ocean of mediocre performances last night, his stood out as by far the worst. Terrible.

Anyone who watched last nights game and isn't praying for Brailey's speedy recovery is crazy.

Woody90

Juniors
Crossland made a lot of errors (tbf one of them was on Thompson) but when he was hooker I thought our forwards were rolling down the field well. There was an obvious negative change when Cogger came on.

Crossland was terrible when he moved to 13 though. AOB needs to acknowledge that while he’s done a really solid job for us at 9, he’s still a very limited player overall in most positions. If we can get Brailey back and his fitness up (likely initially on the bench), Crossland should be #14 and come on for short stints at 9 only (and only used elsewhere if we have a halves injury).