What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Yeah we should recruit qld has been an again, that worked out well. If you think recruitment has gone backwards you’re off your lemon spread. He’s done the best he can with little to work with. I’m sure in one of our 2 wins you’ve sung the praises of K flanno, RFM & Eisenhuth.
What rubbish. You can read a few of my other posts tonight on this matter but I'll reply to you as well.

Previous coach signed Sua and Molo the season after both made origin debuts for QLD.
He signed Bird too who has played for NSW.

How many rep level players has Flanagan signed mate? Hopefully that answers your question. Recruitment is a tonne worse under this pathetic excuse for a coach and he needs to be sacked immediately.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It will take time with Flannagan. Remember he took over very late and he had no time to put his mark on this team. There was hardly any players available to purchase.
Hopefully with the coffers full and time he can get into the players market
1 top front rower Royce Hunt
1 top hooker Mitch Kenny
2 top outside backs Nick Meany also goal kicks. One other.
1 top half/ five eight Metcalf Warriors
Bad luck. Flanagan has had a whole off season to sort the team out and talked a big game pre season. This article below he says the team will be hard to beat and won't beat ourselves which is complete crap.
He is all talk and said what he needed to say to get the job. He was the BOD's preferred option as he wasn't demanding changes like Ryles was, he was just desperate to get back to head coaching.

I just pray this dodgy coach doesn't get our players on the juice like he did at cronulla. The NRL will have no hesitations with relocating the club to another part of Australia if/when that happens.

Ryles was the coach we needed but Flanagan is the one we deserved.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think the board and management are sticking their noses in. They are the biggest problem with this club. and until they sack the board and management it won't get any better. if Flanno can't fix it I don't believe anybody can.
Where TF has Ryan Webb been this year btw...

hook hook

Juniors
What rubbish. You can read a few of my other posts tonight on this matter but I'll reply to you as well.

Previous coach signed Sua and Molo the season after both made origin debuts for QLD.

How many rep level players has Flanagan signed mate? Hopefully that answers your question. Recruitment is a tonne worse under this pathetic excuse for a coach and he needs to be sacked immediately.
Pray he doesn’t get them on the juice? That’s the least of our worries. As long as they don’t get on whatever drugs you’re on we’ll be fine.
hook had 3.5 years flanagans had 6 months

denis preston

First Grade

Do you seriously mean that ? Really ? After FOUR games ? As we have often said before, thank f**k that a lot of posters here have absolutely no involvement in the running of the club.

redVinme

Bench
Do you seriously mean that ? Really ? After FOUR games ? As we have often said before, thank f**k that a lot of posters here have absolutely no involvement in the running of the club.
But hook signed a bunch of blokes that played one rep year then we payed rep money for them and they have never since sniffed and that's supposed to have been a big deal hahaha. I'm hornby should change their name to "I'm Anthony Griffin" seeing as he clearly must be him in disguise

Crush

Coach
I think most sane people can see the development happening. It’s a little bit one step forward two steps back at this stage but the consistency will come.
Anyone asking for Flanno to be sacked immediately after a couple of losses and a couple of wins is either not the full quid or they are just trying to stir shit up.
This thread will be funny to follow.
Silence after every win and lively after every loss.
Gotta love the forum!

True_Believer

Juniors
I think most sane people can see the development happening. It’s a little bit one step forward two steps back at this stage but the consistency will come.
Anyone asking for Flanno to be sacked immediately after a couple of losses and a couple of wins is either not the full quid or they are just trying to stir shit up.
Gotta love the forum!
The forum frustrates the shit out of me sometimes. It's hard to stay grounded after a win, but we have to be realistic, this isn't going to happen over night (as you've alluded to). Things are changing but unfortunately for us suffering fans we just have to be patient. Some of us have more of that virtue than others.

Anyway, I accept responsibility for this weeks loss. I wasn't drinking JD on Friday night. I really need to get my head into the game and come better prepared.

Drewbrees

Juniors
Gotta love the forum!
Bravo.

the garage

Juniors
Modern coaching all about putting in positive systems for long term viability of success and psychology.

Your dealing with young males, not the most complex units on the planet. A successful coach will understand their motivations as basic as they are and exploit them for team and individual benefit.

Not a lot of coaches are great psych's but the few successful one's are, is Flanno one of them?

Have no idea but time will tell.

Crush

Coach
I'm not real good at maths. But I'm pretty sure that 1 step forward and 2 steps back is not a recipe for long term success.
I literally said it’s a bit one step forwards two steps back at this stage but the consistency will come.
You understand that by including the “at this stage” and the “consistency will come” it implies that things will change right?
But your maths checks out, 1 step forwards 2 steps back wouldn’t be a good recipe for long term success.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
But hook signed a bunch of blokes that played one rep year then we payed rep money for them and they have never since sniffed and that's supposed to have been a big deal hahaha. I'm hornby should change their name to "I'm Anthony Griffin" seeing as he clearly must be him in disguise
Doesn't change the fact that we signed rep players the year after making their SOO debuts though does it?

Who of Flanagan's recruits so far are higher caliber signings than Sua, Molo, Suli were?
All of these players at that time were all up and coming players they were 27, 24 and 23 years of age respectively.

Better yet, none of Flanagan's signings have even been higher caliber than Josh McGuire, surely that tells you something.

Let's be real, Flanagan's signings so far have been two second rowers 30 years or over (RFM and Eisenhuth), a 26 year old who hadn't played first grade (Marshcke), his son (enough said on that) and a second rower who came through our junior system, hasn't lived up to his potential and has been a journeyman with off field behavioral issues since, we picked him up again on massive overs (Leilua).

Flanagan has achieved all of this after being appointed in June 2023, he had the best part of 8 months during the previous season and the off season to improve the roster and he has not been successful in doing this.