What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Yeah, McGregor is the third type of coach alright. However its is not completely the Coach's fault although the larger part of the blame lies with him. Yesterday was an inept performance, misdirected kicks, painfully slow in the ruck area, poor completion rate, the list goes on. There may be a slight excuse early in the season for that type of performance, where team cohesion may not be at its best. At this stage of the competition a competent coach would have this sorted out. Sure some blame must lie with the players, but the team is running round like chooks with their heads chopped off.

LINESPEED

Juniors
There's a choker culture that's well entrenched at our club - ask any NRL fan & they'll give you that dismal fact. Alfie Langer sledged it well in the 92-93 grand finals.
It's a choker continuum that includes the current guys in charge - right to the top. Mary, Head, Young, Hornby & Creagh more recently - you could always see the whites of their eyes under pressure. Widdop's infected with it as well now.
Frizell must be made captain.
They're all there still running the show, and it's self-perpetuating, a self-fulfilling prophecy for the club. It's an old boys club where they cover their arses with soft cock excuses and watch each others' backs in a cosy relationship that's about looking after each other rather than the fans and the club's welfare
Demetriou was shafted because he didn't fit the template.
Bennett cracked that psychology with a hardheadedness that worked until we reverted to type & lost 9 straight in his last year. The chokers were full-on in his face and I remember the day he gave up on them, saying " well they're the ones on the field".
Imagine Bellamy's response to what was served up yesterday?
You just get so sick of being gutted all the time.
The club needs a total cleanout asap & that can only happen with a new CEO & Board.

St Georgio

Juniors
If I was supercoach McGregor, I would take the entire 16 from yesterday and flog them senseless including himself!

Last edited:
It does answer the question about what to do when Aitken comes back. Simple, drop Lafai, he's been shocking for weeks.
McGregor will drop Dufty for sure
Yeah, McGregor is the third type of coach alright. However its is not completely the Coach's fault although the larger part of the blame lies with him. Yesterday was an inept performance, misdirected kicks, painfully slow in the ruck area, poor completion rate, the list goes on. There may be a slight excuse early in the season for that type of performance, where team cohesion may not be at its best. At this stage of the competition a competent coach would have this sorted out. Sure some blame must lie with the players, but the team is running round like chooks with their heads chopped off.
Occasional good performances amongst the poorly coached majority does not have a lot to do with the players.
I think we have a very competitive squad that put in week after week.
Unfortunately, in FG, that is not enough.
You tend to wonder what this team would be like coached by someone like Bellamy, Green or even Flanagan.
3 things would happen compared to now:
(a) We would perform to our potential more consistently.
(b) Tactically we would be a lot sharper.
We would not get out coached just about every game we contest.
Brown did a number on us yesterday with the bottom placed team in the comp.
(c) We would have a real captain leading us into battle. Widdop is not an on field leader.
The original appointment of McGregor as coach was a misguided and indefensible gamble.
The premature decision to extend his contract after half a dozen games, was diabolical and totally negligent.
At what point do things get bad enough for drastic action to be taken?

St Georgio

Juniors
McGregor will drop Dufty for sure

Occasional good performances amongst the poorly coached majority does not have a lot to do with the players.
I think we have a very competitive squad that put in week after week.
Unfortunately, in FG, that is not enough.
You tend to wonder what this team would be like coached by someone like Bellamy, Green or even Flanagan.
3 things would happen compared to now:
(a) We would perform to our potential more consistently.
(b) Tactically we would be a lot sharper.
We would not get out coached just about every game we contest.
Brown did a number on us yesterday with the bottom placed team in the comp.
(c) We would have a real captain leading us into battle. Widdop is not an on field leader.
The original appointment of McGregor as coach was a misguided and indefensible gamble.
The premature decision to extend his contract after half a dozen games, was diabolical and totally negligent.
At what point do things get bad enough for drastic action to be taken?
Peter Doust needs to sack himself along with the others for the decision.
St George needs to do a parra, a complete overhaul on there administration!

Peter Doust needs to sack himself along with the others for the decision.
St George needs to do a parra, a complete overhaul on there administration!
You can keep banging on about it and you know the truth its not going to happen.

The Dragons board are here to stay no matter how bad things look and how many fans get the shits and walk away.

They have proven by their decisions results don't seem to matter aslong as they have the good guy image.

The token review commitee was an absolute joke and Coyne backing Mary showed he was nothing but a puppet.

I thought Bob Millward was utter shit Doust is just as bad if not worse.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Since the Anzac Day loss against roosters in round 8 dragons have only won four games on what basis does that imposter doust resign that termite McGreger to a new deal and on what basis does he call him a (career coach ) doust has some series answering to do either sack McGregor and hire a professional coach or hand in your resignation imposter doust

Since the Anzac Day loss against roosters in round 8 dragons have only won four games on what basis does that imposter doust resign that termite McGreger to a new deal and on what basis does he call him a (career coach ) doust has some series answering to do either sack McGregor and hire a professional coach or hand in your resignation imposter doust
And those 4 wins were against the Warriors who can't beat us on a good day, we scraped in against West Tigers, had to pull a rabbit out of our arse to beat Newcastle at home and finally an under strength Manly who managed to score 4 tries in 15 minutes after half time.
Doesn't engender a lot of confidence does it?
The coaching set up is an insult to the tradition of the club and it's supporters.
Doust and co. have thick skins (elephant hides) and are oblivious to anything resembling the best thing to do for the club.
They consistently put themselves first and make decisions based on nepotism and factional appeasement.
They are a total disgrace.

j0nesy

Bench
I'd sack him if it were in my control, hell, I never would have re-signed him in the first place. But it's not up to me and it's completely out of my control, so I let it go. But there's no way we should be blaming the coach for that performance. I mean these blokes are first grade played, some darling close to 1 million per season. They should know how to catch a football and when to pass and when not to. FFS you can't coach that,

71saintsimon

Juniors
And those 4 wins were against the Warriors who can't beat us on a good day, we scraped in against West Tigers, had to pull a rabbit out of our arse to beat Newcastle at home and finally an under strength Manly who managed to score 4 tries in 15 minutes after half time.
Doesn't engender a lot of confidence does it?
The coaching set up is an insult to the tradition of the club and it's supporters.
Doust and co. have thick skins (elephant hides) and are oblivious to anything resembling the best thing to do for the club.
They consistently put themselves first and make decisions based on nepotism and factional appeasement.
They are a total disgrace.
So true that's and very sad what has this great club come to under termite McGregor and imposter doust it's not acceptable and higher powers need to remove both doust and McGregor if they don't supporters should be banging down the leagues club for there removal and boycotting games enough is enough